Moonlight Lagoon

Christine

That the reason for the delicious red hair, lass?

:lol: *blushing* Yers be quite delicious as well, ye know! :lol:

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol: Now yer face matches yer hair...! And, er, thanks, lass! :o

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Guest SirenSong

Thank you all. My spirits are high just can't get around that well. But on the bright side I did not end up with a Peg Leg :) I could'nt resist that one. Im just very very sore and uncomfortable. Was in the hospital for a week and like to have starved. The starving scared me more than anything else. So as you can tell...Im in high spirits. Just wish my body were My husband walked away with the tip of his elbow broken and with stitches on his elbow and two fingers. A swollen ankle and some road rash. He was driving. The vehicle that hit us missed the bike..it actually hit my leg throwing me off the bike and causing the bike to wobble and finally fall throwing my husband. Im VERY thankful that he was uninjured at least to the severity I was for he has two slipped discs in his lower back and this could have crippled him. So We give thanks for the blessings we have and the lessons we learn. Phil sorry to hear about your accident. Having such an accident as yours or even Morgans tends to put ones life in perspective. And in a whole new light. Im just thankful Im home and Im alive. Again thanks to you all for your well wishes and concerns...Drinks on me..... ;)

Pain-free hugs t' both ye, an' yer mate, then, aye! ;) (((Siren)))Glad t' see ye both okay afta such a tragic accident. Ye both be in me prayers lass! Me heart truly goes out t' ye, fer a speedy recovery.... ;) sounds like ye both were quite lucky indeed, I know about accidents an' back problems t' be sure..jes stay rested, ye'll need yer energy t' fight th' rehab nurses an docs in th'process....they made sure me own recovery from me accident were a painful lot, when I messed up me back!

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

Siren! my goodness lass! Here's to quick your recovery!  :unsure:   :: hugs! ::

:: sits next to Mad Jack and his two empty bottles ::

Hello, love.

Siren ye be a blessing to us all! Could me own be a Guinness? and Fancy lass

nice ta see ya again thar, been a few mostly sadly mates stumblin around here in yer absence.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Guest SirenSong

Whew...Stitches and staples come out tomorrow...It's gonna hurt like bloody hell and I dont relish the sensation..But in places my legs have no feelings still so maybe it wont be to bad. Wish me lots of luck..

SirenSong Posted on May 30 2005, 10:55 AM

Whew...Stitches and staples come out tomorrow...It's gonna hurt like bloody hell and I dont relish the sensation..But in places my legs have no feelings still so maybe it wont be to bad. Wish me lots of luck.. 

No worries, lass... I had no pain, and felt only a bit of pulling... if ya still have worries, or are particularly sensitive to pain, take a couple of the pain meds I'm sure you've been prescribed, about a half hour before ya go in... good luck to ya, Siren!! :ph34r:

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Guest SirenSong

Morgan they took away my pain meds. I am only using Ibuprofen now. Let me tell you..that does not work. :ph34r: But Im a wuss when it comes to pain..And seeing how many they have to take out....Id much relish someone just knocking me out then letting me wake up and they are all gone.

But if I can handle them putting my leg in traction and prodding on it before I had any pain meds I guess I can do this to. *not that I want to* :huh:

Oh well..I guess Ill survive this too. let ya know how it goes tomorrow...

I took the highest amount of imbuprofen ánd paracetamol when i had a back tooth drawn and the bone infected..sometimes they just don't work.

I'll cross my fingers for you that the pain will get less soon, good luck tomorrow!

hero.jpg

Morgan they took away my pain meds. I am only using Ibuprofen now. Let me tell you..that does not work. :( But Im a wuss when it comes to pain..And seeing how many they have to take out....Id much relish someone just knocking me out then letting me wake up and they are all gone.

But if I can handle them putting my leg in traction and prodding on it before I had any pain meds I guess I can do this to. *not that I want to* :(

Oh well..I guess Ill survive this too. let ya know how it goes tomorrow...

Siren lass, the meds be gone but the cabinet with yer liquor, did they lock the cabinet?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Guest SirenSong
:rolleyes: I dont drink. Well occasionally and only light alcohol. They took out all but two sets of stiches and staples. I have to go to my Vascular Doctor to remove those. And it HURT. They had to dig the stitches out cause they were imbedded. Then they put Butterflies over the wounds to help them stay closed. AND I found out not only did they put a pin the full length of my thigh bone..And have my ankle fractured in three placed today they told me I fractured the bone right above my knee as well. And they may have to put pins in my ankle. Ill know more next month after I have been in therapy awhile. Im hoping I can just wake up and find it's all been a bad dream. I hate not being able to walk or run or do what I want to do.

Capt. our good Siren did in fact get 'er bike layed down and is gettin about with much pain. Lets have a beach party and invite the cast! I'll get me hammock and we can carry our Siren down to the lagoon. Pirate Phil would ye entertain carryin our lovely Christine down as 'er back is a tad tight (she won't admit to it but she misses you the most) together we all can celebrate life with a huge fire! Huzzah! Now I'll bring the barrel o Guinness......but where's the rum?

Pirate Phil would ye entertain carryin our lovely Christine down as 'er back is a tad tight (she won't admit to it but she misses you the most) together we all can celebrate life with a huge fire! Huzzah! Now I'll bring the barrel o Guinness......but where's the rum?

Aye, lad - tho' I be mortally wounded, yet would I be a-liftin' me Queen an' schleppin' ... um ... carryin' her ta th' festivities. But then I be leavin' fer other ports. :lol:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

(I cups me hands) PSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT! Phil does they 'ave Guinness thar?

The Guinness doth flow like proverbial well

It's really like Heaven, without any Hell

Where eveyone's beautiful, healthy, and smart

Where never is broken lad or lass's heart

Where Pyrates can plunder to their heart's content

Where swords are all straight, aye, they never get bent

Where treasure is found, more than the Golden Hind

The port that I'm sailing to is in my mind

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

(I cups me hands) PSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT! Phil does they 'ave Guinness thar?

The Guinness doth flow like proverbial well

It's really like Heaven, without any Hell

Where eveyone's beautiful, healthy, and smart

Where never is broken lad or lass's heart

Where Pyrates can plunder to their heart's content

Where swords are all straight, aye, they never get bent

Where treasure is found, more than the Golden Hind

The port that I'm sailing to is in my mind

Aaaarggghhhh! Then Phil ye gots one foot in the pub and the other in the twilight zone! I'll join ya! Guinness if ya please?

*colors swirl, and giant crickets laugh and drink with Rod Sirling, sitting at a candle-lit table in the corner, under the giant toadstool...* :(

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast