Your Garb

Wow this got tossed pretty low in the stack. :)

Welp, here I be bringing it back up again.

My new crimson velvet frock coat, mates. Gold trim with black trim to the brass buttons on the front, cuffs, mock pocket flaps and two brass buttons in the back at the split.

Tis not totally finished as I have to add on the finishing touch and that's the embroidery. I'm still working on that... albeit slowly.

Crimsoncoat.jpg

Shall debut this fine coat at Port Washington Pirate Festival in a couple weeks.

~Lady B

:lol:

Whoo-hoo pretty lady! :lol:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those shoes looks good* - are they the same from the shoe thread?

*The whole shebang looks good, too, don't get me wrong.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Then why is he brandishing the shoes more than the sword?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

The shoes are those from Museum Replicas, that in that particular thread I wasn't going to buy -- I changed my mind, to mixed results (I've already had to do some fairly serious repair-work on them, after only two full days of wear).

And surely Matt wouldn't be biased in his opinion of that particular sword...? :lol:

sig2.jpg

Is that a BK&S sword? Then show it off!

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Zephaniah, them must be some mighty fine blades 'n shoes indeed! They cost ye All yer brass buttons off yer frock!!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

MadL--

Aye, and if ye look close, ye'll note I sold the button holes as well. I believe in making every penny I can from me plunderin'...

Actually, I'm still torn amongst what buttons are available to decide just what I want. I did note I'm still getting there -- and working on a waistcoat at this point, so...

sig2.jpg

My wife and I bought each other BK&S swords for our anniversary a couple years back -- these happen to be our very favorite swords:

swords.jpg

guards.jpg

Mine is the top, hers is the bottom...

Oh yes I do remeber you and your blades now. Glad they found a good home.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Nice swords, Nash! :) And love th' shoes!

Thank ye, QM James.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

i've committed a sin. i'm in a hurry to finish off a weskit so i . . . . i used stitch witch on a couple of seams, well just the back sides of the arm pits and the back bottom edge . . .but just to hold the fabric in place while i stitched it..... really....... please forgive me.

STITCH WITCH!! Oh just you wait....

What was that about burning/hanging witches in the other thread...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 11 months later...

LOL...

Oh, and Roberts.... question... ye said that th' silk damask justacorps ye spotted and took pics of in the V&A musuem in the UK had lining? Be that corect?

Making this justacorp as best as I can. But have been pondering on making it with lining or not.

~Lady B

Well I've been busy making myself a new more PC outfit. It's so close to being finished. So I wanted to share what I've got going so far.

THE WAISTCOAT

I've used a machine to sew the pocket linings, back and side seams, and the lining and outer shell. Then I prick stitched the outer edges by hand. The pocket linings and flaps were sewn in by hand also. Of course all buttonholes were also sewn by hand. (OI!) 15 in all. Waiting on buttons to arrive to complete. Outer- Linen: Lining- Linen

FRONT

DSCN1302.JPG

BACK

DSCN1304.JPG

CLOSE UP OF FRONT

DSCN1303.JPG

POCKET FLAP and POCKET

DSCN1306.JPG

THE COAT

This time I vowed to sew as much as I could by hand. Once again the pocket linings were sewn by machine, along with the sleeve linings. The last 3 inches so of the sleeve linings were finished by hand. Everything else... was sewn by hand. (rubs sore hands together) B) Waiting on the buttonholes and buttons to be complete.

Outer - Wool: Lining- Linen

FRONT

DSCN1308.JPG

BACK

DSCN1309.JPG

CLOSE UP OF BACK VENT

DSCN1310.JPG

CLOSE UP OF BACK SHOULDER SEAM and SLEEVE

DSCN1311.JPG

CLOSE UP OF INSIDE POCKET (I'm pretty proud of it.)

DSCN1313.JPG

Hope that make sense. Enjoy!

Edited by Jack Roberts

Waistcoat... gotcha.

Hmmm.... pondering about whether to do it with sleeves or not sleeves. Thus far I have the sleeves on it. Oh, decisions, decisions. Bugger. :)

Mighty nice though. Loves th' coat thus far. :::thumbs up:::

~Lady B