Ojai....

Patrick Hand

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one point they roped four Jacks together and paraded them around camp.

I wanted to put four gay guys together and then confront the four Jacks.

Why?

Well, four queens beat four jacks, of course.

B)

P.S. The six pounder is from my group and will be there next weekend. Our person that owns the cannon is in the process of getting it on to a naval carriage and we hope to have that accomplished by next year. However, that's a lot easier said than done.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Actually, you can fabricate a decent naval carriage in a workin' day's time...I had a lot to do with the makin' 'o the carriages aboard Royaliste, and each carriage was pretty much an afternoon creation. The four pound carronades sit on slabs of Purpleheart, and the three pounders are bedded in stacked white oak 3x3's that are thru bolted, period like....It's all in how much the need for said carriage is weighed....Several years back we took three of the carronades to Ojai, and one of the carriages was made in several hours before we loaded them into Raul's truck......

..On another tack, after hearing of the auction results, on behalf of Captains and crew, a tremendous pyrat thank you for all of the time, effort, and generosity you've shown over helpin' resolve the winter's camamity. The auctions proceeds will go directly to the haulout fund for the coming repair effort after the shoot for 'The Privateer' is over. Specifically, the Captain earmarked the swag to cover the Travelift cost to pick up the ship, and place her on the hard. We'll keep you updated, but once again, many thanks on another job well done in the pirate community...just like the old days, says I......

"Meet my Raven, his name is 'Death', and he's hungry"

:lol:B) I got the Durty part right, and I swear, the D thing was a typo. Honest!

**Hands Durty Mick Moon my personal flogger** But, I'll take me punishment, suh. Do your worst.

B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

It was really great meeting you all! I have a few pics and such I'll post later....Anyone going for another weekend? I'm going to try and make it out on Sunday I think. I'm enjoying my Patrick "Handmade" knife I won in the auction...and for a good cause as well!! :rolleyes:

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I got the Durty part right, and I swear, the D thing was a typo. Honest!

**Hands Durty Mick Moon my personal flogger** But, I'll take me punishment, suh. Do your worst.

:rolleyes:

Flogging might relieve the anger, but a bottle of rum would do more for forgiveness I suspect, if'n I remember Durty Mick Moon correctly.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye!, now there be a right brilliant idea from a no doubt spectacular mind! ....well said Ms. Pearl ...a little Zacapa 23 year old (but the Pyrat Reserve does as well. it does) goes a long ways towards making the world a might better place to subsist in I tell ya... n maybe ye might like to share a wee dram with meself some lucky day, eh Ms. Pearl? oh, Ransom........ are ye listenin........?

as fer punishment I maybe 'ave a more....shall we say "interesting" idea 'stead o floggin'.....ho ho ho ho ho

Well, I MAY be up on Sunday... the verdict is still out on that one being that I have a dreadful cold at the moment. (sniff, cough, cough)

S'cuse me. :rolleyes:

But believe me..... it was well worth it!! :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Chain Shot James (Chainy), me better half. He thought he looked more like a moonshiner than a pirate. But it was his first event, so we're still working on his garb.

100_1274.jpg

Moonshiner??

(chuckle) You say that like it was a BAD thing! :rolleyes:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

AYE! Petee!!! Can't wait for the weekend!! Driving down on Friday to set up the camp with the crew.

Hope you do make it Bess! Be sure to stop and visit. Lisa would love to see you and CowBoy will be there too!

In fact I hope to see any folks from here in our encampment.

We'll have Pirates of Harbor Bay signage but we'll be easy to find for most. We will be right where Tales was last weekend.

Great to hear it was a grand time!

It'll be a blast this weekend too! So come belly up to the bar or have a seat at our table for a game of chance... stop by pose for a picture.

And be sure to catch one of our shows. The Monkey will be there again! :rolleyes:

I'm there all weekend.

**Just a note to all: After this weekend in Ojai I am quitting PoTC group due to the heavy handed politics and crap from the parent group Biggins.

I love all the people in PoTC, but the junk from Biggins is more than I want to deal with anymore. :rolleyes:

Actually, you can fabricate a decent naval carriage in a workin' day's time...I had a lot to do with the makin' 'o the carriages aboard Royaliste, and each carriage was pretty much an afternoon creation. The four pound carronades sit on slabs of Purpleheart, and the three pounders are bedded in stacked white oak 3x3's that are thru bolted, period like....It's all in how much the need for said carriage is weighed....Several years back we took three of the carronades to Ojai, and one of the carriages was made in several hours before we loaded them into Raul's truck......

..On another tack, after hearing of the auction results, on behalf of Captains and crew, a tremendous pyrat thank you for all of the time, effort, and generosity you've shown over helpin' resolve the winter's camamity. The auctions proceeds will go directly to the haulout fund for the coming repair effort after the shoot for 'The Privateer' is over. Specifically, the Captain earmarked the swag to cover the Travelift cost to pick up the ship, and place her on the hard. We'll keep you updated, but once again, many thanks on another job well done in the pirate community...just like the old days, says I......

And Iron Bess deserves a major THANK YOU for procuring so much Disney swag to the cause.

And it looks like a lot of us caught that same cold (*cough*cough*) - like Iron Bess said, it was worth it.

RHJMap.jpg

Aye, Red Jamie's "ship" comes to berth today from the Florida keys, which gives us a few days to gather provisions and set sail this weekend with Pirate Petee and the rest of our scallywag friends. We shall enjoy the Ojai docks for the entire weekend, in fact no rushing out on sunday afternoon since we all took the followin' monday off.

Aye!, now there be a right brilliant idea from a no doubt spectacular mind! ....well said Ms. Pearl ...a little Zacapa 23 year old (but the Pyrat Reserve does as well. it does) goes a long ways towards making the world a might better place to subsist in I tell ya... n maybe ye might like to share a wee dram with meself some lucky day, eh Ms. Pearl? oh, Ransom........ are ye listenin........?

as fer punishment I maybe 'ave a more....shall we say "interesting" idea 'stead o floggin'.....ho ho ho ho ho

:( Why, suh, what could be more interesting than rum and a floggin'?

And Bess, moonshiner was Chain Shot's description of himself, not mine. Maybe we need to tart up his hat a bit? And I promised to make him a coat before our next event. Anyway, I thought he made a rather handsome pirate, especially after he put on the sash he won at the auction. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

And Iron Bess deserves a major THANK YOU for procuring so much Disney swag to the cause.

And it looks like a lot of us caught that same cold (*cough*cough*) - like Iron Bess said, it was worth it.

I wish it could have been even more.... the cause was heart felt and down right important to so many of us.... B)

As fer the colds.... yeah, t'was all well worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! :(

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Which Jack is that? Was that Brandon?

Anyone know?

Looks like Eric, the Jack often seen outside Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.

One of the better Jacks out there, IMHO.

I believe he said he based his Jack off of studies of Johnny and Ace. :(

I'll be there (Pirates O' Harbor Bay) from Friday night 'til sometime Monday, so plenty o' time for everyone to stop by, hang out an' have some rum with us.

Be sure to catch our stage shows, too. Th' damn Monkey will even be there.

Sig.jpg

I wish it could have been even more.... the cause was heart felt and down right important to so many of us.... :(

As fer the colds.... yeah, t'was all well worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! B)

Ah, 'Bess, For sure a very special thanks, but also you,Jill,'Quill, ...heck, evryone in our extended pirate family, once again, thank you from a very deepfeltpart of our hearts for the continued support of this floating pirate adventure. Instilling fantasy in youngsters, and role playing in adults is as important to us as teaching maritime history. without our extended family, we are next to nothing....it takes a pirate village,eh?

...now, pictures...more pictures..it be harrrd to live vi-cariously without pictures......

B)

Gary - Check out the TO7S forum for our pics. And there's more to come!

It's too bad you couldn't make it - the afternoon black powder shindig after the battle was a blast (both literally and figuratively!) Lots of bangs 'n booms punctuated by maniacal laughter. And it was great to see Raul!

RHJMap.jpg

I kinda had to wonder about firing off the cannons as it started to rain on Saturday. They did seem kind muffled.

Course later on in the day when it wasn't raining the big Howitzer cannon was shot off and the boom went right through me as I passed by on the road on my scooter.

The sky opened up RIGHT as we were prepping our cannons on Saturday. We put rocks or bits of wood over the touch holes and tried our best to keep our quills dry. Even so, a couple of times it took more than one try to fire one of our cannons.

The big cannon was fired after we were done playing later that afternoon. It's really something to be next to it when it goes off - even with earplugs.

RHJMap.jpg

The big howizter is our 6 pounder cannon. The tube weighs close to 1,000 pounds and it's firing 8 oz of blackpowder with each shot.

The crew loves to talk about cannon, so please come on by if you are interested.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!