Pirate Festival!

LadyBarbossa

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol:

I'll see if I can post a couple images under the Gallery. I don't have time to upload a lot of them... I haven't a lot of them. But I will put up a couple. My nephew took all the photos. I think there is a great photographer in our family. ;)

I'll post some images soon enough.

I honestly thought I was NOT going to win, Bess. I know I wasn't entirely piratey in personality... But.. I did my best to be a piratey as my personality allows. Hehehe... granted I knew 2 of the judges on the pannel. :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

as Captain, I suppose I should wax poetic and make everyone swoon with my imagery..

well poop deck on that..

I am so PROUD of my crew, for being so entertaining, friendly, imaginative, feisty, piratey, brilliant, and dare I say... beautiful.

(That purty one, Peaches, really caught me eye.

I mean it literally.. his hook got my eye.. OW! ) :)

I am proud to be part of your crew, and able to meet up with you and have fun...

In celebration of a job well done, I'm opening the keg of rum, the GOOD one.

and Peaches, I have a can of Guinness for you.

thanks to all of the merchants who helped make it better, and who helped us in our mad-cap weekend! The Wilson House and Waiterboy Bob was awesome. I don't know if I would want 8 people in goofy outfits in my classy restaurant, but they pulled it off with finish... WB Bob, you are a treasure...

and to all who want to sign up to join us, and those who did, I am going to have the articles put into the files and you can print them off and then mail them to me signed.... blood is optional, bribes are good.

Cheers!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Peaches, I have a can of Guinness for you.

And I have a fancy new way to open those pesky cans.

... I am going to have the articles put into the files and you can print them off and then mail them to me signed....

Or if folks PM me their addresses, I can print up a few more (what's another thousand, eh?) and send them for-real copies. Enclosing a SASE would be most appreciated.

Three costume contests in as many days, and Lady B and I walked away with Best-Dressed in two categories! I guess we looked rather nice, you think? Of course, I pelted the judges with gold coins, and initiated the audience in a chant to vote for "Number Two! Number Two! Number Two!" Repeating this while a couple other contestants were strutting their stuff didn't hurt my chances. The judge even announced that I won fair and square on the merits of my clothing, before he drove away in his brand new Lexus (honestly -- he announced this to assuage the crowd's fears that the contest might have been fixed -- and included the Lexus comment).

William Red Wake, I promise to post some photos. I have to get them OUT of my camera, ONTO my computer, THEN into my Photobucket account, THEN into the Pub. Takes me a bit o' time, as I am having a bit of technical difficulty with the cropped .jpgs I saved.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

B)

I will NEVER forget that hook of yours, Pete. Poor young lad. But it was hilarious.

Aye... already I have a couple people looking forward to next year and they possibly may want to join our crew. These are adults! Crew be growing, MerryD!

And a grand idea, Pete.. unless MerryD still wants to do Initiations infront of the crew physically. :) I like that idea. Get our shares from the Captain.

We've some awesome pictures floating around.

~Lady B

:lol:

I am going to load one image, to see if this uploads okay, or if it is super-sized.

Anyway, here is the Windy II sailing into Port Washington on Friday afternoon...

** DELETED **

Nope, that was far too large... let's try again...

PortW20.jpg

Ahhh! That one seems to have worked -- here come some more...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Another shot of the Windy II...

PortW21.jpg

But look! The crew includes a bunch of babes! It's good to be a pirate!

PortW27.jpg

Some of the Windy II crew welcoming their newest shipmate: Peaches.

PortW56.jpg

Here's an afternoon shot of the Buccanneer Bash Beer Tent before the crowd arrived:

PortW28.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

The evil Port Washington militia attempting to defend their nasty little town from poor defenseless pirates who never ever hurt anybody...

PortW63.jpg

The trial: Captain Lester Orchitis (Rick Cleveringa) pronounces sentence (hanging!) during proceedings against Rum Davey (David Gregory) and Captain Joe Cotton (Tom Charney)

PortW47.jpg

And I just happen to like how this shot came out...

PortW68.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

What? Did I hear a bunch of complaints that I am not posting enough pictures of Cap'n Pete Straw -- or, better yet, of Peaches? I regret the oversight.

Here, then, for your viewing pleasure, are a few more.

The Windy II makes a nice backdrop:

PortW37.jpg

...What are those lads doing behind that gibbet?

PortW54.jpg

Great for opening cans, towing cars, taking care of that hard-to-reach itch or booger... And you should see the size of the fish you can hook with this thing! (Warning: attracts crocodiles){/I]

PortW53.jpg

Standing next to some pirate I am certain no one will recognize at all...

