^, <, V

Pew

^ I sleep when ever I get the chance, which is few and far between

< So how do we get the bloody gas prices down so we can all go to events this summer?

V I like this question: How many times have you sworn never to drink alcohol again?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Since my 15th anniversary, where I ate too much Chinese food, and drank one too many martinis - then spent the rest of the night chumming off the side of our boat. :lol: NOT fun.

< I am much more careful since then. It was the first - and ONLY time I have had the dry-heaves. Never again!!!!!

V Pass the question on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I've never been hung over the next day. Oh I visited the porcelain receptacles a few times in me younger days; that's wot ye get fer tellin' the barkeep there is not enough tequilla in yer drinks!

< Few times I drank t' get drunk. These days it's a glass a wine wit' dinner or an ale wit' pizza.

V Pass the question on.

^ Every time.

< Recovering from a long weekend of keeping several local establishments and malted beverage companies in business....

V Pass the Q on.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ I've never been so bad off that it made me swear off alcohol. Couple of incidents when I was young and foolish, but that's it. I know - so boring! :unsure:

< I'm also in the glass of wine or beer with dinner group. Occasionally carry a flask of rum but it's a small flask and I always share.

V Pass the question on - it's a good one.

RHJMap.jpg

^ The day after my aunt's wedding (who is one year older than me). Man, I was in a sorry state. But it eventually dawned on me that, wait a minute, hangovers don't involve 102-degree fever....

< always be careful when travelling back to the old country. You are acclimated to your local germ pool, but the stuff half a continent away can nail ya!

V Pass the question on.

^ Three times at least, twice after too many bottles of port in one night and the third time after RF2 and Pete's grogtinis (sp).

< Grogtinis, your brain is fine, clear, can reason, you can carry on a perfectly good conversation, but, boy does your body go off in a completely different direction and then all of a sudden just ups and quits.... damn but they taste fine! :rolleyes:

V How are the gas prices hitting you?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Let's see... I live in the San Francisco area, where EVERYTHING costs more, but my car gets about 42 miles per gallon. BUT - I'm putting about sixty miles per day on it. So I'm really appreciating my car's gas mileage right now.

< NorCal pirate faire is this weekend - woo hoo!

V Are you considering getting a car with better mileage?

RHJMap.jpg

^Anything would get better mileage than my current..what did you call it?...car? hmm :lol:

< Still not well off - would pirate if not for the harriers and GPS...sigh one can dream... ;)

V Agree with alternate methods of power (solar, wind etc?) even if they may mean a windmill farm in your area or some other obvious facility?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ rather stuck between a rock and a hard place regarding that... need the truck to haul all the gear to events... better mileage usually doesn't haul well

< no more school till August... taking on sewing commissions

V What do you need a break from?

Posting Red Cat's question as well, since I just posted right after her...take yer pick

V Agree with alternate methods of power (solar, wind etc?) even if they may mean a windmill farm in your area or some other obvious facility?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Constant interruptions in al already full to overflowing schedule

< Aye seat o the pants..that's me at times..sigh..to slow down....sigh :lol:

V Hectic, frantic or organized?

^ Always hectic but strangely organized enough to accomplish everything I've been asked to do

< funny how one is always adding to the load and never subtracting

V summer project(s)?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Learning pirate arts and more history oh..and how to sew sleeves and buttonholes.

< Aye I need more garb. Not ready yet.

V Summer projects? Summer goals?

^ projects, not many. Sew a tent of some kind, maybe 2. paint the sewing room again (I'm sick of the color) maybe something else on the house yada yada yada

< huge fan of all alternative non-petro based forms of energy. Currently using "foot power" most of all.

V what's the furthest you've ever walked in one shot?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ 30 "city blocks" in Manhattan..Was having so much fun..never noticed..

< Dill Havari would be so good right now...sigh..diet

V What do you crave at this moment?

^ A fine night-cap ties me over 'til morn.

< If you can walk there, then I'll drive there. I have really big tires.

V If you could play any game, with any person, (living or dead, past or present), what game would it be and with whom would it be played?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^Some manner of strategy game with Patton, Washington and T. Roosevelt at the other 3 corners of the table.

Mayhaps chess-like, with those fine pewter pieces that look like horses and soldiers.

Word association game with Lincoln.

< I always wanted to bring Franklin or Washinton to the present and see what they think of modern day stuff like toasters and automatic doors. I doubt they'd be plussed with society..

V Uber fabulous question PEW :lol: ..so I pass it on on yer honor mate..

^Twister with Stuart Townsend. No... wait ... can I make that strip Twister?

< I like to walk. Probably furthest in one shot was Mizzy Lake Trail -- 11 km. And my favourite late-night snack is potato chips.

V Passing P.E.W's question along -- What game would you like to play, and with whom?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Hmmm like to play our hobby of reenacting with George Washington, Bart Roberts and King Henry VIII, and Robespierre (sp)! I bet they would think we were completely out of our minds for doing what we do!! :lol:

< FIRST FULL DAY WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO! Better get to work on that red coat!

V Great question P.E.W. and great banner btw,

Passing P.E.W's question along -- What game would you like to play, and with whom?

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Waterpolo with Johnny Depp

Hmmm like to play our hobby of reenacting with ...King Henry VIII... I bet they would think we were completely out of our minds for doing what we do!! :lol:

< Cap'n Sterling -- Henry VIII might not think you were that odd. He liked to dress up as Robin Hood, you know. In 1510:

"His Grace, the earles of Essex, Wiltshire and other noble men, to the number of 12, came sodainly in a morning into the Quene's chambre, all appareled in short cotes of Kentish Kendal, with hodes on their heddes, and hosen of the same, every one of them his bowe and arrowes, and a sworde and a bucklar, like outlawes, or Robyn Hodes men, whereof the Quene, the Ladies, and al other, there were abashed as well for the strange sight, as also for their sodain comyng; and after certain daunces and pastimes made, they departed."

From Edward Hall, Hall's Chronicle: The Union of the Two Noble and Illustre Famelies of Lancastre and Yorke, 1548

V Passing the Q farther along -- What game would you like to play, and with whom?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Scrabble with Charles Dickens or Dodge Ball with Queen Victoria...each one would be very entertaining in their own way. :lol:

< really...Really...REALLY want to play hooky today! Lovely out with temps in the mid 70s. I

V What is your perfect 'hooky' day?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ 85*, offshore breeze, a beach chair, a full cooler, and Johnson's "History of the Pirates."

< Thinking about leaving early now.

V If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be and why?

^ Just for the cute factor alone....Kitty/Pussyfoot (Lesser known Warner Brothers character). No matter what peril that sweet little creature encountered, it always seem to miss it completely or pass it by. Life should be so sweet!

< Hmm...(cough, Sniff...) I'm right behind you Captain P.E.W.

V Least favorite thing about summer?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"