Roll Call 2009

William Brand

If Michael can't go (and while I hope he can, I can certainly understand why he might not), is there any way we can get Becky and her cage to someone who is driving? Otherwise I have to mail her down there, which means making a box and paying the princely sum UPS will charge for that.

Hopefully Callenish will see this...

But if I can't go (and I still very much hope to make it), Callenish is the closest to me who I know is driving, and I am in Pittsburgh enough that I am sure I can get it to him between when I expect to find out one way or another and the time he will be leaving (some time in November). Ya know, this might be a good queue to revive the "Driving to PiP" thread, as there are others that may need help with similar situations. I will repost this there (sorry for the duplication). ^_^

Michael_banner.jpg

If Michael can't go (and while I hope he can, I can certainly understand why he might not), is there any way we can get Becky and her cage to someone who is driving? Otherwise I have to mail her down there, which means making a box and paying the princely sum UPS will charge for that.

Hopefully Callenish will see this...

But if I can't go (and I still very much hope to make it), Callenish is the closest to me who I know is driving, and I am in Pittsburgh enough that I am sure I can get it to him between when I expect to find out one way or another and the time he will be leaving (some time in November). Ya know, this might be a good queue to revive the "Driving to PiP" thread, as there are others that may need help with similar situations. I will repost this there (sorry for the duplication). :D

OOh say it isnt so!!!! mike yee just hhaavveee to go, iv never had an event without you!!!! What on earth would i DO!! *cries..... if there any service i can do you to help ill gladly do it(im driving ) ....large trips seem...difficult...i swear...and getting money for them seems worse....*sigh

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Ah William, Maddogge needs more than a 6 x3ft space... he was only joking... I have his actual tent footprint

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thank you but already taken care of...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I just witnessed my office manager approving and signing off of my vacation request... Much sooner than anticipated... And that means Kate and myself are in for sure. This will also mean that Mark and Jennie G will be likely joining us, and a good chance of Trish and Shannon as well. I will be talking with all of these folks this coming weekend and get a better feel for the likelyhood of each of them coming.

Michael_banner.jpg

I just witnessed my office manager approving and signing off of my vacation request... Much sooner than anticipated... And that means Kate and myself are in for sure. This will also mean that Mark and Jennie G will be likely joining us, and a good chance of Trish and Shannon as well. I will be talking with all of these folks this coming weekend and get a better feel for the likelyhood of each of them coming.

HUZZAAHHH! HUZZAAHHH! HUZZZAAAHHH!!! vveerryy glad to hear it my friend.......edits are fun lol

Edited by René la Gaffe

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

YEAH!!!!! It wouldn't be the same without you!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Sorry for not replying to the few PMs I did get, but I have been out of town for a while now. I guess my post got run over saying that I will not be attending this event because of work ;) . Maybe next year, who knows? Hope you all have a blast down there!!

:D

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Sorry for not replying to the few PMs I did get, but I have been out of town for a while now. I guess my post got run over saying that I will not be attending this event because of work ;) . Maybe next year, who knows? Hope you all have a blast down there!!

;)

No, I noted it, but with the hope that something would change. Sorry that you can't make it this year.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

This is the final roster for The Pyrates of the Coast along with our tents:

Hurricane/Dr. Vahine -- Tent: 18 x 25

Diosa -- Tent: 15 x 15

DB/Buxom Anne Marie -- Tent: 14 x 20

Red Handed Jill/Youngblood -- Tent: 12 x 15

Cutter/Io -- Tent: 12 x 15

Sully -- Tent: 10 x 12

Willie Wobble: He does his own thing there

That should do it for us. 11 from our crewe!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

;)

No, I noted it, but with the hope that something would change. Sorry that you can't make it this year.

Thank you very much good sir!! I was hoping as well, but sadly...I have no choice in the matter. I hope to see alot of pictures so that I can get motivated for next years event......provided it does not fall on the first weekend of the month.... December 4-5. Being the low man on the totem pole at work means I usually have to work those days since the other sgts take that weekend off ;)....so here I cross my fingers for next year!!!

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

I found 13 posted photo albums last year when I was putting the Surgeon's Journal for the event together, so I've no doubt there will be a lot of pictures. You can find links to all of last year's photo albums in this thread.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

The weekend that the pirates will be busy at the Fort will be the weekend of Dec. 3-6, 2009.

Crewe of the Archangel

Yeah, what Captain Sterling said. The precursor events are neat, but they're sort of one shot deals scattered around various places in town. The fort only allows the pirates to camp on that weekend he mentioned. (I believe starting Thursday the 3rd.) So most people will be showing up on Thursday (3rd) or Friday (4th). Hurricane may be able to tell you more about the precursor events as he seems to have been involved with some of them in the past. But you have to stay in a hotel or make arrangements to stay somewhere in town.

Here's an example of one of the town events several of us went to last year:

The Buxom Wench and Bad Ass Pirate Contest

Edited by Mission

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

http://www.piratesinparadise.com/fort/index.html

2009 Pirate Fest Schedule

The 2009 dates for the Fort Festival portion of Pirates in Paradise is Dec. 3-6, 2009.

Camps will be set up Dec. 1-3 and will need to break down by the end of the day on the 7th.

Tentative Schedule (a more complete schedule will be posted as it is developed)

* Dec. 1 -- 8am - 5pm -- Arrival and setup of camps and merchants

* Dec. 2 -- 8am - 5pm -- Arrival and setup of camps and merchants

* Dec. 3 -- 10am - 5pm - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest

* Dec. 4 -- 10am - 5pm - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest

* Dec. 5 -- 10am - 5pm - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest

* Dec. 6 -- 10am - 5pm - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest

* Dec. 7 -- 8am - 5pm -- Camps and merchants break and depart

There are some links to forms in the Poop Deck Thread.

https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=15863

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Oh! Originally I thought it was discussed that it was to be limited to only Wednesday or Thursday. That's nice for those of you camping. :lol:

Yes there is a typo on the registration form stating camping begins on Dec. 2, but Fayma said folks can come and set up on Dec. 1, although we don't officially become "Park Staff" until the 2. So you can come in, set up and camp starting Dec. 1, but we are on our own for that day.

Crewe of the Archangel

just booked flight....mark me down as "confirmed"....now i just need to start memorizing the combo to the darnation of a gate... :unsure: ...and figure out how to get all my crap...i mean Kit down there... :angry:

1st year...lost my baggage...showed up with just a Hat and a Fiddle....i was nearly the Nekid Pyrate...noone asked me to play the fiddle... :blink:

2nd year....my weapons arrived by car...2 days after i did....i just felt like the nekid pyrate.... :blink:

this year... :huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg