Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and one of those drug sniffing dogs tore open someones locker because there was a POP TART in it. seriously ripped this kids stuff to bits. they gave him stickers to make up for it.

:unsure: Those must have been some stickers!

Ok, random thought. I hate the background colors on this site. I am sitting here post-eye doctor, my pupils as big as saucers trying to read the site. I have to highlight everything to see it. Who picked dark brown and tan for black text?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The brown and black are ok to my funky eyes. The bit that bother me is the dark red in the black above - especially the little bitty type just below the Pub Black Spot pin. I can barely see it.

Oh, and I love the smell of tar in the evening too! (They repaved the court in front of my house and the whole thing smells of creosote. Mmmm.)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Quiche.

So I was vainly trying to find the quote where Bugs Bunny says, "Nah. Too obvious." when Wile E. Coyote is talking about his plans to get Bugs so I could use it on the Sergeant Hulka thing in the movie quotes game thread. (Following all this so far?) And I couldn't find it because it doesn't exist! As I searched through the on-line crapola and my own, personal cache of quotes I have saved in Word format, it came to me that he used that line in Little Red Riding Rabbit with the hilariously obnoxious Red Riding Hood teen.

"Hey Grandma! That's an awfully big nose for you. Ta' have!"

In that one, Bugs is trying to help the wolf hide in all these absurd places and he says, "Nah. Too obvious." to himself. Which isn't nearly as funny as the Wile E. Coyote gag, which goes like this:

Coyote: "What if I lured him into a rock crusher?"

Bugs: "Too complicated."

Coyote: "What if I built a Burmese tiger trap?"

Bugs: "Too much detail!"

Coyote: "Yes. Too much detail."

:lol:

This led to me finding a whole bunch of Wile E./Bugs lines, which I am posting here for future reference:

"Daddy! You're back from Peru. We thought you'd been run over by an elevator."

Wile E. pushes Bugs away, rejecting his "son."

"Boo hoo. Oh, boo the hoo. I've been rejected by my onlyest father."

"Wile E. Coyote. Super genius. I like the sound of that! Wile E. Coyote. Suuuperrr Geeenius."

Coyote, typing: "Rock. Falling. What'll. I. Do. ?"

Computer response: "Go back and take your medicine."

Bugs: "Are you in, genius? Are you in, capable? In solent? In possible?"

B) Oh God, I love that one in particular.

Bugs: "So what are you having for lunch?"

Coyote: "Stew."

Bugs sticks his ear in to taste the stew.

Bugs: "What kind of stew is it? Hmm. Rabbit ear stew. Very good, too."

Coyote: "What kind of wine goes best with wild game? You are game, aren't you?"

Bugs (smirking): "Oh, uh, I'm game alright."

Coyote: "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mud.

Bugs: "And remember: mud spelled backwards is dumb!"

And, the piece de resistance:

Bugs: "Eh, what's up, doc?"

Coyote: "Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Wile E. Coyote, Genius. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college..."

Bugs: "I.."

Coyote: "...and so, let's get down to cases: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are and I'm a genius! While you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarden. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers."

Bugs: "I'm sorry mac. The lady of the house ain't home and besides, we mailed you people a check last week."

Coyote: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

And that's just about the way my mind works. :)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Any of the dvd's (whichever you can get yer hands on) are worth it Mick. One of my favorites is Daffy Duck's Quackbusters. The newer clips of Daffy that are intertwined between the classics aren't as funny (mho), but that has some of the funniest (somewhat spooky themed) Looney Tunes.

Question - a few of yah mentioned words you like. Care to mention any you don't care for? One that used to bother me alot is moist. But a little overuse of the word by friends (on purpose and in my presence) has bumped it up to "somewhat annoying".

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Sorry, Mick. All my cartoons are on ancient, creaky ol' video cassettes. I have read good things about the Looney Tunes Golden Collections, though.

