Pirate Festival!

LadyBarbossa

Well if it helps, the Archangel crew does period correct camping... so far we don't have any members that would require modern camping.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rats?!?! Tis yo'r Bday that weeked? Well, bloody hell, mate! Glad ya spoke of it! Aye... ::: evil grinz::: we'll get ya what ya deserve. I mean... aye, we'll celebrate with ya... for ya... or whatever. Ya know what I mean. :lol:

I, too, have a Colonial tent.. more Dragoon type tent... but it's a period tent. And I know that Bess and Sea Rover has a fantastic wall tent that we used last year (HUGE kudos to the both of them for that tent!)... and love Pete's wee tent... t'was great. I've some tarps that could be used (At least I hope I still have them) to be used as shade, yes, proper canvas... And a few 18th c items I often use at the reenactments.

I know folks in the NWTA who may come would fancy the idea.

If it's not something possible now.. perhaps in the future. Hey, who knows.. may be larger in the future where it's a true city wide event ( some by the pier, some in various other locations).

If the city sees it getting larger and would like some input... to make this a hell of an 18th c or pirate event... they could - maybe in a couple years - bring in a horse drawn carriage or 2. It's always romantic. Allow pirate weddings. If there is a theater there see if they can do nothing by pirate movies... Restuarants having employees dress up piratical.

Port Washington can promote and encourage businesses to have employees to dress piratical during the weekend. :) There were a couple places that were slightly piratical.

All in all... I don't think there will be much of a trouble for a period camp. Maybe if some want we can have a private contemporary camp, too. I know some folks camped at one of the local grounds and they felt rather lonely.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This I wrote on the other new Port Wash tread... but figured I would post it here, too.

Aye, Crew of the Fool's Gold will return. Lots of ideas being tossed around right now.

And... As I would LOVE to do quite a bit of off the wall, improv and impromptu skits with various members of the Fest. We can chat ahead of time with basic ideas like an arrest, prison break, capture of a pirate for "auction" (Cheeky, I think we started chatting about something of that sort. Still not sure if Toby's gonna make it but would be HILARIOUS if the 2 of us "argue" of Sparrow so to speak after capture of him). Maybe a warning to folks at the docks of possible pirates attempting to take their boats (imagine that! :lol: ) and just as the group of pirates have tied up the folks and are trying to work out how to work a modern boat.. the Militia come in to save the day.

Lots of just off the wall things that we can all do. :huh:

Hehehe.. .maybe a "fight" over Bounding Main... since ship crews VALUE musicians! :huh: Capture... barter... bargain... whatever for musicans.

Maybe a duel at the swordsmanship roped off area in which the person dies and has to be buried or miraculously resurrects due to some Shaman/shamaness or a surgeon.. or some other mystic... or even a Priest...

Pete can give a Pirate's Church sermon on Sunday! :huh:

Ahhh.... what we all can come up with.

I'd like to talk to you guys at RF2 about some general ideas we can do at Port Wash. :) Like the above mentioned.

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I have a big back yard if anyone would be interested in camping there. I am but 20 minutes from Port Washington. Let me know if you are interested. Be advised though, we have a rotweiler that will lick you to death. Let me know if you are interested in camping out in the back yard.

I think Captain Tradewind had the right idea starting the other Port Washington thread - this one's already 12 pages long and we've only just begun to discuss the 2007 event. Could we lock this thread and keep the new developments and questions in a thread specific to this year? Mine is a simple mind, and wading through too many pages gets me awful lost :ph34r:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I think Captain Tradewind had the right idea starting the other Port Washington thread - this one's already 12 pages long and we've only just begun to discuss the 2007 event. Could we lock this thread and keep the new developments and questions in a thread specific to this year? Mine is a simple mind, and wading through too many pages gets me awful lost :ph34r:

Great idea, Bilgemunky! Adeau, and see you all on the new thread!

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com