Pirate Festival!

LadyBarbossa

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main drawback is that's also Morgan's B-day. I might be able to pull fri sat and sunday??? But more than that????

Rats!

Well...this is still up to vote...as far as Morgan's B-Day...what says Birthday like having a Pyrate themed Party??!?! If we elect to go to Port Washington, you could bring the family along....

(see, I'm thinking here!!!! ;) )

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

(see, I'm thinking here!!!! ;) )

About time!!! ;) Sorry, couldn't resist

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to add. It's just that I am at the point of prepping for this event, and thought I would renew this thread for quick ease of reference...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Was just there to the site a couple nights ago.

New layout and look. A little bland at the moment but not bad. Obviously they are working on some things.

But I am looking forward to Port Washington. :)

I'm STILL hoping they get a better looking Pirate ship in besides the Windy or Windy 2. Granted it's a nice schooner. But one ship is not enough. ....... :blink: Ahhh... wow, that felt almost close to a certain Davy Jones line.

Anyway. I know that there are some nice Tall Ships on the Lakes and a couple not all that far from Port Washington. I pray they are able to make it to add to the atmosphere. Especially something for us pirates to enjoy instead of watching the ship sail in and out wishing we were on it.

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...
Was just there to the site a couple nights ago.

New layout and look. A little bland at the moment but not bad. Obviously they are working on some things.

But I am looking forward to Port Washington. :)

I'm STILL hoping they get a better looking Pirate ship in besides the Windy or Windy 2. Granted it's a nice schooner. But one ship is not enough.  .......  B)   Ahhh... wow, that felt almost close to a certain Davy Jones line.

Anyway. I know that there are some nice Tall Ships on the Lakes and a couple not all that far from Port Washington. I pray they are able to make it to add to the atmosphere. Especially something for us pirates to enjoy instead of watching the ship sail in and out wishing we were on it.

~Lady B

B)

Yes, the site is a bit plain now, but will be updated with all of the good information and news for 2007.

For shame, Lady, the Windy II is not a schooner, but a briganteen. :) And the fact is, of the tall ships that are in reasonable distance, most of them are schooners (Denis Sullivan, Red Witch, Friends Good Will, Windy) and the Windy II, for the fees one must pay for engaging such a vessel, gives us the most bang for our doubloon. That said, we've not set anything in stone, ship-wise, so we'll see what we see and will announce it on the web site.

You said, "Especially something for us pirates to enjoy instead of watching the ship sail in and out wishing we were on it." I'm not sure what you're saying here, my friend. Are you wanting deck tours, a show on the ship, photo opportunities? Whichever ship we bring in will be engaged in regular cruises because they go a long way to paying for the event. Remember that unlike most events of this kind, admission is free, and has to pay for itself through the vendor fees, cruises and other special events.

Speaking of special events, the very well received Pirate Invasion will become a two-day scenario in 2007. The response was so overwhelming this year that we'll be adding a second half to the story in addition to the parade through town on Sunday.

And I want to publicly say that the Fools' Gold crew did the most remarkable job at the show this year. The producer was dumbfounded that you GAVE away the pirate certificates the the HUNDREDS of junior pirates that came to the show. You were all brilliantly in character, mixed wonderfully with the visitors and the other reenactors and were of great assistance in the Pirate Invasion. I wish we could have six more groups just like yours in 2007!

Yours in "Aaarh!"

Dean Calin

Entertainment Director

Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

www.portpiratefestival.com

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Thank ye most kindly for the praise, Mr Calin. We greatly appreciate it. And are working on more to get the public involved and interacting with the Crew.

I'm looking forward to the 2 day scenario.

I'm presuming this will be more like a weekend long Live Action Role Play? I'd like to see a bit more interaction and drama myself. Not just with the main characters of the skirt... but with the other pirates out there. If so.. how's about a place for the re-enactors (pirates, militia, etc) to have duels and swordfights.

I'm more open to have a LARP... have more interaction between crews and Militia. Miniskits all weekend really that are improv and some planned out. I'm always up for a little improv skit now and then. B) Arrested by th' Militia for treason or piracy... the treason part can go well since I'm in the NWTA with the Militia... I could have abandoned my posts in order to become a pirate. Hehehe.. I can talk to Rob about that.

Hmm... the Windy 2 a Brigantine? Hmm.. interesting. Didn't see the square sails. She's easily mistaken for a schooner.

Perhaps one sail for us pirates... a private sail? I don't expect dinner aboard her or anything much.. but to be "out at sea" would give a great photo op for the crews.

~Lady B

B)

There was a Pirate Cruise, Lady B, but it went out before the Pirate Invasion, and its return was when the Windy II returned fire with its cannons - it was designed to get the audience involved in the scenario.

Shame on us for not getting the word out better, and probably not the best time to have the ONLY Pirate Cruise, in retrospect.

I'll talk to Kim about having a "Pirate-Only" cruise scheduled, perhaps Friday Night, as Saturday night is the Dinner Cruise, where we'll get more attendance from guests. Otherwise it is a great idea!

Dean Calin

Entertainment Director

Port Washington Pirate Festival 2007

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Captain Jake and Lady B....

There are a few of the Archangel crew that live within a few hours of Port Washington, (heck, I'm less than 40 mins way myself). We have a few crewe members who live in both Wisconsin and IL.

If we can coordinated our event schedule with the rest of our crew members, I am sure we would love to participate in the Port Washington 2007 event. What say you good people?

Member of "The Forsaken"

I'll talk to Kim about having a "Pirate-Only" cruise scheduled, perhaps Friday Night, as Saturday night is the Dinner Cruise, where we'll get more attendance from guests.  Otherwise it is a great idea!

CaptainJake,

If I may, I've worked serveral events (fund raisers and such) and have done my share of ren faire dinners and dinner theater in the past. With the pyrates being one of the main elements of this event, why not consider the following:

Dinner with a handful of pyrates?

People truly enjoyed interaction with 'characters'. It gives them a chance to ask questions and walk away from the event with a happy memory.

Something to consider...just an idea...

Lilly McKinney

aka Cheeky Actress

Archangel Crewe

Member of "The Forsaken"

I'll talk to Kim about having a "Pirate-Only" cruise scheduled, perhaps Friday Night, as Saturday night is the Dinner Cruise, where we'll get more attendance from guests.  Otherwise it is a great idea!

CaptainJake,

If I may, I've worked serveral events (fund raisers and such) and have done my share of ren faire dinners and dinner theater in the past. With the pyrates being one of the main elements of this event, why not consider the following:

People truly enjoyed interaction with 'characters'. It gives them a chance to ask questions and walk away from the event with a happy memory.

Something to consider...just an idea...

Lilly McKinney

aka Cheeky Actress

Archangel Crewe

Lilly, this is a great idea - and one on which we're already working. The town restaurants were just insane with joy that they had so much business all weekend they had to turn people away. It was our thought that we would have "dinner with the pyrates" and have "tall tale" contests during the meal for color and excitement.

We would LOVE to have more groups and more individuals participate with us for this event. We were able to do a lot with the small committee that we had, but we could do so much for the festival and the town of Port Washington by getting really organized on a reenactor level and making this event shine.

It has been so great seeing the wonderful ideas and enthusiasm for this event, and I can tell you that seven months is a short time to get a lot done in preparation.

Please know that we'll call on you to find out your level of involvement and your intentions for activities. Thank you all so much.

Dean Calin

Port Washington Pirate Festival

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

M'dear... would be an utter delight to meet you face to face! I look forward to meeting others from the Archangel... and meeting Rats again.. this time knowing who he is BEFORE the event is over! :lol:

And aye... dinner with pirates would be fantastic!

I'm trying to convince Toby to make it up again for Port Washington in '07. I know, most of you are sick of seeing Jack Sparrow's all over the place... but, Pete can attest that Toby is awesome! I've not seen a better Jack Sparrow other than the one by Johnny Depp.

Greatly looking forward to Port Washington '07! :)

~Lady B

:lol:

Dinner with a few pyrates would work but I'm thinking one of Mr. March's pcs would work even better... not only do pirates that volunteer get fed... :lol: but it allows more particpation by the community and is great advertising for the event...

So would the Pirate Fest want a hanging?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Dinner with a few pyrates would work but I'm thinking one of Mr. March's pcs would work even better... not only do pirates that volunteer get fed... :lol: but it allows more particpation by the community and is great advertising for the event...

Please explain, "Mr. March's pcs." Captain? I am not sure what you are asking.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Dinner with a few pyrates would work but I'm thinking one of Mr. March's pcs would work even better...  not only do pirates that volunteer get fed... :lol: but it allows more particpation by the community and is great advertising for the event...

Please explain, "Mr. March's pcs." Captain? I am not sure what you are asking.

I'm not asking anything regarding the pcs.. I'm stating a suggestion...

Crewe of the Archangel

M'dear... would be an utter delight to meet you face to face! I look forward to meeting others from the Archangel... and meeting Rats again.. this time knowing who he is BEFORE the event is over! :lol:

And aye... dinner with pirates would be fantastic!

I'm trying to convince Toby to make it up again for Port Washington in '07. I know, most of you are sick of seeing Jack Sparrow's all over the place... but, Pete can attest that Toby is awesome! I've not seen a better Jack Sparrow other than the one by Johnny Depp.

Greatly looking forward to Port Washington '07! :)

~Lady B

:lol:

Well, I must admit that the idea of meeting up with all of you would be a great delight.

Cap'n Pete has spoken highly of you all and it would be fun to 'interact' between the groups.

Rats can be a handful, LadyB...(do you really know what you are getting yourself into?"

CaptainJake, if you have any further questions and interests regarding the Archangel crewe, please contact Captain Sterling (via this chat site) for any additional information regarding our group.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Oooooo!!!!

I think a hanging would be fantastic, Sterling!

So much that can be done at Port Washington. Granted the docks where the vessel makes berth is rather small... But again, perhaps in future years... more ships. :huh: And of course, more pirates! Can never be enough pirates!

Cheeky, m'dear... I have NO clue what I am getting into when it comes to Rats... but, I'll attempt to be fully prepared and amazed. :huh:

Besides.... I feel that it's necessary to make up the missed encounter from Ushers Ferry. :huh:

Hell... you an' I could attempt something at Port Washington. I'm always game for something. :huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

Cheeky, m'dear... I have NO clue what I am getting into when it comes to Rats... but, I'll attempt to be fully prepared and amazed. :huh:

Okay...but you asked for it!

Besides.... I feel that it's necessary to make up the missed encounter from Ushers Ferry. :huh:

You were at Ushers Ferry in Cedar Rapids, IA...When ?!?!"

Hell... you an' I could attempt something at Port Washington. I'm always game for something. :huh:

Wicked Grin...."I'm game if you are, Luv?! We will have to plan something delectably wonderful...perhaps something with Guinness involved with it?!"

Member of "The Forsaken"

Wicked Grin...."I'm game if you are, Luv?! We will have to plan something delectably wonderful...perhaps something with Guinness involved with it?!"

Hmm, is this for the public or a private showing?!?! :huh::huh::huh:

Crewe of the Archangel

Cheeky, m'dear... I have NO clue what I am getting into when it comes to Rats... but, I'll attempt to be fully prepared and amazed. 

Okay...but you asked for it!

:ph34r:

I'm sure I'll survive.

Besides.... I feel that it's necessary to make up the missed encounter from Ushers Ferry. 

You were at Ushers Ferry in Cedar Rapids, IA...When ?!?!"

I live in Cedar Rapids, not but 5 minutes from Ushers Ferry. I live along Edgewood Rd near th' river. :)

I was at the last Usher's Ferry Civ War re-enactment in Sept. A lass with the 1st WI is a first year at the Kirkwood equine program... make a deal that I would go to her Civ War event if she would go to my Rev War event. :)

Hell... you an' I could attempt something at Port Washington. I'm always game for something. 

:ph34r:;) If the locals continue to hand out grog... we won't have to worry about guiness! :ph34r:

I say we go for it. ;)

And... if Toby shows up... I've something in mind that you may fancy. ;)

Pete, I'll need to borrow your shackles. :)

Hmm, is this for the public or a private showing?!?! 

Sterling... it can be whatever you want it to be, mate! :)

But... seeing as this might more go into the public showing section.

But if you need your fair share of catfights... I'm up for a catfight is Cheeky is. :ph34r::huh:

~Lady B

My goal of having a gallows with Capt. Cotton being fitted with a noose and then rescued was nixed by the producer of the show for the 2006 event. I was able to have Capt. Orchitis threaten it, but we could not show it. "he who pays the piper calls the tune," and the tune did not include a hanging.

Sorry, mates.

Dean Calin

Port Washington Pirate Festival

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Sterling... it can be whatever you want it to be, mate! :)

But... seeing as this might more go into the public showing section. But if you need your fair share of catfights... I'm up for a catfight is Cheeky is. :huh::huh:

~Lady B

:huh:

Right then....

How are you with prat-falls dear?

Member of "The Forsaken"

Lilly, this is a great idea - and one on which we're already working.  The town restaurants were just insane with joy that they had so much business all weekend they had to turn people away.  It was our thought that we would have "dinner with the pyrates" and have "tall tale" contests during the meal for color and excitement

Last year, the crew of the Fool's Gold all went out to dinner at one of the local restaurants. They set up a long table in the middle of the room to seat us all, and I must admit we offered a bit of entertainment to our fellow diners in spite of ourselves. It would be more fun if others were actually EXPECTING us to entertain, and my crewmates might not keep trying to shush me up!

