Who have you met from the pub?

Christine

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actuly, I've met quite a few Pyrates in person from the Pub..... but there are still more I want to meet.... Don't wanna try listing everyone for fear of missing someone...........

Did meet Diego and Rummy last week at the Heart of the Forest Renn Faire.... they were cool.........

Still gotta meet a bunch of the Southern California Pyrates this year at Ojai, and more East Coast pyrates at Pyrates in Paridise.........

I'm married to Red Bess ... Just recently met up with Lady Barbossa, Merrydeath, Bilgemunky and Capt. Pete Straw in Oshkosh, Wisconsin at the opening of the "Pirates!" exhibit at their Public Museum...

So, by default, you see, I've met Sjöröveren, Red Bess (and their powder monkeys), Lady Barbossa, Bilgemunky and (finally!) Merrydeath at the Oshkosh event. And if that weren't enough, I ran into Lady Barbossa and Merrydeath at another event a couple weeks later.

And can I just say... you folks are the best.

I have known William the Bloody since he was born... but that's a technicality.

Looking forward to meeting you others.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Even though it goes without saying, I'm saying it: I'm married to Sjöröveren (finally off the night shift at work - huzzah!) and I met Merrydeath, Lady Barbossa, Capt Pete Straw and Bilgemunky in Oshkosh.

I've also chatted with Isabella via IM, and exchanged letters with Capt Morgan while he was overseas.

Oh, and I usually see my pal Lorelei once a week for yoga and sushi (but she doesn't post much anymore.)

Let's see, I've met in person:

Capt. Flint and 'is loverly mate

Stynky Tudor

Pirate Molly

Zorg

Paisley

Duncan MacGuyver an a bunch o' the Juryrig crew

Madam McCaw

Indigo Jack

Blenderwench

Crimson Corsair

Gute Morgan (brought 'em here I did)

Spoons

Hawkyns

SeaLegs Constance (she be me sister, brought 'er 'ere too I did)

Can't forget Firethorn!

Me thinks that's all so far. I be hopin' t' meet a more at PARF and MDRF.

At least at Maryland this year, it will be just SeaLegs and meself...so look out!!!!

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Lets see I've met:

Stynky Tudor

Gute Morgan

Blender Wench

Crimson Corsair

Captain Flint

These are just a few I have met several others but I just cannot remember there names. GUess I just had to much rum.

Just remembered some more members that I have met here.

Duncan Macguyver (Juryrig)

Paisely

Hawkyns

Mad Woman Cheryl (she does not count I have known her all me life us

Being sister and all)

I think that is the end of my list now. How knows I might think of someone else. :lol:

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Cire! Sorry me darling, how could I omit you? :lol:

I didn't forget I'd met you, I just forgot you post here.

Now, how can I make it up to you?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Well outside of fellow crew on the Royaliste and Tales of the Seven Seas local folk... not many.

I was at Ojai last year and met me a ton of people, but it was a wirl wind tour of hand shaking and I sure couldn't put many names with faces unfortunately. That and the amount of rum consumed all weekend long. :D

I do remember meeting Tabitha Anne and Twiggy Hunt (long distance members of Tales) and of course the good folks from the Dirty Rotten Oar!

And of course I've met Jamaica Rose the one and only.

I did meet many from the PRP group and was given a tour of the camp but I will need to make a better point of meeting (and remembering) who be here on the pub this year!

:D

Cire! Sorry me darling, how could I omit you? :ph34r:

I didn't forget I'd met you, I just forgot you post here.

Now, how can I make it up to you?

Hmmm... I'll have to think on that one.....

Because the world does revolve around me, and the universe is geocentric....

I don't know ifin me mind is capable of rememberin the likes o somes of yuz but I be willin ta gives it a tries:

(most recent first)

Patric Hand

Pirate Petee

Dread Pirate

Iron Bess

Black Hearted Pearl

Red Maria

Christine (who handed me a phone and PiratePhil was on tother end)

Rhumba Rue

to those of you I am in forgets I will be having a party later in the Pub and drynks will be fer certs on me!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ohhhhhhhhh lets see.. It's a bit of a list

Stynky Tudor

Pirate Molly

Mad Woman Cheryl and Bill

Sealegs Constance

Madam Mccaw

Crimson Corsair

Hawkyns

Gute Morgan

Blenderwench

Zorg

Duncan MacGuyver

A pretty good bit more, whose names escape me at the moment, but, what do you expect from an old capt like me......

:lol::lol:

:huh::huh: After a bit of checking I find I have met one of the crew here - callenish gunner - Hugh and I met at the Blackbeard Fest in Hampton in June. Scary looking bloke - he is. Carried more steel than a company of Highlanders. A pyrates pyrate if you aske me.

I wonder how many others were at the Blackbeard fest that I may have seen.

Willie the rumrunner :blink:

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

• 1 month later...

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Thru a number of unplanned and bizarre scenarios I have met Capt'n Pern and a number of Blackbeards Crew - including Pyrate Pete, Myra, and Lady Grace. I met there esteamed surgeon - Jessie - damn butcher if truth be told. We was drink'n rum - turns out he got his "school'n" as a butcher. Guess he took a liking to cutting - hehe - fancy that - a pyrate who likes to cut. There were a few others I met but allas, I do not remember the names the gave - may have been there real names - I guess I'll ner know.

did learn a few shanties along the way - great fun was had all around

Willie the rum runner :blink:

You can ner' have enough sand in yer stew.

No one as of yet, more's the pity. Perhaps at the Salem Pirate Faire next month. :)

Black Talon

Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion.

Aye... as Pete Straw an' Rover mentioned... met them fine gents. I'll be up in Freedonia WI Labor Day weekend. Swing on by, Bilgemonkey! Hope to see ya!

Occassionally see MerryD. Always a riot with the 2 of us together. :huh:

But recently had the honor an' pleasure of meeting a couple more gents. Alas, forgive me if I have forgotten thy names. One I believe was Ship Mate Dog or something like that. I know the both of them are on the Pub, I talked to the 2 of them for over an hour! Again.. thank ya most kindly for the fan! I swear I would be still recoverin' from the heat if it were not for your kindness. T'was a hellish weekend weather wise.

I was in Camden, SC last weekend when I met them. They be running a business (if you can believe it).. some nice plundered items, mates! They be one of the few seein' me not in Pirate mode.. but in Patriot mode! Well.. alas, wasn't a Patriot that weekend since I was with the British Legion (Pretty much worse than Blackbeard and his crew!).

But again, thank you most kindly for the fan. & was a HUGE pleasure to meet a descendent of a Patriot! Already I feel a kinship with Pirates who are also Patriots during the Rev War!

Keep in touch, Mate! Hope to cross paths with ya soon enough whenever I get down to the Carolinas again. Cowpens may be my next invasion to the south. At least then won't have to worry about the heat and those damned fire ants! Christ almighty! I've bites all over me still from those nasty little buggers!

Oh! Images, mate! I've got them! Lemme know if ya want to see them! Sunday mornin's battle was just ever so wicked! :huh:

So... again.. I've met a fortunate few. I leave ya standin'. Most stay on my good side. Comrades mean more to me than gold an' silver. The more.. the merrier... the more you can plunder, ransack, pillage, & destroy! :)

Lookin' forward to meetin' more of ya!

Someday I'll be getting that damned website of mine up so as you can find out where I be goin'. Guaranteed, I'll be making trips out east within the next year due to 225th Anniversary events. Yorktown VA will be one I will hit next year as I am hearing that will be a hell of an event!

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

After haulin' me crew t' the Corona, CA Pyrate Faire yesterday, I had the grand pleasure of meetin' Cascabel and Isabel face t'face. They be fine specimens o'piracy! :huh:

Also met up with the members o'the Port Royal Privateers (which includes the lovely lasses Rumba Rue and Iron Bess) and the crew from Stranglehold.

Me two cabin boys pillaged many a stand and made home with some fine swag. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I've met Cascabel, RedMaria, Rhumba Rhu, Petee, Diego, Rummy, Killian, and several others I can't remember the names of(I'm an old man). I'm sure I saw Capt. Grey, but didn't know it. Too bad! I also was hitting the ale hard to alleviate the heat prostration.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.