You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So we get th' glorious joy of finally seein' Josh!

Aye... a handsome young lad he is, too.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Proms are highly overrated.

I feel for Josh, Callenish. Missed one Prom cause we moved. And then I was niavely talked to taking someone to Prom at a school I just started attending barely 2 weeks. And, aye, had the worst time of my life! Bawled when I got home.

Well, If it were possible, I'd say we'd all have a Pirate version of Prom... something that's more fun.

Til then. If he's another chance at Prom... I wish him luck the next time around.

And aye, I've seen and heard of others go in piratey attire to their proms... but he looks rather good.

~Lady B

Lovely frock coat.

And adoreable kitty! I once had a kitty that looked EXACTLY like him! No joke, too. He'd be 2yrs old now. So does the kitty have a piratey outfit? Or just the hat? I LOVE the wee hat! It's grand!

~Lady B

Lovely frock coat.

And adoreable kitty! I once had a kitty that looked EXACTLY like him! No joke, too. He'd be 2yrs old now. So does the kitty have a piratey outfit? Or just the hat? I LOVE the wee hat! It's grand!

~Lady B

Thanks! ;)

Well they say everyone has a look-a-like, same goes for kitties I'm sure :)

He doesn't really have a piratey outfit, other than that top which he wears when it's really cold (he doesn't mind that kind of thing). Needless to say, thanks to global warming, that's like 2 days a year ;)

The hat is actually on a headband now, so I can wear it myself :)

I just thought it would be funny to make Merlijn pose with it, because he pulls the _best_ faces in front of the camera when it comes to these things :)

You should see his Hallowe'en photo ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houseofsecret...57600188627986/

Oh, thanks for the kind offer, Hilde:

But I've already stitched up my own replica -- using Merlijn's tricorn as a pattern. And may I say, what an ingenious design it was! You're quite a seamstress.

I would love a little miniature frock coat like yours too, Hilde. But, alas, I have no body to wear it on!

You might try to find a Siberian. They apparently lack the enzyme that most folks are allergic to, so they are hypoallergenic cats! There are a few places around the country that breed them - if there are any near where you live, you might want to spend an afternoon hanging with the kitties and seeing if you get an allergic reaction.

RHJMap.jpg

But I've already stitched up my own replica -- using Merlijn's tricorn as a pattern. And may I say, what an ingenious design it was! You're quite a seamstress.

I would love a little miniature frock coat like yours too, Hilde. But, alas, I have no body to wear it on!

Ok just please don't take this the wrong way.

But I try to make an honest living designing and it really doesn't help if you publicly say you've copied one of my designs.

If everyone starts copying my stuff, I'll be out of a living really fast. I can understand people doing it because they don't have money, but if you state it publicly, I just have to react. (Especially as a lot of the stuff is copyrighted to me)

Because well, I don't like it when people do that.

I don't want to force people to buy from me, but please understand that I spend a lot of time on my designs, and making stuff, and it's really not fun for me to see others just taking what I've done.

I'm not someone that makes costumes etc as a hobby, I do it as a living.

Thanks for the compliment though, it's always nice to hear that people like my designs.

But I've already stitched up my own replica -- using Merlijn's tricorn as a pattern.Ā  And may I say, what an ingenious design it was!Ā  You're quite a seamstress.

But I try to make an honest living designing and it really doesn't help if you publicly say you've copied one of my designs.

Um... Hilde ... you do realize that you're talking to an imaginary character in an imaginary hat, don't you? [A hat, which, btw, I drew free-hand, and has nothing to do with your actual "designs".]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Siberians are beautiful and well-tempered, but all except the most hard-core cat lovers will pause when they find the going price is between $500-1,000.

PAUSE

Add that to the fact that the dog that lives in my house would most like to eat the poor kitten within seconds of it's arrival I think I best pass.

But I've already stitched up my own replica -- using Merlijn's tricorn as a pattern.Ā  And may I say, what an ingenious design it was!Ā  You're quite a seamstress.

Um... Hilde ... you do realize that you're talking to an imaginary character in an imaginary hat, don't you? [A hat, which, btw, I drew free-hand, and has nothing to do with your actual "designs".]

FWIW: Honestly I think cocked hats fall under public domain no matter what size, so no one owns the copyright to their design... now if you posted an actual pattern and it was copied and used...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/