Pirate Festival!

LadyBarbossa

long range weather says its going to be in the 70's, with some wind and possible rain. Bring coats if you have them, and watch out for your hats.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready? Not in th' slightest. Eager an' excited? Hell, yeah!

I should be ready for th' event though by th' time Thursday rolls in. :P

I'm excited t' see ya all! I truly am!

An' eager t' meet new faces.

~Lady B

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Actually, I haven't met any of you, either. Maybe we should have a secret password, like one person says "Don't pinch the barmaid," and the other says "Too hard!" and then they'll know the othger person is a pub member.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Would love t' meet ya, Jack Madd. :)

Hehehe... passwords and secret stuff... makes me feel like I'm in some secret society.

Surprise me, all! How would YOU introduce yerself to the wicked Lady Barbossa? Hmmm? Courtly bow and kiss on th' hands or taken me hostage with a whisper in th' ear? Just... don't be taken off with m' hat. The last person who did that.. they found themselves in prison! :)

Surprise me.

~Lady B

B)

Ready? Hardly.

Still need to repair a chair, sew this new baldric, paint the monster treasure chest, make myself another shirt, and finish antiquing these bloody Articles.

But after work tomorrow, I am taking off Thursday and Friday to make it a four-day weekend.

The forecast I saw called for a chance of rain only on Sunday. But we shall see. The forecast gets more accurate everyday. Say your prayers.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I still have some things to do, but I wanted to remind everyone to take:

sunblock, SWIMSUITS, cameras, extra glasses if needed, proof of health and car insurance, phone chargers, extra meds if needed, at least one warm jacket-shirt, current phone numbers to reach family, clean sox, and some extra bars or cheese for a snack.

Anyone else?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Anyone else?

Yeah, bring plenty of $$$ - I'm hosting a booth in which I'll be selling Bilgemunky Label merchandise (standard T-shirt design in regular and girl cuts, as well as introducing the new RUM LINE! Also offering stickers.) And as a bonus, I'm carrying a range of pirate jewelry from Center Stage Costumes!

I've been promised a rum-raisin icecream cone if I sell out my entire inventory, so help a pirate out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

Yarrr!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I still have some things to do, but I wanted to remind everyone to take:

sunblock, SWIMSUITS, cameras, extra glasses if needed, proof of health and car insurance, phone chargers, extra meds if needed, at least one warm jacket-shirt, current phone numbers to reach family, clean sox, and some extra bars or cheese for a snack.

Anyone else?

Aye, aye, Mom, er, I mean Captain!

Bring digital cameras so we can exchange pictures after the event.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow to pack, as well. We hope to be on the road early Friday morning.

And since I will look EXACTLY like the photo below I should be easy to recognize. Of course, the Pub offers those "Black Spot" buttons -- but does anyone actually own one? I don't.

It's officially Pirate Weekend for me. Tonight, I relax (between refilling ice cube trays). Tomorrow, it is Pirate Work all day long until furniture is built, clothing has been made, and I am all packed and ready to go. Assuming I am all ready by then, my Friday morning agenda is: shower, breakfast, then Port Washington.

I've been promised a rum-raisin icecream cone if I sell out my entire inventory, so help a pirate out!

It might be cheaper for me to purchase that rum-raisin icecream cone for you...

SeaRover, I have the promised texts packed to share with you.

Also suggested to pack: extra batteries for your cameras. They never seem to last long enough.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

:lol:

Currently I am in the middle of finishing up a couple outfits. Wish they were mine, but.. I haven't the time since I was severely ill last week. That cut deeply into my plans to make a couple new waistcoats for Port Washington. Oh, well. Will have to make sure the new outfits will be available for next year.

::Glancing all about and around self:: LOL... oh, what chaos.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

OH! did you all read the latest message from Dean Calin? About Captain Morgan and the Morganettes? ;)

I'm still hoping that Toby is able to go. Tease th' poor lasses out there with Jack Sparrow. Now... who else?... :::Ponders:::

~Lady B

<_<

Aye, it seems the local bar Foxy's will be having Captain Morgan as a special guest friday evening. But don't let that disuade you all from stopping by the buccaneer bash! Foxy's has the Morganettes, but we'll have music from Pirate Jenny, Bounding Main, the Jolly Garogers, etc etc!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Awww... well that's just wrong! ::ponders:: now how in the devil are we pirates suppose to be roving about so swiftly with so much going on?

::le sigh:: Bloody hell! I wanted t' meet ol' Morgan! Could care less about the Morganettes... :lol: I be a Lady, after all. I fancy th' gents. ;)

Too much be happenin' Friday night. ::ponders:: What t' do.. what t' do. We need t' commandeer th' Captain and have him and his lasses swing by. ;) Cause THAT'S where th' party be!

