You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks very nice, Tom, good job! :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

-_- FINALLY! Here I am in my Street Hawker/Day Mantua for the Port Washington Pyrate Fest here in Wisconsin come June 1st.

This habit can change to middling-sort class by loosing the white apron/hat and hood and replacing the hood with a fontage.

Here I am in my stays and petticoats - need to hem the white one up a bit.

Lillyinskivies.jpg

Here is a back shot of the Mantua.

Lillysbackshot.jpg

Hawking my wears (bread and beer)

Lillywithbasketsideglance.jpg

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

looks good Cheeky!

Hike up that under petticoat so we can see your shoes and get the apron dirty and you'll look darned authentic!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

looks good Cheeky!

Hike up that under petticoat so we can see your shoes and get the apron dirty and you'll look darned authentic!

Hee...Hee...Hee.. :ph34r:

Yes, my husband pointed out the length of my white petticoat this morning while taking pictures. It shouldn't take me long to make that type of adjustment.

Hmm...need to plant some flowers on the north area of the house....that would do the trick! -_-

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky thats gorgeous! Did you use Kass's patterns?

Morning Duchess,

The only item that was made by using Kass' pattern was the Mantua.

Everything else used another pattern or drafted free handedly.

Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky,

Thanks so much! I have been looking for such an example. Kass's Patterns are great but well ...so am I and unless my measurements are significantly smaller with my stays on than without ...I can't use them so ...I have to eye it.

Well, I did have help...or should I say "Consulting" with this pattern, Silkie.

A Big shout out to you Chole and Captain Sterling!

There were a few things I had to change and fix. I also referred to Janet Arnold's book of this time period garment. Her research was most helpful when I needed to refer to 'more descriptive detail'. The Mantua is good, not great, but good for a first attempt.

Member of "The Forsaken"

a right handsome lass cheeky m'girl the outfit looks great ....i do agree that a bit of stains and a small tatter or 2 would give it a more period look ....but if i met a fair woman such as y'self on my travels in port i'd give ye more than second look!!! -_-:ph34r:;)

& as i recall last year at hampton i did :ph34r::ph34r:

...but if i met a fair woman such as y'self on my travels in port i'd give ye more than second look!

:ph34r: callenish gunner! (Blushing).

Yes, I agree with you and Chole that I need to 'season' my apron a bit...too clean for what it is attended for (work that is).

And with such lovely compliments such as yours, I may have to change the color of my apron to blue! -_-

Member of "The Forsaken"

Oi looks great Lill! Well done. Now just to give ye a tumble in the dirt and make you look more period.... -_-

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Lill, you and Chole together will be quite the sight! Won't be any other females out there that can hold a candle to either of you when it comes to middling sort. Some one remind Rats to bring the camera to PW.

Now to just get you to lick those bodice gowns and I can retire from sewing ladies' garments and maybe I might just finish something I wear.... snigger.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

:ph34r:-_-:ph34r: if i wasn't at least a semblence of a gentleman i'd give you a tumble lass :ph34r:;):ph34r:

Remember dirt and grass stains when you do... a bit of hay from the nearby barn's loft wouldn't hurt either! :ph34r:

Crewe of the Archangel

Thank you kindly Captain. You're package came early yesterday and I made use of it right away! The pink petticoat has been hemmed about 2-inches now.

Nothing like sewing into the night as I watch Doctor Who! Great motivator in the wee hours of the morning.

I shall make sure that Rats brings his camera to PW. Though, he does make a habit of keeping it in tow, sir. I would love to have some shots of Chole and I together, posed and action of course! Should be a nice addition to the collection of crew shots.

"Note to self" Mistress Lilly scratches down with her quill pen. "Need to make one blue apron to wear for Callenish Gunner come PIP!" -_-

PS....My white apron has been offically seasoned thanks to my garden, and neighbor's dog!

Member of "The Forsaken"

:huh: FINALLY! Here I am in my Street Hawker/Day Mantua for the Port Washington Pyrate Fest here in Wisconsin come June 1st.

This habit can change to middling-sort class by loosing the white apron/hat and hood and replacing the hood with a fontage.

Here I am in my stays and petticoats - need to hem the white one up a bit.

Lillyinskivies.jpg

Here is a back shot of the Mantua.

Lillysbackshot.jpg

Hawking my wears (bread and beer)

Lillywithbasketsideglance.jpg

A lovelier lady mine eyes have not seen! No wonder the gentlemens' heads are all turning... :huh:<_<

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

verra nicly done

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Nicely accessorized too! I'll take the accessory on the left, in green. :huh:

I like the hat. Obviously we need to form the LOGOFWETWGB (League of Gentlemen of Fortune Wearing Enormous Tricorns with Gold Braid).

Thank you Long Tom. Yes, she is a very fine little bauble. Expensive, but very fine.

Yes, We could form the LOGOFWETWGB. I decided that I wanted to have the biggest high cock in port. I hope others don’t think that I am compensating for anything.