Who have you met from the pub?

Christine

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merrydeath, were you there last weekend (Saturday, August 19th?!)

Good God woman, don't be shy..(and something tells me your not) step up and say 'ello!'

By the way...the 'wench burn' is still tender!

Nay, I had to work that weekend.. it was the weekend before I got to go. (of course!!!!)

I was sad to see that I had missed you both.. three of you, then with Pete.

I was supposed to go another weekend but with gas up to 2.99 here, the 5 hours trip was just too far. I'll be going to MNRF this weekend, to see three crews and a new baby. Wish I had been able to meet you, sweets. Something tells me we could have had a good time getting 'happy' at the pig and Whistle. :)

Last yer I got a very pretty henna tat rose on my bodice, and after the burn, the thing stayed on there in reverse all summer. Aloe is still the best for that, and especially if you keep it in the fridge.

ta til later.. M

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Tis a lie, I say! I had two that day...and they were rather small...pity!

Funny, I thought they were talking about the Cheeky Actress, Mistress Mckinna? B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Tis a lie, I say! I had two that day...and they were rather small...pity!

Dear Lill remember WHO you are when ye post! B)B) and Like I said one tis all it takes! Two no matter what size and the tents will be let up like a Nuclear blast.... thank goodness ye weren't camping I would have been able to see the candles flickering all the way in Virginia! B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Damn! I'm so jealous!!!

Ha, Habibi, you have to wait until RF2! B) Unless you can swing a road trip over Sept2-4....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I missed most of the Pirates of Portobello, (as a crew) but I did have some wonderful Guinness that my sturgeon.. er surgeon bought me. I had a grand time under the grape arbor with the pirates.. twas grand!

and as for Jib and Mad Jack.. A little piece of heaven was mine that day.. you both are wonderful gents, and I look forward to seeing ya again.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

:huh:

This was an odd meeting!

I met Rateye this past weekend at the Civil War re-enactment at Usher's Ferry in Cedar Rapids, Ia.

:ph34r: What a hoot! Reason why it's hilarious is cause... WE BOTH DIDN'T KNOW EACH OTHER AS PIRATES! I didn't know it was Rateye and he didn't know it was me, Lady B until AFTER the event! :ph34r:

Rateye... mate.. you are awesome! And a hell of a Union soldier!

I'm hoping we can cross paths again soon.

I hear Pete is heading to a Civil War event. Have a few there for me... I'll have a few at Cantigny (in Wheaton, IL) in honor of you both. ::le sigh:: again, we are all passing ships in the night. :ph34r:

I suppose this means I REALLY should make my way to the Re-enactors Fest in February, eh?

Sterling! You've yo'rself a HELL of a gent here! he should be WAY more than a Ship's Surgeon! Once you've seen him on the battlefield... you'll want him as First Mate! Damn fine Officer!

And, Rateye... tell everyone in the 1st Wisc thank you again. I really had a good time.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

****Not just a Pirate, but a Patriot as well! Amazing how many of us out there who do other eras *****

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I suppose this means I REALLY should make my way to the Re-enactors Fest in February, eh?

Sterling! You've yo'rself a HELL of a gent here! he should be WAY more than a Ship's Surgeon! Once you've seen him on the battlefield... you'll want him as First Mate! Damn fine Officer!

Too funny! Only Rats could manage something like this!!! I am so glad you had the opportunity to meet him... he truly is one of the best and tis an honour for me to have him in our crewe... :ph34r::huh::ph34r: He is truly hard working and dedicated, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Honestly, I am truly blessed with having not only loyal living historians but even better, truly fine people to work and play with. I do hope you can make the RF2 event and meet the rest of the group... they all are truly the very best!! :ph34r:

As for first officer... well I would trust Mr. March with my life, but I've seen Rats' pricketty stitching... he can suture my cuts any day! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Crewe of the Archangel

Very funny Lady B.

Apparently I *saw* a lot of members from here at Port Washington this year. Of course I didn't know this wonderful place exsisted until reciently so I didn't know who anyone was!

Now that I am in the know, you'll have the devil of a time gettin rid o me!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Mad Jack, had I known you were at the MN Ren. Faire in August, I woulda went then instead of this weekend! Ah well, maybe next year. The only ones here I've met before are Foxe and Cire, in Bristol, England over the summer.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

We'll be out next weekend for the last huzzah of the season. Hopefully it won't rain!

I'll be buying next year's season pass early, so be sure to check Mac's Pub when you're out there. I'm bound to be under one of the tables... ;)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

As for first officer... well I would trust Mr. March with my life, but I've seen Rats' pricketty stitching... he can suture my cuts any day!

I can see it now... pricketty stitching to close a wound. Hmmm....

Lasy B, you simply must put RF2 on your calendar and then see what needs to happen for you to make it there. Pirates, Civil War, Rev War... all in one place. Some WWII to boot, and throw in a few gladiators.

Sounds like a batchelorette party?

Don't count me out of Cantigny yet... It's a 2-day weekend...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

he is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Going to be? Shoot! He IS a force to be reckoned with! :huh:

Rateye! You an' I need t' meet up again. This time with a bit more understanding of who is who. :lol:

We shall see, all, about my time whether I can make it to RF2 or not. It's not just getting there.. it's whether there is a Horse Show or Horsey event that same weekened. If there is, then I have to work the horsey event and can't go to RF2. ::le sigh::: I suppose I best get use to the time issues, right?

I'm having the same exact trouble right now. I'd LOVE to go to the 225th of Yorktown the 2nd weekend of October.. but can't go because of time. I can't really skip out on my classes. :lol: Last year I knew that Yorktown would be difficult (even when I REALLY wanted to go) because of College Classes. But.. hey! There is always the 250th Yorktown! I'm sure then I will have more opportunity. :(

Yeah, I saw pictures of RF1.. and heard it was a blast!

One really can't argue about the location too much as it's half way... especiall for those out west. More than just pirates and cowboys out that direction, too. I know that there are a few Civil War groups, WW2, even a regiment or 2 of Rev War. Plus a lot of Spanish re-enactment groups. Conquistadors are always welcome as well as more groups for the Seven Years War as the 250ths anniversary events are in full swing.

Chole... Will look forward to meeting you face to face officially next year at Port Washington. :huh:

PETE!!! You simply MUST stop by and see me at the Legion Camp or where ever I may be. Super Saturday night at the camp... big beef brisket and pork roast... sweet potatoes and more!

LOL... damnit my boys need some nurishment! :huh:

OH! and Pete... If EVER you want to do Rev War in the future.. I am seriously considering re-starting up a 1st Maryland Regiment (possibly 2nd Maryland as well). Long story there why I want to bring it back. Tarleton's is on the backburner.. that is still a possibility.

The Maryland Regt are Infantry. I'm working on some ideas and all. But again, it's a possibility. It won't be in the near future like a year or 2. I've still a LOT to work on yet.

Can spread the word, too.

Rateye, more than welcome, too. You can also attend one of the Rev War events if you like.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aha! My turn!

This weekend I finally met Crimson Corsair and Mick MacAnselan. The Fells Point Pirate Pub Crawl next year is going to be a blast with you guys!

Mad Woman Cheryl and her sister Sealegs Constance swung by the encampment to say hi right before we went out to shoot the cannon. Major Chaos and his lady, Susan, stopped by briefly. It's always good to see them. I heard tell that Rogue Mermaid was about, but I missed her. I think we met at the PA Faire though (well, Celtic Fling on the Ren Faire grounds). I also met Dorian Lassiter there that weekend.

Hawkyns and Kathryn Ramsey I've known for years. And of course Blackjohn and [Wee] Jim Hawkins and the boys of the Pirate Brethren have been my mates in many other centuries since I started in this hobby.

Met GoF at The Original Reenactors' Market last March and of course Foxe.

Glad to know you all! :lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

And the list grows! pirateme-vi.gif

1. Jamica Rose

2. Capt. Michael McLeod

3. Capt. Grey

4. Christine

5. Bloody Mary Bonney

7. Aurther Richards from Kent

8. Rummy

9. Wolfy Wench

10. Black Hearted Pearl

11. Jenny Jenny (Blackhearted Pearl's sister)

12. Iron Bess

13. Red Maria

14. Killian

15. Mad Eye Mitch

16. Casabel

17. Blaze

18. Gigi

19. PirateQueen

20. Pyrate Phil -on the phone courtsey of Christine

21. Cyneful

22. Bammbii

23. Betsy Beers

24. Just John

25. Bloody Margaret

26. Leatherneck

27. Joselyn

28. Pirate Petee

29. Jess

30. Dakini

31. Jeramiah

32. Barbadoes Sam

33. Oderlesseye

34. Sweet Cricket (his wife)

35. Dirty Dick Moon

36. Mad Jack- on the phone

37. Tabitha Ann

38. Dread Pirate Gregory

39. Patrick Hand

40. Ace of Harbor Bay

41. Redd Ocktober

42. Barber Surgeon

43. Scarlett McBayne

44. Puss N' Boots

45. Lady Devlyn

46. Privateer

47. Skull pyrate Carter

48. Red Jamie Flint

I know there's more, but at the moment I've forgotten. Soon as I remember I'll put them up!

Funny thing, EVERYBODY recognizes me even when they've never met me before! :lol::huh::lol::lol::(

Rumba Rue, via the grace of telephony.

And I know what you mean, love! All i had to do was stagger by Merrydeath and ask "How the hell did they let YOU in here, deary?", and she knew who I was immediately! Perhaps our personas are so strong that they transcend this poor medium of communication? The other option is that I'm such a right bleeding b@stard that I can't be mistaken for anyone else? :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

You can just tell who some people are almost immediately.

I was some hundred yards away from Fort Zachary Taylor when I heard someone yelling, "CAPTAIN!"

I turn around to see a man waving a hat from atop the wall who yells out, "Would you be Captain Red Wake!?"

I knew almost at once that it was Captain Jim.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Had the honour, this Saturday past to meet, Mad Woman Cheryl, Sealegs Constance, Rogue Mermaid, and Flintlock Sarah.... was a pleasure ladies....

Saw Crimson Corsair in passing...

and several members of the Pirate Brethren....

Crewe of the Archangel

and several members of the Pirate Brethren....

Those scurvy dogs...

Aye Sterling! How on Earth did I forget to mention you! My most profuse apologies!!! :lol:

Now indeed I can add Sterling and those wee nippers, as well as (was mentioned elsewhere) Rogue Mermaid, Hawkyns (master gunner if ever there was!) and the ever so delightful Kathryn Ramsey to my list!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.