Li'l Pirate lost fingertips, sending treasure

Saber

it's a good thing that is in the doing.

all those involved should feel right proud

:)

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrrr. It touches me hard pirate heart the way ye hearties be helpin' this poor lad.

Accordin' to me pirate books, pirates what lost a limb be compensated, and I says ye have compensated this lad in fine pirate style.

This be a good omen as I be off to Children's Hospital tomorrow with the Stormtroopers ter make the sick ones feel better fer a while.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke to the lad's mum and told her I will be mailing the treasure today. She said she will report back with the lad's reaction to us! :ph34r:

Only just found this thread, so missed out on sendin' anything...but what a great surprise after a terrible accident!

Ahoy all ye warm-hearted pirates!!! A toast to ye all!! Ye done good! :rolleyes:

I just got the following email from the little pirate's mum, all the little smilies were in her email also...

"Claire,

Michael got his treasure today and he loves it...He is so excited...:) He said to tell everyone thank you for everything and he loves everything...:)

Thanks guys...it was so nice of you all to send Michael presents...:)"

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Another email from the little pirate aka "Madman Michael" and his mum...

"Claire,

Thanks for passing on the note...Yes he really loves the pirate treasure.:) He has been looking at it and playing with it non stop since he got it...I laughed and told him I was jealous that he got all this really cool pirate stuff...he just giggled at me. But thank you from both of us...you guys are all really great. Michael wanted to be a pirate for Halloween so this is great cause there was alot of stuff in there we needed for his costume...that I don't have to make or buy now...so that was even better and he was thrilled about that. :) On Halloween I will take a picture of him all dressed up and send it to you all to pass on.:)

Thanks again from both Madman Michael and I (Anne Reed Flint)"

Another email from the little pirate aka "Madman Michael" and his mum...

"Claire,

Thanks for passing on the note...Yes he really loves the pirate treasure.:) He has been looking at it and playing with it non stop since he got it...I laughed and told him I was jealous that he got all this really cool pirate stuff...he just giggled at me. But thank you from both of us...you guys are all really great. Michael wanted to be a pirate for Halloween so this is great cause there was alot of stuff in there we needed for his costume...that I don't have to make or buy now...so that was even better and he was thrilled about that. :) On Halloween I will take a picture of him all dressed up and send it to you all to pass on.:)

Thanks again from both Madman Michael and I (Anne Reed Flint)"

I can't wait te see the little tike all pyrated up. sniff Brings a tear to me eye... cough, hack... yeah the little bugger better appriciate.. ugh... ah, Damn.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Here it is!! Michael's treasure trove!!!

Royaliste's certificate for a sale will be scorched around the edges to look properly aged, I will add a chain to Bess' POTC Aztec coin and we'll also have the list of well wishing pirates added. I should have it in the mail before Thursday.

treasuretrove.jpg

That be the mother lode....

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

:lol: You guys all did a very good job and very possibly made this young man's day. He will remember the day a bunch scoundrels and scalywags came together to raise his spirits. My hats off to all of you. May i make one suggestion...............There are children every day at the shriners hospitals and burn centers across the country who could also use cheering up. If any of you would like to make a difference in the lives of some children on a regular basis call one of these hospitals and ask if you can come in to visit the kids.(in costume of course)

Hey Thomas,

I did give my card to some folks at St Rose Hospital in Hayward, with the suggestion that we could come in as volunteers periodically, but haven't heard back yet. I would love to get that going. Is there a Shriners in the Bay Area or does someone have a contact in the SF Bay Area for another hospital who would like to have a pirates visit? Also along the lines of volunteering, I do children's storytimes and history presentations for kids and adults, but both Saber and I would like to do hospital visits.

Visiting a hospital on costume takes a lot of planning and preparation. My suggestion is to contact the public relations or press department.

I recently did a Star Wars visit to the San Diego Children's Hospital and there were some strict rules for us to follow such as not attending if we had an illness in the past 5 days, not telling the kids to "get well soon" (some are terminal), plus the sight of kids in wheelchairs, kids with a bunch of tubes hanging off of them, kids with oxygen masks over their faces.

You also have to deal with "rejection" if the child is nervous or scared. One little girl screamed and ran to her daddy when all those Stormtroopers came in. Since I didn't have armor on (I was an officer), I took some goodies to her so she could have some "loot".

Overall there is nothing more gratifying than doing something like this for the kids. Being a parent myself I can understand how heartwrenching it is to see your child sick or suffering. Visits like these are a treat for both the kids and the staff.

Oh, and I'm glad "Madman Michael" is enjoying his treasure!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.