^, <, V

Pew

^ Don't have an official "iPod", but MP3 player, yes. Haven't bought songs online in months. At least since before Christmas. Something about having the inside notes for the CD's I guess. Although I rip all my CD's so I can put them on my MP3 player whenever I want.

< Although I love Metal, I listen to almost everything. (Don't tell anyone!)

v The reverse of my last question: Last album you bought for 1 song thinking it would kick ass and you were SORELY disappointed.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ *embarassed to admit it, but* Sprung Monkey. Godawful.

< Closet gangsta rap fan. Kidding. Punx not dead....!

V If you had a band, what would your Band's name be?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ "Alternative" -- which is really a catch-all. My tastes run the gamut from folk to punk.

< Jill, you were a surf band drummer? Hey, why not re-form your band and come play a gig at the Beach Party thread! Or, just make the current line-up of BSPC play surf riffs!

V Is there a type of music that you really don't like?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I can't stand music that's mainly flute-type stuff. Remember the old-school Pan flute weirdo "Zamfir"? Almost wanted to vomit every time those commercials came on. Buddy of mine I used to work with is a white guy who grew up on an Indian Reservation. He plays that Native American flute stuff all the time. Drove me bonkers! Uh....MORE bonkers. <_<

< Man, I LOVE surf music. Guess that's what I get for growing up in SoCal.

v Favorite Surf Music group BESIDES the venerable Beach Boys.

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

^ Jack Johnson, Slightly Stoopid, Tommy Guerrero, Soundtracks: "Step into Liquid", "Sprout"

< Wants to go back to the beach

V Favorite "beach" activity?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ The Beach Boys (Like Matt I'm a SoCal boy). Favorite activity, walkin' on the beach.

< I think Hester needs t' come out o' the sun an sit in the shade. I see Miss Rosy is drinkin' me favorite beer at the beach.

V Wot's yer favorite beer at the beach?

/\ That would be A&W root beer. :P Never could tolerate anything made wi' or tastin' o' rye.

< After readin' this thread i's now of a mind ta go spin the platter loaded wi' Dickey Dale vinyl. UP THE GOLDEN BEAR!

\/ Best current day beach fer beach combin'?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Aye here in the US it would be either Long Beach, NY or Miami beach.

< JAcky I thought it was the beer in the blue an gold bottle? Or do ye drink Coronas at the beach?

V Pass along the Q

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ The best beach... Avalon beach (wot little there be) off the shore o' California.

< Ice chest full o' Coronas when the family is around. I like ales and lagers better. Somebody got me drinkin' Disaronno over ice...

V Do ye hav a favorite liqueur?

^I'd say Pimm's, but technically that's an aperitif, so I'll have to say -- currently -- Blue Curacao.

< I like sweet stuff.

V Passing the Q onwards: favourite liqueur?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ I'll take that as likker if thas alright.... Mixin' wise= Cap'n an' Coke or Sailor Jerry and Lemonade, drinkin wise, three fingers of Angostura 1718 or Jameson

< Summer wheat beer fan. Shiner's Hefeweizen and a slice o' lemon (keeps scurvy away...)

V Pass on the Q...favorite likker (or liquor as the grammatically pompous may spell.... :lol: )

^Aye DiSaronno tops the list these days..followed by Capt Morgan and Cognac..or Grand Mariner..on the lighter side...gin. sigh..so many

< Better if there is someone to swap stories with while imbibing :huh:

V Pass the Q again..

^ So many drinks, so little kidneys....Bilgemunky has a great list of Rums. Just started on a new bottle of SoCo's "special blend".

< Prefers beer to likker, (but likker is quicker)...

V How many times have you sworn never to drink alcohol again?

^Probably 10. Mostly in my youth. And then I was actually practically tee-total for ages. But my stomach seems to have become less queasy in middle age, so I've started up again. (Although I did swear off again very briefly after a nasty experience on St. Paddy's day. [but I think there was some 'flu bug involved too, 'cause some of the symptoms weren't typically hangover-like, and it lasted for days.] Haven't yet braved a Captain Kidd cocktail since then.)

< Never been sick on Corona or Pimm's. Bring 'em on!

V Do you get seasick? Do you get seasicker if you drink on board?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ For emergencies, fine, but don't walk around the grocery store asking the person on the other end what they want for dinner, or talk at the table when at a restaurant - I don't really need to hear about your latest date, your mother's birthday, or little Suzy's missing tooth, or your latest stock deal. Gimme a break! :rolleyes:

< Favorite sipping liquor? I'm in the Disaronno on the rocks fan club - have been since I was in my twenties. Otherwise, wine, or bone-dry gin martinis. Special treat once in a blue moon - Moet Chandon champagne.

V I'll pass the cell phone question on, since I'm sure I'm in the monority concerning the use of those evil little things. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

V Cell phones: necessity or nuisance?

Generally speaking, more nuisance that necessity. There are advantages, such as emergency situations or if one is seperated from others at an event, etc. Beyond that, they seem an excuse to be rude or obnoxious. There was life before the Mobile, after all.

< First weekend that did not involve demands of deadline, commitment or obligation, in over six months.....Ahhhhh, laziness is bliss.

V City chaos or sleepy little towns?

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

^ Somewhere inbetween..sleepy enough to enjoy but close enough to chaos if I'm in the mood..

< Cell phones are good if pirates call ye on em while yer at the gym on the treadmill..lol...makes for a funny conversation..specially to those on the next treadmill who only hear one side..

V Do you iron? or wash an wear?

^Wash & wear! If I buy things that need ironing, they usually only get worn once, then they go out of style while waiting in the ironing pile.

< Sort of learned to dance a French bouree yesterday (but made a real hash of it).

V What are you doing on this lovely Sunday morning?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ Recovering from killing a bottle of rum with my roommate last night.

< As a result of the above, not looking forward to work tonight. Only got 5 hours' sleep w/constant tossing & turning. Will have to try to take a nap later.

v Regular napper?