^, <, V

Pew

^ Weed and water the garden ( the never-ending story of summer ) Maybe go out to dinner Saturday night to try a new steak place in town.

< My husband and I have finally admitted that we are not re-habbers. I will paint, patch holes in the wall, sand, etc. But bigger stuff, like laying tile, carpet, dry-wall or plumbing we leave to the experts. Otherwise it ends up looking a bit...okay, I admit it...cheesy. Husband is good at mending fence, driving a tractor, and caring for livestock, but please, don't put a paintbrush in his hand. He will paint EVERYTHING - the walls, the door, the hardware on the door, the doorknob...well, you get the picture.

V Are you a beige wall type of decorator, or do you go for color? (Give me color or give me death!)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Colour, definitely! At my place, the bedroom is dark red, the foyer is a dusty teal, the second bathroom is dark taupe, the living room is tan and off-white stripes on one wall and distressed brown on two others... you get the picture.

< Between Jack and me, we can repair or build just about anything. He's a better carpenter and I'm better at electrical work, though.

V What is the most outrageous colour you would or have painted a room?

RHJMap.jpg

/\The wife painted a hallway bright General Lee orange. At night when the lights be on, it looks like the hallway be on fire :huh:

<Just finished rubbin' out the lacquer on the Buell parts. Then puttin' the experience 'o usin' the wife's machine ta sew up a seat cover.

\/ Does yer hobbies an skills thereof overlap frequently?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Oddly..or I should say luckily..yes

< Can't decide if it's too hot r too cold tonight

V I prefer 81 - 82 and painfully dry with a breeze. Your perfect weather?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ sunny and just cool enough to wear black wool without passing out...

< wool and linen...got to love them

V Worst thing you ever put in your house?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

^ Cheap appliance's good lord those damn things are way to much trouble

< spent today and almost assuredly tomorrow replacing a head gasket on a 60 Series Detroit ( Motor in my rig) although with gas burners I am fairly compotent this is the kinda thing I couldn't have undertaken without help but then 165 for the gasket beats 1500 for the repair.

V When it comes to cars would you consider yourself a stocker or hot rodder. (leave it mostly stock or serious mods)

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

^ I had a 72 Chevelle...red, white an chrome..oh yeah...

I loved the whoosh and the little jingle some piece of hardware on the sway bars made when you were just coasting.

I rode all the way to Englishtown in my brothers 69 Sattelite. It took an hour for the vibration to wear off all of us lol..

I have raced "shotgun" on 1/4 mile street runs in my friends tri powered GTO

Yeah....it was fun. <_<

< Of course I had a nice new car later on. But I do miss the old "rat" at times.

V pass the question

/\If I was alot smaller an lighter I'd be goin' ta Bonneville ta join the Buell 130 club. I does have a couple 'o time slips from Lion's Drag Strip though. ;)

Modern cars has become too refined an finicky. Ya can't change anything wi'out upsettin' a hoard 'o gov mandated safety an emissions devices. Not fun anymore ;)

< Have ta fix the AC on the truck today. Ya would not believe the amount 'o wires connected ta this thing ;)

\/Modyfyin' the question- Would ye like ta be a hot rodder?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Modyfyin' the question- Would ye like ta be a hot rodder?

^Already am. Now I want to be a pirate and be on a sailboat and sail the Atlantic coastline instead. I can do both, however, financially I can only do one at the moment. I've had my fun with my two tone '57 Ford fairlane and have made the decision to sell it, so that I would rather spend the weekend in some hidden inlet somewhere on Narragansett bay or Chesapeake bay on a boat that sleeps at least 4, has a head (toilet for non-boat people), and a galley and eat crabs and fish and not worry about the phone ringing or spending my weekdays in a fluourescent-lit corporate office environment. Sailing is an adventure: you worry little about fuel costs, emissions. You worry most about wind direction vs. time, and assholes in 38 ft cigarette boats trying to "wake" you and show you who the Real Man is, particularly in genuine historic pirate ports like newport, R.I. or Annapolis, Md.

<However, every time I'm at a marina, there's always some rich bastard showing off his restored '52 Ford pickup or '49 Chevy woodie wagon, while off on his adventure on his 42 ft. Beneteau ketch. You know the kind of people I'm talking about. I'm a creative type but I've given up on showing the world how cool I am like these folks, so I have no desire to emulate them.

V How many places have you called home since you were born?

SHIP2-1.jpg

^ Three..Virginia, New York, and Lewes, England

< Miss the bonfires in November

V pass the question along

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Matusalem that sounds like a dream..I hope you follow it

^ NY, AZ and NY several locations within each

< "Home" can be a relative term ;)

V Pass the question

^ San Francisco Bay Area, Montreal and Santa Cruz.

< Spent a great part of my youth restoring and modifying cars. Took my driver's test in a souped-up car which scared the daylights out of the tester. I assured him, "Don't worry - I've been driving this car since I was twelve... nevermind."

V Pass the question

RHJMap.jpg

^ California and Oregon

< Got my vintage 1970 Dodge Challenger for sale. Thought I'd be buried in that car, but times change. I've had it since 1972!

V Scentimental about cars, boats,...things, or do you let them go without a qualm?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

^ Sentimental? A few choice things aye, but not a ton of stuff

< ooh earrings..yes a passion

V Ever find something you thought was long gone at the back of a drawer or in a dusty box?

^All the time. My home has become the family self storage yard so discovery's are constant.

< Wants to retire on a sail boat but keep his toys LOL

V Modify the question

Ever find a long lost treasure or tool from a hobby you had long ago let slide then find yourself right back in said hobby?

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

^Found a rusty bottle opener in the drawer at my summer place last week, and proceeded to use it to crack open a Corona, if that counts.

< Went sailing with Mr. H. in a strong wind and a borrowed boat. Nearly capsized twice while tacking. I think he's a bit rusty too.

V Complete the sentence. "This year, on my summer holiday ..."

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I went to the Pirate Festival in Port Washington, WI, met lots of Pub folks, and spent 40 minutes in the basement of an old bank, waiting to see if we were all going to be sucked up to Oz by a tornado.

< Since then, the summer has been work - getting ready to put our house on the market, getting rid of all the junk/treasures stashed everywhere (husband and myself are pack-rats), keeping the yard and garden nice.

V Pass the question on "This year, on my summer holiday...."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

^ I don't really have a summer vacation, but there are moments I like to remember....like this past weekend. Spent the second half of the weekend on our boat in Lake MI, enjoying perfect weather, perfect fishing! Walked away with 16 Kings in tow!

< Now we get to smoke them!

V Pass the question on "This year, on my summer holiday...."

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Well my summer isn't over yet..but it's had Pirates and fun stuff and thankfully some time off but I look forward to the rest of it.

< Vegas in August? OW! bring ice

V Fireflies are cool, have a favorite bug?