^, <, V

Pew

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ My frock coat. It actually turned out better than I thought, considering I used the cheapie, Jack Sparrow Butterick pattern. Using good linen helped, and I lined it as well.

< As for first event, I'm hoping Chain Shot and I can link up with TO7S in June at Villejo (Which means I have to make a coat for Chain Shot between now and then).

V Pass the question on.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ New gray coat.... had it done for RF4... buttonholes are getting better and better

< More proud of what I am able to make for crewe members... I like being able to help when I can. It allows me the chance to give back something for all their hard work.

V pass the question

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

^ not sure since i buy most of my garb

< back in port finally - now to catch up

\/ plans for easter

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

^ Sleep, meet family for Church, ham and baby string beans - Easter cake, nap...in that order :lol:

< Currently searching for pewter buttons

V Planting this spring?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

^ Planting...sure, once the 8 inches of snow melts and temps get beyond the mid 40s!

< Winter weather is a pain, loss of electric power, no computer...phone issues....ICK!!!

V First thing you're gonna do on the first nice day of Spring?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ air out the apartment

< enjoying time with the cabin boys before they have to go back to school monday

\/ seen any good movies lately?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

^ Enchanted - it was a fun movie...besides I wanted to see some of the costumes that Mother Rose worked on.

< Should be sewing 'something' - need to make adjustments to my purple court gown...more shelf is needed!

\/ Passing along the same question.

Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow - I was too young when it was new but after hearing about it here at the pub I went in search and found place selling it.

WHY WON'T Disney bring it back, or maybe even re-do it??

< shshshsh, I'm pirate'n bandwidth while at work.

v who be yer favorite pirate, privateer, or scallywag and why?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

^ Well, Hollywood pyrate would be E. Flynn. Real Pyrate would be Tew. Got to love a pyrate that had enough sense to hide his treasure and move it from place to place. He didn't even trust his own men... ;)

< Oh, Dr. Syn is a wonderful story. I am not sure, but I think England just had a reenactment/holiday regarding him

V Passing on the question.

Member of "The Forsaken"

^ grace o'malley - ranm a ship of 200 men - whilst her castle was in a too vulnerable location - married a guy for his safe castle - got rid of the husband, but kept the castle. to the chagrin of sir bingham, she gets an audience woth elizabeth and with the queen's blessing, dies a free woman in her own bed.

< starts rehearsals on sunday for the midsummer faire in lehighton, pa. in june!

\/ got cabin fever?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

^ Yup! In the worse way, too! I really want a day to go outside and work in the garden, clean up the yard and see something brightly colored popping up from the ground.

> How far in Lehighton, PA from Philly?

\/ What would you rather do - Go to a Ren Faire for the Weekend or Go to 'War' at Cooper's Lake in PA (SCA event) for two weeks?

Member of "The Forsaken"

^ Definitely the war at Cooper's Lake. I much prefer making bangs 'n booms to saying "huzzah" to a woman in a red wig.

< And speaking of cannons, we'll be firing on the Lynx in a couple of weeks - woo hoo!

V Other than an urge to work in the garden, how else does Spring inspire you?

RHJMap.jpg

^ I do get a boost of energy when the weather becomes more agreeable...warmer and sunny. I wake up and go to the gym then start my day off with a better attitude.

< Hmm...I should start doing the gym thing again. This cold weather hasn't been motivating me at all.

V What is your favorite outfit for Spring?

Member of "The Forsaken"

^Ahrrr, that be a tough one. Up till two year ago now me favorite Spring outfit be an RW jumpsuite, goggles, and sandals, and ride to 13,000 feet in any old aircraft that would get me there!

But as me arm still be healing, an' some other adjustments a good trip to the gym myself could fix....I suppose now it be a comfortable pair of jeans, bare feet, and a comfortable chair for ta watch the pretty colors drop from the sky over Lake Elsinore.

<gotta get me head back into the books, test due next week.

V what be yer weapon o' choice and why?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

^ Intelligence, can get you anything and out of anything if used correctly

< Picture day...glad I came in late.... :lol:

V pass the question along

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Pen and paper. Between writing and art, I can destroy anything! :lol:

< Longing for better weather. Had one day of sun last Saturday, worked like a dog in the garden, and now we're back to rain and possibly snow. Sigh.

V Pass the question on.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Ye destructive creature you! Glad yer CBIL's!!! :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Ya got that backwards. He's mine. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

whatever...be my guest....wouldn't want either one of ye...I like my ship in one piece B)

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Weapon of Choice? Poison Ring comes in handy...but I've herd that using sex as a weapon is just as deadly! B)

< Lunch hour cut short due to conference call studies for Human Resources. Damn...I can't win today!

V Pass the question on.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Yeah take it from the expert, she would know... she is deadly.

Crewe of the Archangel

^ Small sword

< beautiful day

V pass the question along

Crewe of the Archangel