Roll Call 2009

William Brand

:lol: I finagled a way to get there this year partially in the hope of seeing you again!

(Does this mean Captain Jim is our baby-sitter for the weekend again?)

No, dear doctor, as it seems I'm going to be out as well.

As In William's case, it has been a rough year financially as well as some other issues concerning borrowed children, whacked-out relatives and some other stuff that cannot be resolved in a way that will allow me to attend. I haven't been here much lately as I have been scrambling to get things together for PiP but, alas, it just won't happen.

My apologies as well to the fine crew of the Mercury, the Bone Islanders and the fort personnel. If it's not too late perhaps one of you will be so kind as to pick up the auction thread while there is still a month left to plan.

I'm gonna miss you mates, a lot. Drink one for me and don't kill all the English on the first day.

Capt. James Warren, presently away from his ship without leave...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Damnation! Is there no good news from the Mercury?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Nooooooooooo! :lol:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Is there a pox aboard this ship? All the good ones are dropping like flies around here. This is so sad. We will miss all of you dearly.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend ....been wanting to meet William and his lovely and Jim and his lass ...well, I'm sure we'll attempt to carry on and we'll lift a jar for you all with hopes that the winds turn fair for your voyages to attend next year!!

Nigel, was hoping to spend time with you again it's been a few years since I had the pleasure

Edited by callenish gunner

PIP without Jim is like...well...PIP without Jim. All other metaphors fail.

Oh to be a pirate and steal what we cannot afford. As Michael offered to help with the Mercury early on in the year, the crew should defer to him from here on out. I will of course answer questions and offer what support I can at a distance.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Unfortunately for all concerned here, I will be able to make it to PiP. I send my greatest apologizes to all of you that I was unable to find a way out of coming this year. I know you were all looking forward to not seeing me for once. :)

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

It's odd, but I am really sort of looking forward to seeing you this year. Let's just not talk politics unless we are so drunk that we get to that "I love you man..." stage. :blink:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

PIP without Jim is like...well...PIP without Jim. All other metaphors fail.

Oh to be a pirate and steal what we cannot afford. As Michael offered to help with the Mercury early on in the year, the crew should defer to him from here on out. I will of course answer questions and offer what support I can at a distance.

This sux! I don't get to meet William, and now I don't get to see Jim again! :blink:

William, I'll do what I can to help, but there is no way I will ever come near filling the shoes that you and/or Jim have in the past. To be honest, while I don't want to shrug off helping, I'm just not sure that I would b the best person for this.

Michael_banner.jpg

I think the main thing we're going to need is someone to attend the morning meetings (if there are still going to be morning meetings) and disseminate info. I'd volunteer, but I won't be there the whole time and...well...based on performance last year and the fact that Jessie is making me stay up late staring at the gate on Friday night I doubt I'd fulfill even those minor responsibilities.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes there are still going to be morning meetings... at half past nine I think

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

It's odd, but I am really sort of looking forward to seeing you this year. Let's just not talk politics unless we are so drunk that we get to that "I love you man..." stage. :blink:

And I was so ready to deliver a rousing defense of Governor Modyford's use of letters of marque to defend Jamaica... drunk it is then!

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Being a proper, upright, captured ship's surgeon, I abhor all forms of pyracy whether government condoned or not and if it weren't for my responsibilities to preserve the lives of these miscreants...oh. Yes, indeed, drunk it is then! :blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG

This is going to be the BEST PIP EVER! I am counting on each and every one of you to make William and me as sorry as possible that we missed it. Documentation and pictures the lot of you or I'll knock your heads together next year! And you of the Mercury get together, on another thread if needed, and designate your liaisons so as to take up the slack of that miscreant William and my own despicable self.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

In black leather with Gargoyle sunglasses?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Since this should be a short discussion (and if it gets long we can get Mission or one of the other Mods for this forum to split it out).

How about Iron John? He is a PiP veteran, and he probably knows the ins and out of the Mercury crew better than I? I'll still go to the morning meetings and help out with that, since I helped there with that last year, and that is a pretty easy part for me. Having a second with regards to that would be a great help. If Iron John is unavailable, I would suggest Mark G as another possible candidate, as he has lengthy experience. Or what about MadPete? Boogater? Oderless Eye? The issue I am seeing is that while I have met and know many of the Mercury Crew, there are some good people that I have not met yet. And while working with Mark is easy for me (since we work so much together the rest of the year), a good part of the charm of PiP is working with new (to me) folks.

Anyways, any suggestion? Volunteers?

Michael_banner.jpg

Michael, You'll do fine as an interim Captain! You'll be relaying information and organizing participation in the tactical engagements of those within the group ....it's not like you have to become the "master of the crew under fire" nor are there social protocols that you are obligated to attend to. You under estimate your abilities and over estimate the requirements of being the liaison of the crew within the event. Buck up lad you'll be fine!!!

How about Iron John? He is a PiP veteran, and he probably knows the ins and out of the Mercury crew better than I? I'll still go to the morning meetings and help out with that, since I helped there with that last year, and that is a pretty easy part for me. Having a second with regards to that would be a great help.

I try lend a hand where or whenever I'm needed. I'm not much of a veteran, having only been to PiP one time (two years ago), but I'd be happy to help you out if you want.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)