Roll Call 2009

William Brand

I am interesting in attending but am completely green, trying to puttogether acceptable PC gear but would like to hook up with a forgiving crew.

If you have to start somewhere, this event is one of the best to start with! I was completely green when I went two years ago as well. Just do your best with the kit. You'll find lots of helpful people and ideas around here, particularly in the Captain Twill and The Thieves Market forums.

The only downfall is that you may be completely spoiled by attending this event first. :o

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey there!

First, what Mission said. Second, if you need any assistance, our crewe is in Florida and the wenches are always more than happy to point others in the right direction.

You can visit us as http://www.piratesofthecoast.com -- on the crewe page are some email contacts.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I am interesting in attending but am completely green, trying to puttogether acceptable PC gear but would like to hook up with a forgiving crew.

If you have to start somewhere, this event is one of the best to start with! I was completely green when I went two years ago as well. Just do your best with the kit. You'll find lots of helpful people and ideas around here, particularly in the Captain Twill and The Thieves Market forums.

The only downfall is that you may be completely spoiled by attending this event first. ;)

Ye still are green......behind the ears B) Hmmm maybe those are gills!!! I knew there was something fishy about you, Mission :lol:

I just got a letter of marque ( Hall pass From wife ) to go to PiP this year...Huzza!

I suspect ye'll be tellin' them all about me, some tall stories I'm sure! Make 'em good Oderlesseye! :lol:

Yeah Oderlesseye, we want to hear some of the tales or tails of the infamous Rumba Rue!!!!! :lol:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Anne Coates-Sharpe has been invited to join us aboard the Mercury and she has accepted. Along with her, we have a lot of new blood, so everyone take the time to help her and all of the new arrivals get their kit together.

And yes...my wife and children will be attending as well.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

In order to help people navigate their way through the pages of information in the PIP Forum, we've started a new thread in the "Mercury Crew" subforum of the Pyrate Crewe section.

How to get started for PIP

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=1460...mp;#entry350592

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

There seems to be a lot of folks looking to become first timers in this hobby not just for PIP ....these threads could be useful to any who'd like to become active and a bit more comprehensive in their approach to getting their "kit" together whether it is Period correct attire or weapons or their camping needs...

First off I usually recommend that you do a bit of homework before you spend hard earned and often elusive $$$$$ good kit costs a bit more for good fabric and styles than cheap costume "polywood" stuff but it wears better and is more comfortable and the sewing isn't brain surgery. The simple application of needle and thread to mostly straight seams can seem daunting but dive in and you might find it can be fun and addicting (cheaper than a night out) and longer lasting ....unless you pick up something you can't get rid of :o

A lot of my linen shirts are 4-5 years old and the price of linen can be as inexpensive as $5-6 a yard and it takes about 3-4 yards for a shirt depending on the width. The cost of buttons can seem expensive at first but if you figure it's about $2-3 worth per shirt that can mean a good hand made shirt for under $25 .....just for starters

There are lots of folks on the pub who are more than willing to help with suggestions and even patterns, etc.

some simple posts need to be linked in a category of basics (and let the debating of the best shoes, etc. in their seperate threads) :o .....perhaps in a seperate category of "getting started"

just a thought in my humble opinion

Whoo-Hooo! Best news I've had for a while. 'Bout time, too.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Anne Coates-Sharpe has been invited to join us aboard the Mercury and she has accepted. Along with her, we have a lot of new blood, so everyone take the time to help her and all of the new arrivals get their kit together.

YAY! I just hope work for me holds out. So I can take the week or so off.

Aye... please list Mr. Michaels under the ...ahem.. blasted crewe.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I know you can list myself, Commodore Swab I will be assisting "The Viceroy" with the guns and will bring my wife (If she has her visa by that time which is a very very good chance).

The "Old Hag" may come as well, if she does we will drive down in her iron horse. If she doesn't come my wife and I will sail down.

Currently we are independent yet Im thinking the Hag would have a better time in the camps and my wife and I in the fort

id.jpg

I know you can list myself, Commodore Swab I will be assisting "The Viceroy" with the guns and will bring my wife (If she has her visa by that time which is a very very good chance).

The "Old Hag" may come as well, if she does we will drive down in her iron horse. If she doesn't come my wife and I will sail down.

Currently we are independent yet Im thinking the Hag would have a better time in the camps and my wife and I in the fort

What crew or group name shall I list with your lot?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

William, could you please post the list as you have it now. Some folks might think they've notified you but might have spaced off on it. Just a suggestion.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!