You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Oy , stop sharing my exploits with everybody, both small & tall and long legged even peg legged , at the pub B) Besides I was drunk and it happened at the Port :huh: What happens at Port , stays at the Port :huh:

Good mornin' Mister Grumpy! Yer exploits have just begun, and we mean t' tell yer saga t' any who'll listen. Sides, ye know ye like the looks yer gettin' from the girls wit' the peg legs!

Got t' run, and take care of that knife wound!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy , stop sharing my exploits with everybody, both small & tall and long legged even peg legged , at the pub  :huh:   Besides I was drunk  and it happened at the Port :huh: What happens at Port , stays at the Port  B)

Good mornin' Mister Grumpy! Yer exploits have just begun, and we mean t' tell yer saga t' any who'll listen. Sides, ye know ye like the looks yer gettin' from the girls wit' the peg legs!

Got t' run, and take care of that knife wound!

:huh: Aye , I will take care of my wound .

peg legs on girls hmmmm :huh:

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

I love Hard Tacks gloves Gregory. Jest wot I need seen as we had our first snow today!

Now Captain Striker, no exploits with peg legged women until yer healed :)

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Ye should contact Kass she seems t be th most resourceful, however there are many more ere who have made their garb by hand. Mrs Mad Jack and Captain Sterling as well . Check the posts here and good luck!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Ye should contact Kass she seems t be th most resourceful, however there are many more ere who have made their garb by hand. Mrs Mad Jack and Captain Sterling as well . Check the posts here and good luck!

"Kass has a business designin' patterns for period clothin'; I'm sure her designs are the most accurate. However, if ye need local and inexpensive, Butterick sells POTC patterns fer $15; the package fer men, included breeches, shirt, waistcoat and top coat patterns. I bought some cotton duck cloth fer my waistcoat at a local JoAnn's fer $7 a yard; I had a discount coupon too."

"Yer lucky if'n ye can sew, as I can't; but, lucky fer me I had an Aunt that was willin'."

These are hot off the press from TRF....

IMG_0090.jpg

This is one of two matching carved benches in the Formal Gardens.

IMG_0099.jpg

Here is Nead "Flintlock Jack" Fitzgerald...all that haze and blur is from spent powder. (Honestly...)

IMG_0097.jpg

This is a section of the Water Gardens

O shoshoy kaste si feri yek khiv sigo athadjol.~Romani Proverb

Celui qui ne sait pas se taire sait rerement bien parler.~Pierre Charron

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Thank you all for your kind comments. The Garden pics were taken Saturday under perfect weather conditions. Sunday, the weather turned most foul due to hurricane activities down South and though we were there the entirety, the "cannon" was kept safe and dry. I shall post more under raids.

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

And now I'm even more irritable that we didn't make it there this past weekend. We were overtaken by an unfortunate series of events...

At present, our plans are for Nov 11-12, if nothing else comes along to foul up our plans, plus it isn't impossible (but not really likely, I guess) for me to make a solo trip on a random weekend before that. We generally grab a room in Conroe, but I've been considering going down and trying the campground.

Will you be making any other weekends, Mam'zelle Devareaux...?

sig2.jpg

These are hot off the press from TRF....

IMG_0090.jpg

Very pretty Chere... but, mon amour, how do ye keep yer feet so clean? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

LOL!!! Sandles that are not in view of the shot. :lol:

Touche`, Amour, Touche`

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

And now I'm even more irritable that we didn't make it there this past weekend. We were overtaken by an unfortunate series of events...

At present, our plans are for Nov 11-12, if nothing else comes along to foul up our plans, plus it isn't impossible (but not really likely, I guess) for me to make a solo trip on a random weekend before that. We generally grab a room in Conroe, but I've been considering going down and trying the campground.

Will you be making any other weekends, Mam'zelle Devareaux...?

We are going to try, but it is up in the air currently. (Damned budget...sigh)

Conroe is very nice, I usually book in Navasota. ( I believe it is closer.) I have stayed at the event campgrounds, not bad...But it do get cold at night and the Drum Circle can drive you batty. I do not reccomend camping in Nov unless you intend to pack heating. I hear it can be sub-Arctic at night. :lol:

Sorry to hear you had a bout of unfortunate occurance. But, Sat was the only good day for weather...Sunday had me looking for a boat. I swear I saw an old Hippie walk by with a whole line of paired animals walking two-by-two. :lol::lol:

Hmmm, that could, indeed, put a damper on things. And yes, I heartily apologize for that pun... :o

The only heating I usually take is the lovely Elspeth, and for some unfathomable reason -- okay, it's very fathomable, the lack of running water -- she isn't interested in the camping available there.

If I make the solo trip and camp, it will likely be in the next two or three weekends. Will post any such decisions somewhere here on the board as they come about.

sig2.jpg

I know that the Texas Musketeers are heading down for the All Hollows weekend. If you are going to camp, you may wish to touch base with them to see if any of them are, as well. It is better and safer to camp with folks you know. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Again, I have been lurking... ^^; Though, I just browsed through many pictures and I must say, everyone looks awesome in garb!!!

Well, I guess I'm speaking up again to show off what I've been sewing in the catigory of "pirate garb".

I wanted to make something for Halloween, but I was afraid that I wouldn't have time (Says the seamstress who sews some projects in less than two weeks) so I threw together some of the stuff I had in order to make my pirate character's costume:

PICT0028.jpg

(excuse the setting. I didn't have a "photographer".)

But then I was able to sew this:

DSC03545.jpg

^^; So, I suppose I went from 'Pirate' to 'Wench'.

P.S. Just a little something I wanted to share from my September trip to Disneyland:

DSC03515.jpg

M. Shamrock, Captain of the Celtic Cross

Some of the Unluckiest are the Luckiest...

Pirates of the Caribbean RPG

banj2.jpg

If I said that you were Dang cute.... would that be inaproperate........ :rolleyes:

WOH..... If I could pillage ye off the Seven Seas......

NAH.....

Sorrry inpolite.........

Anyway.... ye be dang cute........

Edit.... I looked it up...... rats ...She's only 16........(not that that is bad or anything)......I .just don't wanna be posting anything inaproperate or such.....)