Li'l Pirate lost fingertips, sending treasure

Saber

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recieved a box full of wonderful Seattle Seafair Pirates pins, eyepatches, tattoos and even plastic bloodshot eyeballs to wear!! (man-o-man can a seven year old kid have fun with those, eh?!!) But there was no note, and I'm not quite sure which pirate to thank for these treasures. :lol:

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Hmmm, I've be doing appearances at San Diego Children's Hospital and a center for abused kids in my Star Wars togs and handing out loot, but it sounds like I should switch to pirates - that's some pretty neat gear that young man is getting. A fine sharing of the spoils.

Were they able to save his fingers?

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Animal,

Many thanks!! That was a fine bag o' loot!!

Darkmalkin,

Awesome... I can't wait to see it!!

Captain Grey,

Yes, definitely do a pirate visit! Bob and I were discussing organizing a hospital visit if possible here in CA, because the kids get SO excited to see pirates!! I've got a pirate history talk coming up for a group of homeless moms and kids that I do in costume and one for a public library also. Both kids and adults are really interested in pirate history and I've also done children's pirate story times at the library. Every time I get a great response!!

Sadly no, the finger tips (to the first knuckle) were not able to be reattached. They were lost in a bike chain accident and I guess they were beyond being salvageable. But his mom says he's doing well, healing nicely and no infection.

Oh, poor kid. But they heal quickly and adapt even quicker. Thanks for the update, Claire (easy to remember name: it's my sister's).

And thanks for the pirate presentation ideas. I have a lot of kids books about pirates and they're a great resource.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Darkmalkin,

The red Captain Hook coat just arrived! Very nice! :)

(I think we'll have to ask mom for a photo of the little guy with all his loot!)

Everything is here now and I'll ship it all off tomorrow. I'll let everyone know when I hear back how he liked it!!

-Claire

PQ!!!!

Are you gonna take a picture of his hiest before you sends it off lass?!?!?!

That would be right fun, to see all of the booty that is going!

Huh?? Huh??? :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I will most definitely add your well wishes Bone Hunter! We have a list of pirates sending well wishes and ye' shall be on it! I think I should probably get the booty in the mail to the lad, as it's been a while already, but I shall put you on the well-wisher's list... anyone else? Last call, I'm printing and shipping tomorrow. (Tuesday)

I will most definitely add your well wishes Bone Hunter! We have a list of pirates sending well wishes and ye' shall be on it! I think I should probably get the booty in the mail to the lad, as it's been a while already, but I shall put you on the well-wisher's list... anyone else? Last call, I'm printing and shipping tomorrow. (Tuesday)

Throw me wishes in too, Quill! Bloody..I forgot 'bout this...coulda added a bit o' somethin' to it too, but it looks like the wee one'll be lootin' mighty well as it is...

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Here it is!! Michael's treasure trove!!!

Royaliste's certificate for a sale will be scorched around the edges to look properly aged, I will add a chain to Bess' POTC Aztec coin and we'll also have the list of well wishing pirates added. I should have it in the mail before Thursday.

treasuretrove.jpg

Aye, the lad be truely a made man. Tell him beware or else he might lose it. To pirates!

:ph34r:

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."