^, <, V

Pew

< "In bed fo course"....(Lilly eyes widen and give her Captain a little smile)

So Mistress, what shall we fight about? snigger...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch... :blink:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Finishing up the new gray coat the wif gave me the fabric for my last birthday... a year ago :blink::blink: , a silk ballgown for a trade for a backstaff, one sailor's kit, and patterns for crewe newbies, and helping anyone else with kit in the crewe that needs help...

< Kiss and a band aid

V pass the question along

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Short wool sailor's jacket with linen lining, wool waistcoat with linen lining, lots more embroidery, maybe a shirt or two, at least two wooden chairs and time permitting, some storage boxes and another camp table.

< Kiss and a band aid AND a back rub.

V Pass the question.

RHJMap.jpg

^ A new linen coat for Chain Shot, linen breeches and a weskit for me. Also for me, a new hat that provides more sun protection.

< A bandaid, a kiss, and...another kiss...and.... :blink:

V Pass the question on

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ kind of go hand in hand... I would rather have a nice beach with sun and just enough breeze to make the wool bearable.

< I hate being cold... too painful

V Favorite type of weather?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ I should spend all of my time in Bermuda..puttering along the Seagrape festooned cliffs of the North shore, shopping in Trimminghams along the cobblestone streets and watching the sea stretch endlessly into the sky on Stonington Beach. Then for a nap on the veranda in the shade of palm fronds as afternoon high tea is served....

< Pardon me while I get lost in fancy....

V Pass the q

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ I'm going there in about a week. The Caribbean. :ph34r:

< The sun, I want to see the sun!!!!!

V Pass the question on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Hawaii. I'd have Jack Johnson and Kris Kristofferson as neighbours. Jack could teach me to surf during the day, and in the evening they could both teach me to play guitar, while sitting around a campfire on the beach. :lol:

< Waltzed with a man young enough to be my son tonight!

V What would you like to learn to do?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Fence...Elizabethan style..really well..and some good dirty tricks to make it look even cooler. Then I'll buy me a fine piece from Old Dominion Forge....yeah!

< This is one of the goals I am stickin to for this year :lol:

V pass the question

• 2 weeks later...

/\Read music. I can deciphers it bit by bit, like h&p typin', but not on the fly. Lesdixia I thinks.

< Salvaged the pantaloons. They ain't period no more, but they fits an didn't fall apart at the Faire :huh:

\/ Quickest time you've ever thrown together kit fer someone?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ A few minutes. Misson came to visit us a few months back and we invited him to play pirate at an event. So we grabbed a few pieces from Jack's kit and Tales of the Seven Seas' loaner gear. There's a picture of him in it somewhere...

< After over twenty years, it looks like I'll be knitting again.

V Pass the question.

RHJMap.jpg

/\ Well, that would have to have been for a Wild West Event about three years ago. My twin sister was coming for a visit and she needed something to wear to an event. I got it so I could make a three-piece walking outfit in 16 hours. Lynn was completely dressed for the event by the following morning.

< Looking through my reenactor closet again...need to make some major adjustments...loss more weight! (YA)!!!!

\/What is the one item you really need this year for reenacting?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

/\ Well, that would have to have been for a Wild West Event about three years ago. My twin sister was coming for a visit and she needed something to wear to an event. I got it so I could make a three-piece walking outfit in 16 hours. Lynn was completely dressed for the event by the following morning.

< Looking through my reenactor closet again...need to make some major adjustments...loss more weight! (YA)!!!!

\/What is the one item you really need this year for reenacting?

^ My mistress... snigger

< Seems everyone is losing weight, unfortunately for the wrong reasons

V pass the question along

Crewe of the Archangel

/\ Period spectacles. Little round ones like Godwin an Townsend sells.

<Was asked ta sign a Faire map last weekend. Was already covered in signatures from others. Tried ta make a florished M an a D wi'out much success. Looked like crap.

\/ Does ye practise a period signature?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Aye..T'is getting better...the flourishes ARE hard..

< sigh..3 inches of snow this am. Well at least I'm off all day :lol:

V What period skill do ye have? What skill do ye plan t' learn?

^ I can load a black powder pistol or a cannon fairly quickly. I'm working on loading a musket faster. And I'm getting better at throwing axes and knives. (Not sure if that falls under an actual period skill...)

< More rain through the weekend. Well, at least it didn't rain last weekend when I was sailing.

V Pass the question.

RHJMap.jpg

^ Various cooking and baking techniques, some dancing, but would love to learn how to knit (left-handed so I have to retain the brian!)

< Very excited about the 2008 reenactment season...so much to do!

V Is your first event of 2008 close or far away?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Hopefully soon as the weather gets a wee warmer. Looking forward to a great season!

< I need new snorkel gear as well

V Planning a vaca?