No need to stress, LadyBarbossa - both activities are within easy walking distance of each other. There's nothing that says you can't do both!

I'd tried to get the Captain to attend the Bash, but I must say the Captain Morgan corporation gave me what equated to a cold shoulder. So much for polite phonecalls and emails. If a few of my brethren choose to encourage his participation through a more "forceful" approach, I won't stand in the way :lol:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

;);):lol: Kidnapping the Captain! Now that's funny!

Aww... oh, now that just won't do! The Corp just turned ya down? But they'll be willing to attend a bar? Sad.. truly sad. If they only knew that we pirates be here and supporters of their fine drink.... ::Shakes head:: Perhaps we need a more... direct approach.

~Lady B

;)

I plan to be at teh Bucaneer Bash with a bottle of Captain Morgan in front of me. Enjoy both at the same time, I say.

But seriously, we can take a wander from The Bash over to Foxy's, get an eyeful of Morgan & the 'Ettes, and wander back.

Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Logging off now... Today is Finish All That Pirate Crap Day. The store that sells hat blanks doesn't open for 3 more hours...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Gypsy Rose.. I hope you can make it, since we did look for you.

The Port Washington fest is wonderful.. we rocked and have about 2,000 kids very very happy with being members of the crew.

You have one more chance, Gypsy Rose...

and Bloody Mad Matt... meeting you and your friends was great fun! Glad you could make it and hang out with us pyrites!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

You missed me didn't you. My eldest girl signed up as Jordyn Jabberjaw. I like the tea stained paper. We are going to frame it. I introduced myself as Ron because I was wondering if you all could find me. ;) Now I did find Bilge Munkey, I got to see David Drake and Bounding Main. Boy are those women beautiful. I had a great time there. I have too miss today beacuse I have to goto a birthday party. Now I do want to know when you all are getting together next? I would love to talk more with you all. It was quite busy on Sat.

Just returned home. But I feel as if I just left home -- Boy, I had the greatest time.

It could only have been better if I sailed aboard the Windy II for free and was welcomed as a member of their crew... Or if I got one of Black Sam Flint's hooks for a hand. Or if I won first place in a pirate costume contest.

Oh, Wait... all of those things happened! It was the best weekend ever!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Now that the event is over I don't know if anyone will read this thread. But just in case I would like to say that I had a great time and hope to see you all again soon. I will keep an eye out for other raids. Till the wind changes and blows me back I set sail with the tide.

I do hope people will still read this thread, GR.

Port Washington was a blast and a huge success! At least I thought so. For being it's 2nd year... it was fantastic! So many came to it. The Windy 2 was exciting to watch (still hoping for more ships in the future).

My compliments to Bilgemonkey for the Bash on Friday night.. despite the storm that started to roll in. Huzzah to ya, Bilgemonkey. Hope ya do another one next year! B)

And... yes, I won first place for Best Female Pirate outfit at the Bash. But that wasn't as exciting as when Pete returned from his excursion on the Windy 2. LOL... I can safely state he had a MAJOR Pirate-gasm! :lol:

The weather was perfect the whole weekend. The kids signing articles to be Powder Monkeys and Rigging Rats... wow! That was incredible! I'm with MerryD on this one. I really do believe we had at least 2,000 kids sign those Articles that Pete made. Kudos to ye again, Pete! B)

My sincere compliments to the crew of the Fool's Gold. Everyone just made me proud there. We truly entertained the crowd they loved us. I could tell. We had a great time in return everyone else had a great time.

Those from the NWTA who showed up really had a great time and look forward to returning next year. They had good words for our crew. ;)

To the coordinators and everyone who put the event together... wow... I can't say enough.

It was great to see everyone and to meet a couple new faces. And to try some various forms of grog throughout the weekend. LOL, tis amazing I wasn't drunk! Pete LOVED his hook he bought from Lee. Toby making an appearance as Jack Sparrow.

I can eventually talk about the stories at the event.

But I will save that for another day. ;) For now... I need to rest some more. The weekend was THAT fun... I'm having severe Event Hangover!

I'll tell more stories later. And I'm sure now we've done this we'll have more ideas for the future. ;)

~Lady B

:ph34r:

I second everything Lady B said! It was a wonderful event and the pirate promoters of Port Washington should be very proud. The local businesses (at least the ones I visited) were into the whole thing, and I felt very welcome and appreciated. I look forward to returning next year.

Our own Bilgemunky totally worked his butt off for this event. The dubloon give-away was a brilliant idea (it worked particularily well with our bit) and the Bash was tons of fun. I hope you include both those things next year.

And does everyone realize that the crew of The Fool's Gold boasts the Best Dressed Pirate in both the male and female catagories (Pete Straw and Lady Barbossa)? Awesome!

Bottom line: best re-enactment event of my pirate career (so far). :)