^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I cried like a baby at the end of Gladiator

Sniffled a bit near the end of The Patriot

< Watched part of G through my fingers...eeeeeek!

V What can you say eloquently about snow?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ It's feking cold!

< sorry like skiing and winter but I don't love snow enough to wax poetic about the stuff.

V Woohoo! Off to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Lockhouse and Pip!!! Your next vacation will take you where?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ Aye, hopin fer a weekend trip t' Mystic or DC

< Be careful Jacky ;)

V Favorite fall activity?

^ I love the Fall colors! This year, my yard is showing more orange and reds than in the last three years! Must have been a very wet spring!

< Syked about Williamsburg! Can't wait...so much to do, packing, laundry, shopping, lists....

V What is the down side of vacationing that you don't care for?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Unpacking when you get home.

< Last two days have been very fallish. Sunny, and around 60 degrees. Today, back to fog, and soon rain. :rolleyes:

V It' pouring rain, or snowing a blizzard. What do you do to pass the time? (Okay, Sterling, we already know what you do...sewing, right? LOL )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ Actually living in VA, most likely not sewing... more like running around lighting candles and bringing in firewood if its snowing, then playing cards.

< Nothing like living in the country... power outages are so regular you can count on them occurring ... I go through more candles at home then I do at events... the snotties love it.

V Pass along the question

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ OOhh Sterling...sounds wonderful. Sometimes in the Summer when I'm off and it's still twillight, I like just candles or an oil lamp. It's cozy in the Winter too..

What do I do? depends on if I'm alone or not..Cognac and cards..or Hot chocolate and Rum and a loong talk..and you just never know... :rolleyes:

< We had an outage here a few years back on a sweltering Summer night. Half of LI went out. Everyone brought liqour and food out on their porches and we had a late night block BBQ party. The only bad thing was it was one of the rare nights there was no breeze off the ocean.

V How long have you been stuck in the dark?

^ During the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, I was stuck in the dark for days. Thank goodness for the garden and my hibachi! I also rigged up a warmer for cognac and read by candlelight.

< I always keep lots of candles and such, just in case.

V What would you do if stuck in the dark (i.e. power outage)?

RHJMap.jpg

^ We've been stuck without power for four days. During a major winter freeze. When our power goes, so does our water, toilet facilities (we're on a well with a pump) and heat, other than the wood burning stove. So, we bought drinking water, heated it on the woodburning stove for tea, and spitz baths, and brought water from the creek to pour in the toilet tank so we could flush, but eventually we headed to my mom's to take showers. If it had lasted much longer, we'd probably have gone to a motel.

< Ah life in the country. Candles are a good thing. So is a wood burning stove. I can put up with a lot as long as I'm warm and have hot tea to drink in the morning. LOL

V Pass the question on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I have a butane stove and lamp, a supply box with candles waterproof wrapped matches, batteries, windproof lighter..emergency lights etc etc...

Also full first aid and water.

< Been through enough hurricanes and ice storms. The ice scares me the most. I had it take out the power and knock over 3 trees once. One just missed a window. When it's -13 with the wind chill you don't wanna get caught with yer pants down!

V Pass the question

^ Well, growing up on an air base, we never were without power. The whole compound (for lack of a better word) was self-contained/self sufficient. We had our own power source (a throw back to the Cold War)...therefore, we were never without power. However, once my dad retired...wow, what a difference!

< Built our home out in "God's Country" seven years ago. My husband was a very smart man when building the home. We have a wood burning fireplace and down in the basement, he has an area in the main electrical box that can service a gas generator…just in case. We have never had to use it, but you never know. We have had our narrow escapes with Tornados!

V Pass the question

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ considering i spend much of my time in the dark..............and i have no need of flashlights.....some time.

< lifes choices and like pots...you get better at making them as time goes on....but none are simple.

V do you prefer day or night?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^ night

<Tis the only time I have to myself... my days belong to everyone else I serve. Which, do not misunderstand me, I love my work, just no time for personal stuff.... geeze I don't even have the time to eat.

V pass the question along

Crewe of the Archangel

^ *Hands Sterling an apple and some cheddar with a glass of Port*

Night

< It is that time you can shut things out and the rest of the world is slumbering while you steal a slice of time and a cup of peace and quiet

Some things make more sense, and I can feel myself think without a thousand interruptions and responsibilities.

V Pass the Q

^ *Hands Sterling an apple and some cheddar with a glass of Port*

**ahhh** died and gone to Heaven!

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Being a nocturnal insomniac.....I prefer the night. :lol:

< I wish I had some rum right now.

v What's the craziest dare you've ever done?

“One must have a mind of winter to regard the frost and the boughs of the pine trees, crusted with snow, And have been cold a long time, to behold the junipers, shagged with ice, the spruces, rough in the distant glitter of the January sun, and not to think of any misery in the sound of the wind, in the sound of a few leaves, which is the sound of the land, full of the same wind, blowing in the same bare place for the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing herself, beholds nothing that is not there, and the nothing that is.” -Wallace Stevens -

^ Created some mischief in my HS years with a bunch of my brothers friends which ended in running to keep up with some long legged guys and a crazy guy with a rifle I didn't want to be on the wrong end of

< hey I was young and stupid...

V pass the q it's agood one

^climbed down an old mine shaft

<in retrospect probably not one of me smarter moves

Vpass said question along

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

^ Ugh when I was wee..I remember my brother and I had a milk drinking contest

< To this day I can't drink a glass of milk :o

V Paper or plastic?

^Hopefully neither....if I shop at Costco (sorta like BJ's)....just hafta deal with the 5 gallon jugs of peanut butter.

< Remember when an executive's office had liquor....and important business transactions were done over a shot of bourbon? (just in case you don't, watch the movie Anchorman)

v Do you have a reccurring dream/nightmare?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ Themes in my dreams recur and places I have figured out most but one still baffles me.

< Yeah - What ever happened to those cool 40's office liquor cabinets?

and liquid lunch over contracts? Hmmmm

^ 5 Gallon jugs of peanut butter? LOL Matusalem I'm gonna call you. I want to hear you try to say hello.."Muwgu?" LOL

V Pass on the question

^No recurring dreams recently. But dancing has started to become a theme in my dreams.

< Between the recent time change, and being socially active every night this week, I've developed some pre-dawn insomnia.

V What autumnal activities have you been up to recently? [Global warming's certainly extended our summer here this year. Many trees still have their leaves, and some are even still green. Usually, the leaves have all fallen by now.] Has the time change finally got you into the autumn mood? [streetlights were on at 4:30 pm yesterday!]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg