You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Well done Mad Jack!! Hope the lovely missus is feeling better!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!  Dat ees one hot beach!

"Inigo! Jou drunken cheeldrens nearly kill mi an jou arr frolicking wid Siren on de beech?"

"Where es mi whip?"

Looks to Ingenious and has to laugh..."Looks like Ingenious is once again foul of Ol Rosarita."

Mad Jack your wife is lovely, send her my regards. Rumba I love the feathered pin!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Been reading this one for awhile and I figured I'd post some of mine. I just finished most of it. Just have to sew a lot of buttons on.

Freebootterfullgarb2.jpg

Freebootterfullgarb1.jpg

My wife and I are currently busy sewing garb for a crew of 10 people for our PiP trip. About halfway there.

totalgarb8-29-6.jpg

Everything I'm wearing (except for my pants) is hand dyed. I was able to get some really cool looks to the outfits buy doing that. All the other garb I'm making is also hand dyed. There are a few vest pieces that are not but most of it is.

card039.jpg

PA Ren. Faire, opening weekend (tickets as a gift from the person next to me). I'm on the left and the person on the right is the wonderful Bard Pirate- she almost made be messenger to a lovely lady in black...poetry is not my fortey, folks.

...My first costume... :)

Notsureaboutthathat.jpg

Rumba, do you know where Bess got that hat for her dog??? I know a yellow lab that needs one!!!!

No, the pup hat was store bought. It's a dog costume I found at Pet Co last year... she has *outgrown that one though*

If I knew how to post a picture I have saved only to my computer I'd show you her *Big girl* Pirate duds!* :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Here ye go Iron Bess! Pheobe all grown up- whoa is that a big dog!  :blink:

PhoebeShipsDog6.jpg

Ahhhhhh!!

M'baby!!

M' 100 lb. baby! (Please note the ear ring....)

She's Barnacle Phoebe the Sailor!, ships dog for the *Port of New Providenc* singers!

(And she knows where ALL the treasure is buried!)

Thanks Aunt Rumba! Woof!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Is that Janelle, the fabulous seamstress about which I've heard so much? She's the best! B)

Yes, thank you! That's her; my dear, darling, long-suffering, wonderful wifey-person. :P :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Yesterday I´ve just finished sewing some basics for Mr. Porter:

Edward02.jpg

Edward01.jpg

normal_Edward03.jpg

Next will be a Short Jacket... but the cunstruction is a bit more difficult as I thougt and I´ll have to make a musslin fitting first and then alter the pattern... my stomach isn´t made for normal sizes ;)

Smart and simple. I like this outfit.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Such wonderful garb everyone. Makes me feel a might inadaquate. I'm sorely lacking in weapons if nothing else.

Here's the beginings of a kit I whipped up for myself this spring before heading to the Port Washington Pirate Fest here in Wisconsin. These were taken after 2 full days of wear & entirely too much driving.

piratefest1.jpg

piratefest3.jpg

I've since shrunk out of the bodice which is a shame. It was a lot of work to sew! It is however a wonderful excuse to make another one. The hat has already been passed down to my little swabbie.

Chole

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I feel this photo belongs in this thread.

A photo taken at Bristol Renaissance Faire of The Archangel crewe:

9-10-2006-220.jpg

CrazyCholeBlack: Were you at Port Washington? Did you introduce yourself to the crewe of the Fool's Gold? Did I meet you? That is... did ye run into a Dead-Sexy pirate sporting a hook for a hand? (also: Be Careful! There's an angry-looking owl right behind you!)

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Here are the photos I promised!

DancingWithJack.jpg

Sorry it took sooooo long!

PirateandHawk.jpg

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1