Not to be contrary, cuz' I generally agree with Sophia's tastes, but I dislike the faux movie collections like Quackbusters and even the acclaimed The Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie. Give me the 7 minute shorts, uncut and unedited, the way I remember them.

Most words are fascinating, it is the way people abuse them that is annoying (er, me included).

I am no fan of overkill, either. For example LMAO, or, worse, ROTFLMAO is absurd. To console myself when I see it, I sometimes imagine the users of such things doing as much. (Now that's funny.) Sorry in advance if you use them, but I stand firm on this point.

:lol:

Anyone who has seen the Cow and Chicken cartoons may remember the devil character rolling woodenly around on the ground in the opening credits. That combined with the cartoon's queer focus on butts reminds me of ROTFLMAO.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

That's the way I wish I could have my Looney Tunes, Mission. I take 'em as I can though, which these days is slapped between a corny storyline and shown on HBO. One of these days I'll get a dvd set or two, and watch to my heart's content.

Your creaky video cassettes brings up another thought, as in the past few years I've been slowly purging myself of cassettes, and finding my coveted movies and shows on dvd. One set I'd been waiting on for a whopping 16 years before it finally showed up on dvd (Dracula: The Series).

LMAO - I can see how that acronym, or any of similar sort can be annoying, and agree that a perceived visual can take the edge off the overuse. I typically imagine someone whenever they use even more literal translations in their posts (i.e. *laughs*, *grins*, etc). It adds a more comic take on conversations.

I have a "phrase that makes me smile" that just came to mind when mentioning the quest for dvds. The "happy dance". Have you ever used that in conversation? What would you think it looks like? I've done the dance a few times when the occasion called for it (when few folks were around to bear witness). Mine's akin to the Snoopy Dance. :o

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I have a friend who has the creepiest grin you've ever seen. It's practically malicious. Even evil. For some reason, I picture them whenever someone writes *grin* of <g>. Smilies are the best emotional conveyance. LOL will do just fine too.

I'm too cheap to buy all the stuff I have on VC to DVD. I convert when there's something extra that interests me. I still don't have any of the Bond films on DVD except the last one.

Do your feet move like Snoopy's? ("Sup-sup-supper time. Suppertime!")

Mission_banner5.JPG

Dang I am so mad at my boss right now....

OK we have a wierd relationship........ but she fu*ced me over tonight...... no faire.... not nice.....................(put on pg13 mode)

shit piss fuck......... I am mad.............

and I apoligize for anyone that iI might have offended..... but I feel that I've been screwed..........

If seeing is believing, is believing seeing?

Depends on

a ) the level of your belief (I know people who believe in and have seen ghosts and UFOs. If that isn't proof that believing is seeing, I don't know what is.) and

b ) the level of your sanity (see above). :P

Mission_banner5.JPG

Why is it that when you post a new topic here, it immediately has 2 views? I could see if it had one, but 2?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ok, this is random.

I'm angry and I don't want to talk to my "real world" friends about this so I'm going to rant to my dear pirate friends. I apologize in advance.......

Why, oh why is it, that the same people who tell you to "just be yourself" turn on you as soon as you do?

My boyfriend just told me about all the stupid things his friends were saying behind my back at a party we attended two weeks ago. There was alot of drinking. It hurts my feelings because I want them to like me but apparently they think I'm a moron.

My crimes are:

• I'm clingy.

My boyfriend agrees with his friends on this one. This pisses me off and confuses me. I hung out with my friends most of the night but when I would go to see what he was doing I would hold him or give him a kiss. What the hell is wrong with that!?!?! I think I'm a fairly attractive chick, shouldn't he be flattered to have me hanging on him?

• I say the same things over and over again.

Ok, I was drunk. They were drunk. My boyfriend said he didn't think I did this.

• I brought to the party the karaoke machine. His friends hate karaoke.

Then why was it they got up and sang after all this bitching? Worse of all this was a surprise birthday party for one of the offenders' brother and he was trying to get people to leave his brother's party and go to their favorite bar. The boyfriend (who doesn't karaoke) thought his friends were being stupid.

