^, <, V

Pew

^ I don't know if this counts, but I've been caught in the frenzy of a rock concert crowd, and thought I was going to be knocked down and trampled. The guy I was dating at the time got behind me, put his arms around my chest, and dragged me out of the worst of it, elbowing people as he went, so he could get through. Scared the crap out of me!

< Yeah, I've seen individuals go postal, and that can get ugly.

V Good question, so I'll pass it on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^In one particular job, I got set up by a number of other employees (in true Enron fashion), some of which were my supervisors. T'was a kind of traumatic experience.

<Kids are so creative when they are young...

No parent should discourage creativity. I've seen it happen.

V Ever been in a social or work environment that was hostile....not knowingly ? (slightly different twist on above question)

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ Are there nasty politics where I work? Aye. Sadly there are. Sigh I thought people grew up at some point

< Hey, the letter "O" is half worn off my keyboard...I wonder if it gets used more? ;) Noe I am craving an answer...damn.

V Had a very wonderful dream earlier whilst napping in my "Big reading chair" had any good dreams lately?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aye, I have pretty bizarre dreams most of which I can't remember. I think that's probably for the best though. Not that they are bad dreams just wierd.

I'm going flying tomorrow. Woohoo. I can't wait.

Do you dream in color?

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

^ Aye I do. Iand in vivid detail. It amazes me at times. The tiniest things. There are never fuzzy edges

< It's gonna rain again tomorrow ;)

V What do you do on a rainy day?

Rainy days I like to either curl up with a good book, cook or work on crafty projects. The main one is to keep my dogs safe from the big bad thunder and lightning. They get so tweeky.

As long as it doesn't rain here tomorrow I'll be a happy camper. Rain=no flying.

Do you talk/walk in your sleep?

^ I have been known to talk in my sleep. Either when I'm troubled or very happy.

< OOh! You fly! It is great fun isn't it?

V I wrote an email in my sleep once. Lol thank goodness I didn't send the gibberish. I remember dreaming I was writing it. That's the hazard of the laptop on the nightstand at times. ;)

Have you done anything odd in your slumber?

^ I have taken pictures off the wall and rearranged furniture. I looked back on said incidents and I have no reason why I would do such a thing.

< I am now fully capable of sleeping on a hardwood floor, sans pillow. Personally, I think this is disturbing.

V Ever sleep outdoors...with no tent?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^Only at the beach during the day

< Work my hours and you could fall asleep on a fence rail

V pass the question

I slapped my husband once because he wouldn't go to KFC. :unsure: The funny thing is I hate KFC. I also talk /yell/swear like a sailor in my sleep.

I wish I knew how to fly. I would love to take lessons. A friend of ours has a small 4 seater and he lets me take control once we're up in the air.

If money were not an issue, what daring hobby would you persue?

^ Sailing with no extra power. The real way.

< I most certainly wouldn't miss the mundane life.

V Ever fall out of bed? DId you laugh?

^ When I came to, I think I chuckled.

<still nursing a hangover from yesterday...

V If you could never use one of your senses again, which one would it be?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ WOw tough question. Well as taste is close to smell, I suppose taste. Though not willingly.

< As I scarf down leftover chinese eggplant...

V PAss the question

^ I guess if I had t' eat eggplant as often as Red CAt, it would be me sense o' taste, too (I'm not very fond o' the taste o' eggplant).

< The last sense I'd give up is me sight. It would be the hardest t' do wit' out, in my opinion.

V Pass on the question.

^ I like most fruit. Least favorite gooseberries, need too much sugar t' make 'em eatable.

< Spinach... Serve it wit' a little feta cheese. Sprouts need t' finish growin'. I've just never had eggplant prepared well (mayhaps, 'cause there is no good eggplant dish!)

V Have a vegetable childhood horror story?

^ Going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner and being faced with succatash (?), which contains two of the vegetables I loath - peas and lima beans. And as kids, my parents taught us that, when you're company, it's bad manners not to eat everything served to you. Yikes! After the second gag, they told me I didn't have to eat the stuff.

< Up until two weeks ago, I was an eggplant avoider as well. Finally had it cooked right - at a small bistro - and it was very good. Who knew?

V Pass the veggie horror story along.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ This is more comedy than horror: when I was a small kid, I ate a cherry tomato for the first time. My cousin passed it to me at the "kid's table" at a family gathering and I bit into it. The insides sprayed every which way and all the other kids ducked under the table like mad. We laughed about that incident for a long time.

^ There are many good eggplant dishes. If it's prepared correctly, eggplant is a thing of beauty. However, Most folks don't know how to prepare them, so they come out bitter and chewy.

< I make a killer eggplant dish - even folks who say they hate eggplant love it.

V Pass the question.

RHJMap.jpg

^ We hid the veggies in my Aunt's planters lol.

< I make some excellent eggplant dishes myself. I have converted some eggplant haters..yu have to soak the biterness out first by pressing them with salt.

V Pass the question

^ When my sister was little, she thought she was being clever by hiding the peas under the rim of her plate. Perfect plan until it was time to clear off!

< Very few things I don't like. Durian sounds pretty scary, though...

V Pass the question.

Well this isn't a veggie horror story but it is about food. I hate liver. Always did and always will. I used to be forced to eat the nasty stuff which would usually make me physically ill. So one day when it was being cooked at home, I thought I'd be smart and eat at a friends house. Needless to say, they were having liver for dinner that night as well. What a horrible night that was. :rolleyes:

Just the thought of liver makes my stomach turn.

Pass the question

^ Me dad loved sauerkraut. Thank goodness me mom always served mashed potatoes when she served this rottin' form o' cabbage. I'd mix it in the potatoes, so I could swallow the stuff.

< Funny I love kimchi, but the German equivalent never did tempt me palate.

V Hate one thing, but love somethin' else which is almost the same?

^ Aye..I HATE liver ..but I will eat Foie gras if its done right..

< Funny...it seems most pirate folk hate liver. :rolleyes: ..wonder why? Personally I'd rather eat my shoe than liver

V Whats the wierdest/most exotic food you have tried and what did you think?