movie quotes game

Fancy

Nah...Mad Max: The Road Warrior contains the best chase scene. Does anyone know what kind car that was without cheating? (I just read this the other day or I wouldn't know.)

Diego, I have never seen the movie you're talking about, so I don't know what kind of car was in it.

"The last of the v8 interceptors...a piece of history! Would've been a shame to blow it up."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Best. Chase. Scene. EVER.

A friend of mine's father was one of the mechanics for that scene.  Said they went through eleven cars.

yeh and if you watch it closely they went through five hubcaps off the charger too! and that same VW Beetle going the opposite direction up and down, up and down scene after scene. (they must have hidden a camera man in it)

Answer: a black porsche roadster convertable his driving the fire road above the infamous mullholland drive on the top of the santa monica mountains was awe inspiring. (you all shoulda known Paul Newman? Paul Newman Racing.... Porsche)

ok ok i think there are a couple of full on chace race scenes and one was the Blues Brothers and my other favorite was The French Connection..... But then again what do I know?

I know someone else needs ta come up with a goodly quote!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I forgot who was up, but I'll give ya an easy one their 30th Anniversary:

" If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing. "

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

"Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go."

And Quint should know - no tenderizin', down he went. ;)

I thought this thread was about movie cars...Oh, well, here's an awfully easy one:

"Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed."

"I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself. (to movie audience) And, you too."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

"Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go."

And Quint should know - no tenderizin', down he went.  :D

"Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed."

"I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself. (to movie audience)  And, you too."

Aye. Poor Quint.

:D

As fer yers:

Austin Powers: Spy who Shagged Me

Best line in tha movie:

"How do you get into those pants?"

"Well you can start by buying me a drink."

Aye.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I was going to say Mars Attacks, but "that's disconcerting" sounds a little too urbane for that movie. I don't know.

BTW, Quint is from Jaws for those of you who didn't follow all that repartee.

Mission_banner5.JPG

attack of the nazi tomatoes?

later friends off to faire be back on Monday!

Play nice! (look whos talking right?)

Look I said I'm sorry I'm trying to get a handle on this you know?

Shut up! Just shut up!

They're going to hear you?

No they aren't

Oh yes theyyyy arreeee

damn! (I think they all heard!)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I think they better pickle you at the faire, Diego. Or maybe you'll pickle yourself.

WWII? Must be modern, with that crack in it. The old John Wayne movies were pretty nuts and bolts when it came to dialogue. "Saddle up!" Where's Jill? She watches modern war movies... (The last good war movie I saw was Patton.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I think they better pickle you at the faire, Diego. Or maybe you'll pickle yourself.

WWII? Must be modern, with that crack in it. The old John Wayne movies were pretty nuts and bolts when it came to dialogue. "Saddle up!" Where's Jill? She watches modern war movies... (The last good war movie I saw was Patton.)

Thats because it were the last good war movie made!

Ok guys...when no one can get your quotes for several days in this thread, you have to fess up and open the floor to new quotes. Otherwise we can't play. (Here's some Kewpie dolls for winning the movie quotes games; celebrate in style tonight.)

doll3sz.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

"They envy my superiority. Bah!" (60s) is from "tonight i'll possess your corpse"

No kiddin'?

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin."

Mission_banner5.JPG

If there are no others on the board . . .

Here's my quote:

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

Pulp Fiction

"You can't go! All the plants are gonna' die!"

"And then, depression set in."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Stripes

One of the 5 movies I owned while in college. :(

"When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker."