^, <, V

Pew

^ The stripped out '72 volvo that I learned to drive in. I've seen lots of older vehicles, but never driven them.

< Once sat in a brand spanking new, top of the line Caddie when we borrowed it for a scene in my film. The thing had 5 miles more than the distance to the set on it, it was that new.

V what's the fanciest vehicle you've ever been in?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/\ That would be a private 737BBJ owned by a cruise line heiress. Penguin aire we called it cause we figgered it was never gonna get off the ground. :rolleyes:

<Lookin at wife's dead car in the driveway. Somehow she tore out the motor mounts, which let the engine drop onta the halfshaft wi predictable results.

\/ Deepest repair ye ever did on a motor vehicle?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ My solution to broken mechanical stuff is to turn it off and walk away and hope that it'll fix itself by the time I turn it on again.

< You'd be surprised how often that really does work for computers.

V Can you fix mechanical stuff, or do you just swear & kick it until it works again?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

^ I've never found that kickin' somethin' fixed anything. I suppose it does make one feel better.

< I work wit' computers all day long, an yes resetin' 'em does wonders.

V Anythin' else ye'd like t' reset and hav it start workin'?

^The picture tube on my TV has been slowly dying for about 2 years now. If it blinks out, we give it a thump and it comes back on. (Have to do it about 10 ten times in an evening.) Eventually, I know it's going to die completely (hopefully not in the middle of a new Stargate: Atlantis episode) -- and then we'll get a new large-screen one.

< The TV is about 12 years old. It's the only one my husband and I have ever owned. Before that, we lived for 7 years without one.

V Do you have to immediately fix/replace things that are wearing out, or are you more of a status quo, "use-it-till-it-falls-apart-completely" type of person?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^No, just natural silver streaks amongst the chestnut ringlets -- and a ton of conditioner!

< When the "silver" becomes too overwhelming, I'm gonna go blonde (to match my ditzy temperament).

V Passing the question on...

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^Currently, no - just the usual medium reddish-brown with a wee touch of grey. Occasionally augment the colour when there is an event.

< The grey hairs are very shiny, so I can't wait to go grey; unfortunately, I'll be 70 before I have any appreciable grey hair.

V Passing the question on...

RHJMap.jpg

^ At times..

< Thinking about Ice Cream...

V waffle cone or sugar cone?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^Laura Secord chocolate ice cream in a sugar cone, with the edge dipped in chocolate and rolled in chopped peanuts. And a chocolate truffle on the top!

< Have to leave for the nightclub in two hours, and I still have to have supper yet and change. Hope the bar stocks Corona!

V What are your plans this weekend?

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

^ zzzzzz :o Oh wait!! I have t' work.. :lol:

< HMMM Maybe sprinkles

V Chocolate or multicolor sprinkles?

^ No sprinkles. Thank you, no. (Not meaning to impugn anybody's personal taste. Hey, some people don't even like raw tuna.)

< Meyer lemon juice squeezed slowly over the top of rock-hard vanilla ice cream. (Must be the barest trickle, so the lemon juice freezes a nice rind over the top.) Mmmm, mm!

V Traditional with the desserts, or like to experiment?

^ Always experiment..ye never know what tastes goode on what!

< Sour cream loaf cake, peaches, raspberry preserves and some cool whip..MMMM!!! :lol: mayhaps a sprig o mint!

V Wot's yer creation?

^ Martinelli's float. Like a root beer float, but with Martinelli's sparkling cider and a dash of cinnamon.

< Doesn't get dessert near as often these days, so has to just dream.

V Who's next?

^ ME. You guys spend too much time screwing around about your alcohol.

>Say what now?

V Oh, sorry to interrupt. I'll stand down. NEXT!

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

^ Best dessert yet, 1/2 Guinness, 1/2 Hard Cider

< Likes to screw around with alcohol

V Twofold: Favorite meal of the day, and favorite food for that meal?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

^ Favorite meal dinner. Favorite food at dinner non-breakfast food.

< I don't hav time t' cook breakfast or lunch durin' the week. So dinner includes more pleasin' fare. Pasta, grilled meats, salads, bread and veges.

V Eat in or eat out?

^ Bein' single now, I eat where ever I can get food. Mostly eat in, though. Eating out is WAY too expensive and I always eat too much.

< Waiting to get funds together to start a new "magic" venture.

v What's the last music album you purchased just to get one song that you liked and then you ended up enjoying the entire thing?

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.