PeachesCapJack.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Hey Pete, you DO know Jack!

great photos! I'll have some of mine up soon I hope.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Your Calendars! Port Washignton is already planning for next year!

I presume they will not object to my posting their e-mail in its entirety here:

A great big THANK YOU to all you Scallywags that helped make Port Washington Pirate Festival 2006 a success.

We will see you next year! June 1-3, 2007. Planning is already underway.

If you are interested in being a vendor, a performer, a sponsor or a volunteer, please email us at admin@portpiratefestival.com

Port Washington Pirate Festival

June 1-3, 2007

Reenactments ~ Music ~ Merriment ~ Mayhem ~ Marketplace

Port Washington, Wisconsin

www.PortPirateFestival.com

262-284-6652

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

CRAP!

Whatt happened to my Astrolabe avatar? I had that since Day One when I joined the pub! Crap! How DARE the owner of the image remove it from the Internet?

Dammit!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

HAH! Tech Savvy!

I found the image still archived in Google, snap-shotted it onto my computer desktop, and uploaded it into Photobucket, from where I was able to access it again!

I rule!

Now if I can just resurrect that little Maltese cross I was uning in my signature...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

I hope they will update their website this coming week then. It's still the way it looked BEFORE this years event. :lol:

I've not sent in photos yet. Suppose I should.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Having viewed all the pics from yer event, I can truly say that I will not miss it next year!

Did the powers that be allow you no-gooders to camp on site??

That really is the way to go. Especially so you can stagger back.... I mean easily find yer bunk.

Sound and looks like the weather was also in your favor!

Couldn't ask fer more!

Rats

No... alas, we were not allowed to camp on site. Still hoping for a place super closer for us to camp at though. Apparently there is a campsite nearby.

I suppose if we coordinate right... we all could stay at the camp ground.. or if the city is super cooperative in allowing us a place to stay. Granted the hotels are wonderful.. gotta love the pool, hot tub, the breakfast, comfy beds... but.. they are rather pricy.

Aye... the weather was indeed in our favor. Despite late Friday evening.. that was overlooked as just our yearly bath! :ph34r: Just allow Mother Nature t' bathe us. :ph34r:

But it was a fabulous weekend.

I think now that we understand it a bit more.. much more can be done to play on it moreso.

Got lots we can plan for interacting between now and then.

~Lady B

• 4 weeks later...

Lady B got it right -- the weather could not have been more cooperative. It was in teh 70s with a slight cooling breeze off the lake all weekend long.

The only rain was very late on Friday night after all the rabble-rousing had ended. It forced most to get inside and get a good night's sleep, which was needed for Saturday.

We were NOT allowed to camp on site (citing lawyer concerns), but there were many protests... the organizers might listen to us for next year. More pirates (and the local militia "bad guys") might set up more authentic camps if allowed to stay on site. There is a really nice (small) area that could accommodate everyone.

I personally secured a room in the adajcent hotel -- my room overlooked the "reenactment" area. When I turned on the TV for the local morning news channel, I was alarmed to see a live feed of my tent (more of a shebang) which had collapsed overnight. I looked out the window -- sure enough, it was down -- then back to the TV... Where was that shot coming from? It was the same view! (I later learned there was a live TV camera feed hooked up directly above my room. I wish I saw some of the footage that the local news might have aired later that day.)

But I have to admit -- my room was literally a stone's throw away from the action -- the accommodations were great.

Mark your calendars for 2007. This promises to be a lot of fun next year.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

• 1 month later...

Attention.... Dates have been announced for Port Washington 2007!

June 1 to 3, 2007

They have updated the event webpage for next year -- click here for details.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

...and then they sent me an e-mail, saying:

Port Washington Pirate Festival June 1-3, 2007!

We are currently updating our website, but now forms for next year for the Thieves Marketplace, the Gruel Galley, Performer Application and sponsorship are now available for download at www.portpiratefestival.com

Hope you will join us!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

"Hope you join us!"

They have no clue what kind of floodgate they just opened. :ph34r:

Kinda like when you invite a vampire into your house! :ph34r:

Damn good foot work Capn' Pete!

Here's to ya!

Rats!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Kinda like when you invite a vampire into your house! :huh:

Rats

Strange reference there, Rats!

It would be great to do this event (so close to home too)! But we still need to see what we can do...this is the same weekend as Blackbeard Fest in Hampton, VA....and let me tell you, I had a blast there last year!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"