• My guy friends hang all over me.

One in particular. He is married. I am practically best friends with his wife. He doesn't like me like that, he's not trying to get with me. I've tried getting him to lay off but I wound up hurting his feelings REALLY badly (long story). He's a very good friend so I put up with it. My boyfriend thinks it's mildly annoying but overall it doesn't bother him. But it bothers his friends. They bring it up CONSTANTLY and tell my guy how wrong it is. I'm stuck. I'm not going to hurt the feelings of my friend again for the benift of my boyfriend's jack ass friends.

OK OK, I know I shouldn't care what his friends think. All that really matters is what my boyfriend thinks (and he is 99.5% great...hell he was dumb enough to tell me what those bastards said about me) and what I think about myself.

I think I'm ok, I'm a nice person with a good heart. I'm a hell of alot of fun too.

Screw 'em.

Ok, this is random.

I'm angry and I don't want to talk to my "real world" friends about this so I'm going to rant to my dear pirate friends. I apologize in advance.......

Why, oh why is it, that the same people who tell you to "just be yourself" turn on you as soon as you do?

His friends are afraid of you, what you stand for, what you mean in their relationship with him, et cetera. You should cast Magic Missile at them next chance you get! :lol:

My Home on the Web

If seeing is believing, is believing seeing?

Depends on

a ) the level of your belief (I know people who believe in and have seen ghosts and UFOs. If that isn't proof that believing is seeing, I don't know what is.) and

b ) the level of your sanity (see above). :lol:

What if you believe you are sane? ;):lol:

My Home on the Web

Hey, no prob. Advice is free. And not always accurate. Lets see what the Magic 8-Ball says. *shakeshake* Reply Hazy Try Again. My Sources Say No. Oh well. Like I said... not always accurate. :lol:

Keep that dagger handy. You'll have to use it someday.

My Home on the Web

The world looks more and more wonderful the less and less you care what other people think. You, however, begin to appear to others to be eccentric. Of course you only see yourself as normal while others see you as eccentric, but you don't care what they think, so you see yourself as normal and...

What if you believe you are sane?  :lol:   :lol:

Then you see yourself as sane when you are, according to the implication in your statement, in fact, not. See you see yourself as sane when you are insane, but you see yourself as sane, so those thinking you're insane are obviously insane because you see yourself as sane and...

It's like trying to walk through a tesseract; you keep ending up in the same place. (All the insane people I know think they are sane.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yeah...good weird and bad weird. Speaking of which, I have not been able to find Priscilla Queen of the Desert, even at Blockbuster. Nor can I find The Tao of Steve. I did once own Pi the Movie, but I don't any longer. (I suspect it has almost nothing in common with either of the above movies, but The Tao of Steve reminds me of Pi the Movie for some reason.)

edit: Oh, it just occurred to me that they're both Greek letters. So that's probably why.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yeah...good weird and bad weird. Speaking of which, I have not been able to find Priscilla Queen of the Desert, even at Blockbuster. Nor can I find The Tao of Steve. I did once own Pi the Movie, but I don't any longer. (I suspect it has almost nothing in common with either of the above movies, but The Tao of Steve reminds me of Pi the Movie for some reason.)

edit: Oh, it just occurred to me that they're both Greek letters. So that's probably why.

Buy Priscilla on DVD. If you don't like it enough to keep, I'll buy it from you next month.( ie when I get paid again.)

Now that's a strong recommendation. I really have been looking. Even snooped around the badly organized, used DVDs at various BBs. I'll pick it up off the net. (I should just break down and get Netflicks. Except then I'd probably spend far, far too much time watching obscure movies.)

I was in Alice Springs in July and that's their claim to fame, right? Say, I have a neat picture I took in a bar in AS. Anyone who knows me will understand it. I'll try and dig it out tomorrow, scan it and post it. I know you'll all be waiting with baited breath for that one. :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG