Your Garb

Kenneth thanks. Coffee in a spray bottle thats a good idea! I had read washing clothes or the raw linen in coffee ages it nicely.

It looked like cloth but I guess its your cuff. A Rolex aye? You pirate..

You need a marine Chronometer..or a period poket watch.

Still you guys did a great job.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as labels go.....

I see no problem with being called an "authentic"....... heck... that's what I wanna be !......

I don't see GoF or BlackJohn, or Kass.... an' th' other authentics having a problem with that label...........

I dunno... parts of me have problems with labels... but I know as human beings we are always trying to make things fit into categories... which is a good reason to read the Tao of Pooh...

I suspect many people here have some odd notions about who I am, based on how I reply to many threads here... I'm sure I'm thrown in with the authenticity bad guys camp... maybe unjustly so... maybe not... and I'm just rambling on when I should be getting ready for an event...

If I had a philosophy about this getting dressed up in funny clothes thing... I guess it would be do it the way you feel right in doing it... don't care about what labels others want to put on you... label yourself if you feel so inclined... but most importantly... be flexible... like P'u... the Uncarved Block...

Btw... there are some really cool pics in this thread... folks are lookin' good!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Now THAT is what we in the ACW camp call "Maximum Effort!" You guys are truly impressive to see. Strut yer stuff everywhere ya go, you earned it! :huh:

I'll be lookin' fer them Tao books, my personality can use a major overhaul these days. Tryin to go thru the education system for my teaching certificate has awakened a bitterness I thought I had a handle on. :lol: Amazing the amount of crap that is involved in this! No wonder our kids are so far behind other developed(and some less developed) Countries!

Great job on those outfits though!

And Lady B.; Hands off my pike! Only Blondiewench gets ta handle that! ;) HeeHeeHee

Bo

And Lady B.; Hands off my pike! Only Blondiewench gets ta handle that! ;) HeeHeeHee

:huh:

Not that! :huh::huh:

The weapon pike! :lol:

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Anyone else see a resembelance between Kennth and Ed Foxe? Just sayin'.

Nah, Kenneth's far better looking.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Kenneth, did ye lads make yer own hats? If so, where did ye get the large blank fer yers?

Jacky Amajiria suggested the "Capeline" it has a 6 - 7 " brim

http://www.hatsupply.com/woolfelts.htm ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Awsome photo Lily!!

If you buy that capeline from hat supply, you'll have to block it.

Jacky Tar,

The hat I'm wearing is a JasTownsend blank(I'm pretty sure Jas buys their capelines from Hat supply and blocks them) and I stretched the cape about an inch more on the front and made it an oval, then cocked the front profile so the back is shorter than the front....then I sprayed it down with 4 billion gallons of Armour All so It's so stiff I can chop wood with it!

Rumba.....you made me blush... :rolleyes:

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

• 2 weeks later...

Kenneth,

Which hat blanks do you get from Jas Townsend? The normal size or larger size ones? I've been experimenting with an old cowboy hat and I haven't been able to stretch the brim out, any tricks to it?

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.