You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, thank you so much Blackjohn. I'm, yep, uhuh, speechless.

& thank you too Captain Jim. I'm trying to get enough ducts in a row to be at Pip this year. Darn ducks just keep getting out of line!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

:huh::huh: Oooohhhhhhhhhh ye both look great!!! :lol::huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it ain't very good, but it's a start. Here I am, in me infamous Montero cap...

CaptainMidnight2.jpg

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Finally got my new coat and hat.

This is for all you Sparrow haters out there...  :lol:

Nay, tis not Sparrow we hate. Just all the bloody clones :lol:

Not keen about about middle aged men who dress as Sailor Moon

either. Nice costume though.

-CSAce_takes_aim_-1.jpgjackswallows.jpg

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Mighty fine there, Mad Jack. Th' both of ya! M' compliments. Ya both look as though you were having lots o' fun! I pray y' both were. :)

Ahh... th' infamous Cptn Midnight. Now I can put a face with th' name. Tis a grand visage of ya, Cap'n. :)

Hmm... as to the Jack Sparrow cloning... that's where you'd have to know a lot of military men. :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Nah..

Ace does a raelly good Jack Sparrow....best I've ever seen ( ask about the "Jack-off")....I may not like the Jack Sparrow bit.. but Ace does it verrry well......

Captain Midnight.. yah gotta love the stupid hats.... (my cut down ...Bucaneere hat looks like .shi%t.....but dang.. it's period....)

Mad Jack.. yah ... ye handsome devel you....

Dang..... gotta love th' rum... heck with spelling...........................

True, Patrick... there are a few really good Sparrow look alikes out there... who are NOT working at Disneyland or Disney World.

Not seen Ace personally. Though I do know Toby. He's a might good Sparrow, too. Another Sparrow I'm aware of is down in Georgia. I pass compliments on to the good Sparrow look alikes.

But... it IS possible to have TOO MUCH Jack Sparrow. Guaranteed... for Port Washington this year... I bet ya we'll see 3 different Sparrows. That's not including the kids and not including Toby. Or worse... the Sparrow wannabes... which have a slight Sparrow look (eye makeup, beads, etc) but with their own flare and look. It's rather... odd. Especially if that Sparrow knock off/loosely based being is named Jumping Jack Flash or something worse.

But hey!... at least Wade in Georgia there... he's not just Jack... he's a slew of friends who dress up as Will, Elizabeth, Norrington, Gibbs, Barbossa, and whoever else. It's pretty awesome!

And Patrick... the pirate cap is cute. :)

It's good that not everyone wears either a cocked hat or the Jack Sparrow hat.

~Lady B

:blink:

Ah, well, here is what started it all off - Halloween 2004. I submitted for the Simplicity couples costume contest, and heard NOTHING back. ;) Thought I'd at least get a "nice try".

DSCN0034.jpg

So, since then, my ever thoughtful hubby purchased some lovely thigh-high bucket boots for me at PiP 2006. And on to ReEnactors Fest II, where I appropriated, in proper pirate fashion, my hubbies breeches and weskit/vest (pending me making my own). Oh, you didn't attend, you say? Well, now, that is too bad - look at the fun you missed out on! :lol:

100_1026.jpg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

i'm on the left side of the pic last weekend in october in my madd morgan kidd garb- this is at the pa ren faire

madmorgankidd.jpg

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Nah..

Ace does a raelly good Jack Sparrow....best I've ever seen ( ask about the "Jack-off")....I may not like the Jack Sparrow bit.. but Ace does it verrry well......

Captain Midnight.. yah gotta love the stupid hats.... (my cut down ...Bucaneere hat looks like .shi%t.....but dang.. it's period....)

Mad Jack.. yah ... ye handsome devel you....

Dang..... gotta love th' rum... heck with spelling...........................

Yeah Patrick, I know what you mean! Actually, despite its "different" look, the Montero cap was quite commonly worn during the mid 1600's to early 1700's, as is attested by period illustrations. But the biggest thing about the cap for me is its comfort...it's FAR more comfortable to wear than a tricorn, and is what I most often wear when I'm doing some serious "hunting", if you catch my meaning... :) After all, the Montero I believe, originated as a hunter's cap... ;)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Ah, well, here is what started it all off - Halloween 2004. I submitted for the Simplicity couples costume contest, and heard NOTHING back. :ph34r: Thought I'd at least get a "nice try".

Don't feel bad, Mary.

I did th' same in submitting a pic of m'self to Simplicity for a costume contest and I ne'er heard a thing from them. That was nigh 2 years ago! Pathetic if ya ask me! :ph34r:

But fantastic outfits of you an' yer hubby! M' compliments! :)

~Lady B

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Meet the crew of the HMS Seahawks!

The greatest Pirate ship to have (technically) never existed, as well as my own Pirate Alma Mater:

pirateking_Hometeam.jpg

Arr,

The Pirate King

www.ThePirateKing.com

:D

http://www.ThePirateKing.com

Over 180 online biographies of Pirates, Privateers, Explorers, & Buccaneers, along with loads of historical information on Sailing, Shipwrecks & Nautical Archaeology