Pirate Festival!

LadyBarbossa

Mr Straw.. under no circumstances will you use any force to win that contest.. no swords, no guns, no daggers, no cannon..

especially no cannon.

Its leaves marks on the fine clothes.

Did I mention no donkeys, no gunpowder, no powder monkeys..

(Lady B.. did I leave anything out?)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Nay th' good ship windy.. nor Miss Purdy Pinker or any other wench to be bashin' heads in with...

:lol: Generally e'erythin' that says "pirate" all o'er it, Pete.

Sorry, mate. I know.. I'd LOVE t' be there to see it. Hell... I'd propably be fightin' along side ya! What pirate doesn't like swashbucklin'?

But... no blood lettin', mate. I know... I'd love to see that or join ya. A pity really.

Lookin' forward to th' contest though. Though... who says this be costumes fo' us! For all we knows... it's our e'eryday clothes.. lest we be wearin' our good "sunday" clothin' to th' contest. :)

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Do not underestimate the power of my force.

...So, did you all notice that there is an $8 cover charge for the Friday night Buccaneer's Bash? And that's only if you are in costume! It's $10 otherwise.... LadyB, ye may want to try to convince them that yer actually in "costume," otherwise ye need to fork over more money.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Fork over th' gold? Oh, come now, Pete... We be pirates! We don't give.. WE TAKE! :huh::lol: :) :huh:

Bu' can ye imagine th' looks on their faces when we attempt t' tell 'em that this be our e'eryday attire and that we'll be a'takin' their swag!

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

I have some interesting ideas for the fest.. including some that I hope will become FG favorites. I like the idea that we can become a traveling crew to fests and share the fun!

BTW, I hope to help Searover with the site, someone is sending me a webpage program that rocks!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Ahhh... brilliant, Red Bess. Thank ye! :)

~Lady B

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

As I am planning to go to this event for all of the days I would like to meet up with you all. Would you consider letting join the crew for these days? I am new to the Pirate stuff but I am willing to let loose and have fun. I will await an answer. You know where to find me.

Gypsy Rose -- will look forward to meeting ye! The more hands the better -- we need help with all these tangled ropes on board ship -- do ye know how to untie knots? <_<

I presume you will get a favorable response from our Captain forthwith...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Dangit - I'd set this thread to track, but something must have glitched out. Now I find out all sorts of chatting has been going on and I've been missing it!

arrr....

The costume contest will have categories, by age if nothing else. But more importantly the Buccaneer's Bash will have a costume contest of its own, and that's a 21+ event. Judges will be local "somebodies" - chief of police and such. I'm *hoping* for a secret celebrity judge, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Yar.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

21+ Bash, huh? Well, unfortunately that leaves the 3 lads out. :(

Welp, Bess... what shall we do with those young lads? I know th' meeting for the Sat battle is at 7pm that night, too.

Well, I was hoping I would have my new crimson outfit done in time... but I won't... unfortunately. Some complications popped up. ::le sigh:: Kinda bummed. Oh, well.

Unfortunately, Bilgemonkey, I wasn't able to bring up those PDF files. Haven't a clue why. I have Adobe to view it. I think there is just too much on those files for it to be brought up properly. Unless I'm the only one to have that trouble.. which I shouldn't... I have a new computer. ::Grumbles:: Well, suppose to be new.. it's been giving me issues up the wazzoo!

2 weeks away, all! Only 2 weeks away! Scarey, isn't it?

~Lady B

:(

Unfortunately, Bilgemonkey, I wasn't able to bring up those PDF files. Haven't a clue why. I have Adobe to view it. I think there is just too much on those files for it to be brought up properly. Unless I'm the only one to have that trouble.. which I shouldn't... I have a new computer. ::Grumbles:: Well, suppose to be new.. it's been giving me issues up the wazzoo!

~Lady B

B)

LadyB -- I think I have copies of all the files. Tell me what you are missing. I can fax them to you (if you have a number) of can send you copies via regular old U.S. Post. If we move fast, you will get them in plenty of time.

PM me if you think it'll be faster.

2 weeks away, all! Only 2 weeks away! Scarey, isn't it?

Rather invigorating.

Last night I finished the Cleark's desk. With that and the table, we are all set to display/sign/etc. the Ship's articles. No I have to finish antiquing the documents.

Bilgemunkey wrote...

...more importantly the Buccaneer's Bash will have a costume contest of its own, and that's a 21+ event. Judges will be local "somebodies" - chief of police and such. I'm *hoping* for a secret celebrity judge, but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Hah! Then that will be the contest for me!

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Lady B, I'm sure we can work out something to keep the lads safe and entertained Friday evening. We don't want to miss out on all the fun.

As far as costumes go, I have the exact same bodice and skirt as last year (see picture below) but I do have new hat. I've got my eye on a skirt and bodice from Odd Bodkins, but we felt footwear for the powder monkeys was the finanical priority this season (alas, no cleavage for Port Washington B) ) Daniel has a very nice new pair of boots and Andre has new buckle shoes. We had a family "fashion show" the other night with garb and weapons, and I think we are ready to roll.

2 weeks and counting! WoooHoooo! ;)

Pete, I wouldn't worry -- the other lovely lasses in our crew have "proper" bodices! <_<

Oh, heavens, I didn't mean just yours...

It was your "alas, no cleavage for Port Washington" statement that sounded so final, it terrified me so. I am still shaking in me buckly shoes. The beer is sloshing out of me tankard, I am trembling so hard.

So, you're telling me that there will be at least some cleavage at Port Washington? Very well, then, I change my mind again. I am going.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

thank you, Pete, for going.. I'm not sure what I would do without your sane approach to chaos. I'll have some cleavage to show. I have a dress that I am wearing to the bash if we get there in time. Not quite period but I love the velvet.

Bess, not sure of your budget, but oddbodkin has about 10 bodices on ebay for $50 and less, custom made to fit you. I wouldnt get the brigantine one but the others are great quality and price.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Pete, I wouldn't worry -- the other lovely lasses in our crew have "proper" bodices!  ;)

Oh, heavens, I didn't mean just yours...

It was your "alas, no cleavage for Port Washington" statement that sounded so final, it terrified me so. I am still shaking in me buckly shoes. The beer is sloshing out of me tankard, I am trembling so hard.

So, you're telling me that there will be at least some cleavage at Port Washington? Very well, then, I change my mind again. I am going.

<_<:lol::lol:

Sorry I got everyone so far off topic. I swear, you boys just search on words like "cleavage" and don't even see it in context. Anyway, I'll take my search for a new bodice to another thread.

Port Washington -- plenty of cleavage, form-fitting breeches --something for everyone!! :P:P

What? Oh, sorry, I wassn't paying attention... I was too busy over here on Google searching for words like "cleavage"

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

not really faire since Pete will be afore us..and Bilgemonky too....

but fer fun it is... slainte.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Actually, if we're to identify Gypsy, I think we need clues. I dont' what to have to walk up to everone in sight asking, "are you gypsy rose? Are you gypsy rose? are you? are you?..."

Nope, that just won't do.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Hey I got a good game for you all. As this is my first gathering why don't we see who the first one is that can identify me?

Sounds fun. I did the same think at Oshkosh, but gave it away by wearing a shite-eating grin while staring at Merrydeath from point-blank range. Of course, I was the only unidentified pirate who was unaccounted for.

How does that grab you? Of course I will need to think of a prize.

Er, I think you answered your own question. You have to "grab" the person who identifies you. Sounds like a fine prize to me.

I dont' what to have to walk up to everone in sight asking, "are you gypsy rose? Are you gypsy rose? are you? are you?..."

Actually, I have already started. I have been asking everyone all morning if they are Gypsy Rose. But, since I have not yet left the house, the Missus and the kids are getting rather impatient with me.

not really faire since Pete will be afore us..and Bilgemonky too....

Sounda like SeaRover and Red Bess will get there at a good time, too. I told you I am trying to get there early. Time will tell whether I succeed or not. . There is still a lot to do, and I may have to finish some of it that morning. Still no idea how all this pirate gear is going to fit into my new car (which is a wagon/SUV -- I no longer have the galleon-sized minivan).

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg