Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If technology is supposed to be this great thing, this thing that is supposed to help relieve mankind of some his burdens, why is it that we still have janitors cleaning bathrooms, and guys driving around in trucks picking up trash?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Remember that cartoon where Daffy Duck is selling the push-button home of the future to Elmer Fudd and the ingenious devices end up jacking his house way into the air? That's why.

"For a small fee, I can install this little blue button to get you back down." -Daffy Duck

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mad Magazine and Warner Brothers Cartoons had a major impact on my formulative years. (I think that explains a lot.)

"No, no, no, no! Not the wed one! Don't ever push the wed one!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Captain Winslow, this site has a whole forum devoted to the Key West Pirates festival. Check it out here.

I was there once (2001 I think), but I missed the bulk of the festivities. I got a nice Key West Pirate Festival 2001 cap - which I lost in the outback in Australia. Easy come, easy go. I bought an outback redback spider cap to replace it. (I'm not being very helpful here, am I?)

Who doesn't like Jimmy Buffett? If you think you don't like him, you've got to go to one of his shows; you will instantly start liking him, I think.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here's a photo of me in my spider cap on a dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef looking extraordinarily stupid:

Mark%20Scuba%20Boat%20small.jpg

(I'm doing "fan hands" which was a running scuba joke invented by three idiots on the trip. B) )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Daffy (pushing button): "In the house of the future, we don't go upstairs. We bring the upstairs down to us!"

Elmer (to the sound of much crunching): "But what happens to the downstairs?"

Yeah, I always liked that one.

I'm wishing I had my dvd of Looney Tunes at work now thanks to you gents.

My favorites are Transylvania 6-5000, Robin Hood Daffy, Rhapsody Rabbit, and any of the Pepe Le Pew cartoons.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Mad Magazine and Warner Brothers Cartoons had a major impact on my formulative years. (I think that explains a lot.)

"No, no, no, no! Not the wed one! Don't ever push the wed one!"

Yep, same here. I still have my copy of "A Mad Star Trek Musical" laying about somewhere.

My Home on the Web

The ultimate Bugs Bunny cartoon (for me) is The Rabbit of Seville where Bugs and Elmer joust (physically, musically and otherwise) over the Barber of Seville set. "Yes, you're next! You'rrrre so next!" Sure, What's Opera, Doc? is a Classic and all, but for sheer comedy, you can't beat Rabbit of Seville.

Second is Bully for Bugs where Bugs, having missed the left turn at Albuquerque, takes on one of his largest (and dumbest) foes. "What an imbezel! What an ultramaroon!" Eddie Selzer (head of the cartoon studio at the time) upon seeing a sketch of a bull on Jones desk told Jones and writer Michael Maltese something like, "No cartoons about bull fights! There's nothing funny about bull fights!" Of course, this lead Jones and Maltese to create this hilarious cartoon.

B)

Chuck Jones is one of my all-time favoritist heroes. B)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hehehehe... I've got my ipod. It has a few B Bunny tunes to keep me happy.

B)

I have two tunes on my Ipod, which is unfortunately at home charging right now:

Attsamattaforyou and the Fuedin Redneck Dance (I forget which cartoon that's from)

Looney Tunes is the best...Disney's a close second for me in the cartoon arena.

"Cannnn't you see that...I'm...much...sweet-er?

Youuuuuuuu are my type of guyyyyyyy. Let me straighten your tie and...I...shall dance...for you."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I have two tunes on my Ipod, which is unfortunately at home charging right now:

and the Fuedin Redneck Dance (I forget which cartoon that's from)

If you scroll back through the "what are you listening to now" thread you'll find me quoting that whole bit while I was listening to it on my ipod! B)

My Home on the Web

*Sigh* I really want an iPod. I could put all my movie scores on it and torture people by playing them through my car stereo using that broadcasting attachment.

Mission_banner5.JPG

"Cannnn't you see that...I'm...much...sweet-er?

Youuuuuuuu are my type of guyyyyyyy. Let me straighten your tie and...I...shall dance...for you."

OOO wait! You missed a bit. It's...

"Can't you see that I'm much sweee-tah?

I'm, yer little sen-yer-itah!" B)

My Home on the Web

Sophia, you do realize that many of the WB cartoons were specifically making fun of Disney's dopier entries?

Chee! I did forget that bit, John. I guess I'll have to watch it another hundred times until I get it right. B)

Mission_banner5.JPG

*Sigh* I really want an iPod. I could put all my movie scores on it and torture people by playing them through my car stereo using that broadcasting attachment.

Yeah, I have one of those. It's cool. But I really want the voice recorder attachment. I get my best thoughts while driving, and I don't think it wise to try writing them down while driving.

My Home on the Web

B) <--- what does this mean?

You know, I've been meaning to bring that up. What does that mean? (Even chaos theory can't explain it.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sophia, you do realize that many of the WB cartoons were specifically making fun of Disney's dopier entries?

Chee! I did forget that bit, John. I guess I'll have to watch it another hundred times until I get it right. B)

Yep, I do realize that Mission. And I enjoy the poking fun that ensues.

Um...is that a panting pirate? I wonder what he's doing (though do we really want to know?)...

Um...is that a panting pirate? I wonder what he's doing (though do we really want to know?)...

Oops! Inside joke (sort of).

It's all explained in this thread.

Mission_banner5.JPG