Pete, I'll need to borrow your shackles.  I am Evil.

I now have three pairs, and a set of leg irons. But I keep all the keys.

Cheeky, m'dear... I have NO clue what I am getting into when it comes to Rats... but, I'll attempt to be fully prepared and amazed

Better bring extra aspirin.

Perhaps it is hard for me to be objective, but having both Rats and me around at the same time ... I fear the only thing I can compare it to is like having two of me around. You. Have. Been. Warned.

And I want to publicly say that the Fools' Gold crew did the most remarkable job at the show this year. The producer was dumbfounded that you GAVE away the pirate certificates the the HUNDREDS of junior pirates that came to the show. You were all brilliantly in character, mixed wonderfully with the visitors and the other reenactors and were of great assistance in the Pirate Invasion. I wish we could have six more groups just like yours in 2007!

Hey! FG Crew! See? Are you reading this? This is what I am all on about. Granted it was a lot of work, but I know we pleased every single kid who signed up... but here is the long-awaited public acknowledgement that we also impressed the organizers. Expand our role if we must, but what we did wasn't broken, so there seems little need in fixing it.

And to bring some of our ship's private business out into the open, I repeat that we should consider offering additional (three instead of two?) signing stations to manage the crowd and better meet the public demand (Argh! I need to print more of these blasted Articles!). And if we feel our "bit" is a little demanding on our limited personnel (despite our undoubtedly being the single largest pirate crew ever, what with the hundreds of new recruits we signed up last year!), I would be willing to bet that certain members from other crews would be willing to "Guest Star" one of our watches, if we were willing to extend the invitation. But that's a crew decision.

But if you need your fair share of catfights... I'm up for a catfight is Cheeky is.

Remember, they were looking for choreographed hand-to-hand fighting between pirates and locals during the Invasion.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Last year, the crew of the Fool's Gold all went out to dinner at one of the local restaurants. They set up a long table in the middle of the room to seat us all, and I must admit we offered a bit of entertainment to our fellow diners in spite of ourselves. It would be more fun if others were actually EXPECTING us to entertain, and my crewmates might not keep trying to shush me up!

Shush you up?

Pete... it was virtually impossible! Hell, I was more than willing to join in on the wildness. Wasn't that place suppose to be up-scale? :ph34r:

I now have three pairs, and a set of leg irons. But I keep all the keys.

Well... if it includes Jack in shackles - again - Cheeky an' I just may be fighting over the keys... Course... I just may be Jack's savior to keep him away from all the fangirls! :ph34r:

Better bring extra aspirin.

Perhaps it is hard for me to be objective, but having both Rats and me around at the same time ... I fear the only thing I can compare it to is like having two of me around. You. Have. Been. Warned.

Two of you?

What sheer delight!

Pete.. yer talkin' to th' Lady B here! MerryD can attest to having to restrain me often! Twisted mind have I. The latter name of Barbossa is not just something just added on. :::Evil grinz:::

Again ... I say BRING IT ON!!!

Hey! FG Crew! See? Are you reading this? This is what I am all on about. Granted it was a lot of work, but I know we pleased every single kid who signed up... but here is the long-awaited public acknowledgement that we also impressed the organizers. Expand our role if we must, but what we did wasn't broken, so there seems little need in fixing it.

And to bring some of our ship's private business out into the open, I repeat that we should consider offering additional (three instead of two?) signing stations to manage the crowd and better meet the public demand (Argh! I need to print more of these blasted Articles!). And if we feel our "bit" is a little demanding on our limited personnel (despite our undoubtedly being the single largest pirate crew ever, what with the hundreds of new recruits we signed up last year!), I would be willing to bet that certain members from other crews would be willing to "Guest Star" one of our watches, if we were willing to extend the invitation. But that's a crew decision.

Aye, Pete! Made me smile viciously with excitement!

I am SO looking forward to '07.

And perhaps not just guest stars from other crews.. but guest stars! As I mentioned with that voice ya did... of Long John Silver... that's a thought. :ph34r:

Maybe Toby would enjoy a moment of signing wee twirps aboard the Fool's Gold. LOL... the kids could be a part of the "100 souls" Jack needs to give to Davy Jones! LOL...

Perhaps other surprise "guests".

Remember, they were looking for choreographed hand-to-hand fighting between pirates and locals during the Invasion.

Aye... and if it will be 2 days instead of one... I'm game! Depending upon the scenario that is.

I should email Rob, too, and see if there's something he's willing to do... or anyone on the NWTA that is that will be attending Port Washington.

~Lady B