^, <, V

Pew

^ Getting out the cold gear for kayaking the river. It never lasts long, just long enough not to head into the wind in a tee-shirt.

< Had a crazy near death virus Wotan's Day this week, still woozy and somewhat drugged.

v What color hat do ye prefer?

-Aedon

Me mum named me Aedon.

Me mates call me Lucky.

Me enemies call me a bastard.

And anyone in a position of authority calls me

"that lucky bastard Aedon."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hmm....tough choice...

A good weathered dark brown or charcoal for a tricorn

black with a plume for a cocked hat

< MMMMMM!!!!! <_<<_<

V I'll add to a good q, what color and TYPE hat do you prefer?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ I perfer a nice coif…(if that is consider a hat by pyrate standards) in black linen for reenacting. Beige/Tan baseball hat with dark brown brim for everyday wear

< Would really like a cool hat like Mary Diamond has when she's kicking about in jeans...looks great.

V Looking the part at reenactments...(Make-up or no make up?)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ I would think only if it was period accurate.

< Wondering how many events will take place once the Winter closes in ..sigh

V How do you deal with the "off season"?

^ Hmm...home is too far away, therefore my hubby and I spend the weekend doing what needs to be done...Clean the house, purchase xmas gifts, decorate for the holiday season, and I get my yearly "pamper package" early - Hair/Nails and Massage!

< Been sewing up a storm for RF4 - nope...no pyrate stuff this month, but stays/corsets and other small stuff too.

V Passing along the question

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Chain Shot and myself are going to my best friend's house, where there will be a giant Thanksgiving pot luck. I have to bring veggies for 14 people. The house where this will take place overlooks the Rogue River, so it's very kewl.

< Gearing up for Christmas. Getting ready to make Christmas cards. I volunteered to wash dishes all day Saturday for our church's Christmas bazar and sloppy joe lunch. I also made a bunch of bracelets and earrings to sell — money goes to the church youth fund.

V Pass the question on...

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^My Thanksgiving was last month. (Canuck calendar.) But I'm going to the KT Tunstall concert on the date of U.S. Thanksgiving. And Contra dance that weekend.

< Strained my ankle slightly last night at Scottish Country Dancing. So, I'm trying to stay off it and let it heal. I wonder if rum therapy would help?

V Most of the trees still have their leaves here, and some of them are still green. I'd say they're nearly a month behind schedule. Does Autumn seem a bit tardy in your local area this year?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^My Thanksgiving was last month. (Canuck calendar.) But I'm going to the KT Tunstall concert on the date of U.S. Thanksgiving. And Contra dance that weekend.

< Strained my ankle slightly last night at Scottish Country Dancing. So, I'm trying to stay off it and let it heal. I wonder if rum therapy would help?

V Most of the trees still have their leaves here, and some of them are still green. I'd say they're nearly a month behind schedule. Does Autumn seem a bit tardy in your local area this year?

^ not at all... Charlottesville is just ablaze with colour

< the trees are so beautiful one cannot drive home with sunglasses, as they detract from the amazing scenery

V plans for the holidays?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Good food, drink, company and memories

< Ahh 4 days off to catch up an all the holiday stuff

V We need a mid February holiday...anyone?

^ 80 / 20 still have some to do

< Need more lights ..and a trip to the liquor store

Traditionally I wrap on Christmas Eve..very late with the tree on, a drink, my santa hat and some good old Christmas classics.

VGift wrapping...love or hate?

^ Its usually a hasty affair involving lots of newspaper, so I say neither.

How's that for sidestepping?

< My knee hurts and I've not the foggiest why it might be behaving in such a manner.

V If you can't be a GaoP pirate anymore, would you be a 1920's rum-runner or a 2000's Chinese hijacker?

-Aedon

Me mum named me Aedon.

Me mates call me Lucky.

Me enemies call me a bastard.

And anyone in a position of authority calls me

"that lucky bastard Aedon."

^ 1920's rum runner the double oughts with automatic weapons and GPS have no imagination

< Sigh...I'm beat, bushed..done...but it was nice :lol: zzzzzzzz

V Pass the question

^ Yes, a surprize gift box from Flintock Jack and Sebastian Devareaux. Included were close to a dozen DVD's with downloads from Jack's vast collection of pirate/highwaymen movies, documentaries, and film trailers. Also included was the replica pistol Jack let me wear while at Port Washington, WI...AND another matching one for Chain Shot. An awesome suprize, indeed. :lol:

< Stuck at home because of the snow. A good time to catch up on my writing, which has been sadly neglected over the holidays.

V Glad the holiday craziness is coming to a close, or do you miss it after New Years Eve is over?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

( You are ever so much welcome, Bijou...And we are quite pleased that the cache brought you enjoyment)

^Yes! Quite happy that things shall calm, once again...I firmly believe that New Year's Eve is the balm applied without reservation to sooth the soul after the storm has blown over. :lol:

<Was on vacation last week...Worked three this week...Feel like the vacation never happened at all. Slave drivers.... :lol:

V Pass the question

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

^ Well up here in the frozen North East...life gets boring. Grey and brown and more shades of grey. We need a major mid Winter holiday say maybe 2nd week of Feb. Too cold to celebrate Carnival here though I am game :huh: So, no I let go of Christmas and New Years with some reluctance. No more fun shiny decorations or silly hats. There is Little Christmas in January at least :lol:

< Oh and that lovely NY invention.. yucky black snow. ew. :huh:

V Pass the Q