Li'l Pirate lost fingertips, sending treasure

Saber

The little son of a friend of mine just lost two fingertips at the first knuckle from one hand in an accident. His hand was caught in a bicycle chain. I'm sending out a little "treasure" to him from the pirates. I need quick ideas for fun things to do. I'm going to put his message in a bottle, include a little bag full of treasure coins, I'll try to locate a chest of somesort if I can find something, and the main present is a baseball cap with a skull and crossbones on it that I just got for him. I need quick ideas of extra pirate-like treasures, things like eyepatches or ??? to include. Fire away gang! I need ideas quick!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Topic has a whole host of pirate-y accessories, including those red and white striped sox. How about some temporary tattoos? (I suppose a hook would just be in bad taste, unless ye have a kid AND parents that can take a joke VERY well. Me own hellspawn would appreciate it, but then, nobody ever claimed that they were normal children... :D )

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Arrrrrrgh!! That was me posting above as Saber, I didn't realize I was on his login!

Great ideas- I could make a map and scorch the edges to make it look good. Big "X" marks the spot and such! I got the Jolly Roger ball cap at Hot Topic just today, and I'll be sure to include some of the POTC temporary tattoos we still have- I'd forgotten about them.

Actually, my son was saying if he was a little kid who had just lost 2 fingertips he would think a hook was really cool, but since I only know this friend through the internet, I'd prooooooobably better not risk that one!

ps Rosalinda... just messaged you with an address. Thanks!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I have a few replica Pieces of Eight I'd be happy to donate to the lad. Let me know and I'll send asap.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Just found around a hundred Pirates of the Caribean temporary tattoos. I can add a bunch of them as well.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

The little pirate is a 7 year old boy named Michael. Thanks everyone... this is awesome. His mom emailed me today and said he would be thrilled to get a treasure from the pirates!! I'll keep you posted on what is put together and I'll definitely let everyone know what his response was! Thanks again!!!

I think I'll add in a piece of that hardtack I got just for fun, with a note to his mom not to let him try to bite into it!!

-Claire

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Rosalinda, ye kin put an order in if'n ye like! I sold all the ones that I had made, but I have a great cache of beads, from colored glass, skulls, and black cats all the way up to genuine cherry amber, sterling silver, rock crystal and jet. I wore the prototype all three days of the Iowa ren faire and got a great many compliments on it. (That and the red dreadlocks.) Cuz I be the red Nameless Pyrate! Poison Quill, I'll be sending the last one I have made up yer way tomorrow. Rosalinda, I always wanted a Galileo thermometer, maybe we could work a swap, arrr. :D

The Pyromaniac Pirate

You're on Darkmalkin...

Make me a sweet set of Sparrow beads, and I'll trade you a Galileo Thermometer......

Deal?

We can work out the particulars via message....

And I'll be including one for Michael in tomorrow's "Pirates of the Rockies" package, Quill......

Cause I graduated...recently...

:ph34r:

Sure, PM me and tell me what kind and quality o' beads ye be wantin', along with the general color scheme and I'll do her up this week. I'm waitin' ta see if I kin tattoo at the Nebraska Ren Faire, apparently the Powers that Be are waffling on the issue of whether temporary tattoos are "period" enuf, grrr. All this AFTER I paid me merchant fee and made non-refundable campground reservations, damn and blast. If I get a green light, I'll be makin' tons more of 'em. If they redlight me, well, there's always rum and marshmellies...and me home faire, the Nishna River Ren Faire in October :ph34r: To which ye are ALL WELCOME, by the way! The more pirates, the merrier! Claire, can ye pull the float 1700 miles? I promise ye some steaks if ye do (T-Bones this time!)

Graduated to/from where, Rosalinda?

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Perhaps you could make up some sort of pyrate ships articles and have all our names here at the Pyrate Pub on it (thoes of us who would like our names on it), and Put his name to it as well naming him an honorary member of our crew!

Deadly Dru...

:ph34r:

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)