Roll Call 2009

William Brand

we should have a great force of pirates

yesh..... :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I simply can't wait!!!

Me luck say's I'll probably get eaten by a large fish wit sharpie-kinda teethies...But I'm sure it'll be a great time!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

good lord, if eevn half the people on the list show up, we will have QUITE the turnout......the beach will be veeeerrryyy crowded .....oh yeah i used to be Mr.tignor, new name...lol yay confusion!

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

I've found that the key to switching user IDs is to put a photo in your signature and then keep your sig the same between IDs. Or you could do the same thing with your avatar like I think you have...if you don't change it constantly, that is.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

It may be too early to so call this official but it looks like I will be at PIP this year with a few of our crew. I have yet to attend PIP so I am quite excited. I had committed to do the FLPF that is 2 weeks before hand so it wont be easy for me to come home for a week and make enough stock to restock my dealers and to have something to bring to the Keys.

As of now it seems the plan is Myself, Sarah, Klaus, Talderoy, Captain Dave and Jose. We have not talked to Scarlett yet but she wants to come I know that. Sounds fun.

I think the current plan is to come down for the last 5 days or so as we dont want to miss the "walk the plank".

I came down to the Keys last year one week after PIP and had some fun but all it really did was make want to be here for the event.

I will let you know as soon as anything gets confrimed.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Friends...neighbors...very distant cousins...I must beg off this year. I have to be somewhere else. I don't quite know how to explain it, but...well something inside told me I should be there. As if my future had something to do with it.

Sorry to the three of you who were expecting me. Maybe next year. (But if all works out well in the future possible, probably not even then.) I will be at Paynestown next year if I possibly can be.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Wow...really good news about Matt and his gang followed up by horrible, deflating news from Mark. The Mercury is diminished, but PIP gains a good half dozen others. How would you like to be listed, Matt? I can place you with a crew already in attendance or under your own standard.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Friends...neighbors...very distant cousins...I must beg off this year...

Well that's just not happy news. Well, good fortune for you at that "somewhere else."

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Thats a good question about how we want to be listed. We never joined a crew realllly. Had a few offers but never acted on it. We have gone under the name "Press Gang" for some time now. Let me get back to you on that. If it ends up being just my lady klaus and I then we will prob tag in with a crew, but if we get a half dozen or so I think we were thinking of setting up a few tents and doing a crew thing.

I had planned on doing the FLPF 2 weeks before pip but I cant see doing both since I would be flying to both. Give me a week or less and I will have some solid info for you. Hell I am just excited about being in Key West again. Last year we came down just for the fishing.

Also I had talked to a few guys last year about me doing a demo or two at the blacksmith shop. Anyone know if that would still be ok? I would love to make a sword or two from start to finish the old fashioned way. Quench in salt water from the sea and all. Would be good times I think.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Hmmm good question about using the forge. With the park under new management that might be a question that needs to be asked again. will talk to Fayma about it.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oi Matt look for a pm from Fayma. Figure out how much fire wood you will need.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Friends...neighbors...very distant cousins...I must beg off this year. I have to be somewhere else. I don't quite know how to explain it, but...well something inside told me I should be there. As if my future had something to do with it.

Sorry to the three of you who were expecting me. Maybe next year. (But if all works out well in the future possible, probably not even then.) I will be at Paynestown next year if I possibly can be.

Oi Mission, say it isn't true... ye shall be missed!! Now who is going to show all of the great surgical stuff?? And eat my vegetarian stew... and lose tankards regularly... and hats...

Hope all is well, and hope to see you again soon!

Friends...neighbors...very distant cousins...I must beg off this year. I have to be somewhere else.

Belay that. Some people (inadvertently) guilted me into going via pm. (Not that it's real tough.) However, because of the scheduling issue that started all this, I'll be flying in Friday and leaving Monday afternoon. I am only planning to bring the bare minimum of my surgical gear (whatever can be carried in my luggage) so I probably won't be much good for a full display.

Edited by Raphael Misson

William please add Brian and Gnat to the Archangel Crewe rolls. Thank you.

Crewe of the Archangel

Please add to the Archangel Crewe... Doubleshot, Gigi, Mae, Emma and Abbington Normal. Thank you.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Thanks Mission for the update. My mouth was agape at the sad news. Glad you will be with us, however short it will be. The event would great diminished without you and I was hoping we could share tall tales this year, beachside. And thank god Diosa didn't see this post... she would have layered so much guilt on you you would have felt compelled to move to Florida.

Hey, it happened to me. :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Some updates from this end...

There is now some doubt as to whether I will be able to make it or not. Having started a new job this past month, I am unsure as to whether I will be able to get the time off or not. I am still hoping and going to try, I should have a firm read by late October.

Aside from that...

The following people are all with us, and as sad as it is, all of our coming is somewhat interdependent (carpooling etc.), so any of us dropping out could and likely will result in the others dropping out, so for convenience sake, you may want to list us all closely on the list.

Michael S Bagley (Mickey Souris)

Kate Souris

Mark G

Jennie G

Trish Gallatin

Shannon Gallatin

young David (Trish and Shannon's snotty)

You can also strike the below from the list, Nick has been deployed overseas, and without him to help, Ashley is not likely to be able to handle an event with a new child.

Nick Strojny

Ashley Strojny

Michael_banner.jpg

If Michael can't go (and while I hope he can, I can certainly understand why he might not), is there any way we can get Becky and her cage to someone who is driving? Otherwise I have to mail her down there, which means making a box and paying the princely sum UPS will charge for that.