Ojai....

Patrick Hand

We'll probably be scrambling around on Friday afternoon and evening, but some of the camps may have something going on. And feel free to hang out in our camp either Saturday or Sunday.

Hey... if you really want to initiate Chain Shot, have him volunteer for our reenactment of California history.... :lol: (Hint: it will involve a boat.)

RHJMap.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, if it involves a boat, I'll volunteer us both. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Hopefully there will be LOTS of pictures!

Well with out the Wench auction this year...... hey.... the more pictures the better..........

I should be getting into Ojai, about 7:00 ish...... Friday night is just kinda register and set-up..... and then drink a bit....... <_<

I'll be there with the Pirates of Harbor Bay on the second weekend.

Well be doing stage shows and on going performances in our encampment.

Sorry Mr. Eye but I will not be doing Capt'n Jack's Voo Doo Shack this year, besides looks like you will be there the other weekend. Vending means being stuck in a booth...not as much fun as being on the loose!

Can't make the first weekend as we are performing at the Northern Faire at Casa.

After our shows at the Nor Cal Pirate Fest... we are way too booked up.

Can't be in more than one place at a time! :ph34r:

Sorry we'll miss you Iron Bess! If you do make it for some reason you know where to find shade and a seat at our bar.... oh ok...you can sit in the treasure throne instead...geeez :lol:

Sorry we'll miss you Iron Bess!  If you do make it for some reason you know where to find shade and a seat at our bar.... oh ok...you can sit in the treasure throne instead...geeez  :lol:

Well.... if'n I am still functioning after being at Ojai all day Saturday, driving back to Burbank and singing all night at Enchanted Deva's for our CD party... the first weekend is pretty much shot for me I think.

I may try to come back up for the second weeks end since I have a-plenty of mates with encampments.

Hmmmm.... Watch yer purse Pirate... you never know :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It would be grand to see you Bess if you do make it to the second weekend. But I understand if you don't. I have 5 weekends in a row booked and I am in crunch mode until January at work...gotta love the video game industry

We will be playing quite hard!

Pirates of Harbor Bay will be joined by:

The Crew of the Dirty Rotten Oar

Several members of St. Gregory's guild

And a few members of other groups that can't make the first weekend

To all our mates here on the pub & you KNOW who you are... ya better come find our encampment (it's looking more and more like bits of a salvaged shipwreck).

And we will be doing a couple of stage shows a day, but I don't have the schedule yet. So if you missed Maynard the Talking Monkey at last years afterhours show.... ya better git yer arrrrrrse to a show of ours :lol:

Does everyone have their lodging arrangements already made? I just found out that the person I anticipated splitting a hotel room with most likely won't be joining me after all . . . which rather leaves me up the proverbial creek. Of course, I have not actually made reservations yet (was waiting on confirmation of flakey mate) . . . suppose there's even anything left or am I going to be driving back to LA on Saturday night?

Anyone have any thoughts on this (other than a slap upside the head to get my business together further in advance next year)? :blink:

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

Rumba: :lol:

I do own a tent. It's a nice, modern LLBean 4-person. I didn't think LLBean started manufacturing tents until later in the 18th century, though :lol:

I've never been to this event. Can anyone tell me how camping usually works? I mean, there is a link on the Gold Coast Festivals site to the Lake Casitas Campground - do you know whether lots of people camp there, or do people just set up in/around their own encampment?

Rumba, I'm going to bombard you and everyone else with questions at Oceanside ;) Get ready.

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

There's a camping area just outside of the faire entrance for those folks with modern tents, trailers and such who aren't staying overnight in the encampments. There are porta-potties nearby if memory serves, but no running water.

I recommend arriving during the day, since the gate is hard to see at night. If you're on the gatelist as a member of a guild, check in at the registration desk and get your paper bracelet. The faire is to the left and the camp area is to the right of the registration area.

RHJMap.jpg

First: You can't bathe in the Lake. It's a reseviour lake for LA drinking water. You can run your gasoline guzzle, pollution spewing motor boat on the lake, but you cannot swim in it.

Second: There is a fee for camping outside the faire in the campgrounds. The fees are based on the amenities of your campsite. Here is a link to the campground information.

Lake Casitas Recreation Area

Third: There is showers available for a fee at the Marina. The Marina is located down the campground road from the Group Site which is where the faire is located.

Hope this helps,

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Can't swim in the lake?! Wow, I am disillusioned. Okay, fine.

Poo, a fee to shower? I would rather be dirty and keep me gold in me pockets where it belongs.

Okay, I think I'll call and find out whether there are any basic pads left.

Again, many thanks for all the tips!

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

Right outside the front gate you'll see lots of parking and people who have motorhomes and such, that's where I'll be probably along with Kent and others from POTC - go down the road till you see the picnic table on the left and that's usually where we plop down for the weekend. Yes we've even set up our tent out there too. It's much quieter there than trying to sleep in the party/sex zone inside the camping ground for participants.

Rumba

:D Yowzah!

Thanks, Rumba! Spoke to Cap'n Kent about it and he patted me on the head and calmed me down and I think I'm all good to go now. Yay, camping!

Someday I'm just going to have to make a nice (collapsible) canvas wedge tent so I can sleep in the encampment :D

Avast, ye scurvy dog!

party/sex zone

:ph34r:

:unsure::ph34r: Does it cost extra to stay in that section?

Kinda glad I got a motel room. I like a shower at the end of the day, and I'm a little too long in the tooth to want to camp on the ground. Been there, done that.

BTW, thanks Jill for the invite to your camp. Chain Shot and I will be sure to come by and say hello, meet everyone, and enjoy the shade!

Just e-mailed a friend of mine who lives in Thousand Oaks that I'll be in Ojai that weekend. We haven't seen each other in 17 years, so he's going to come to the event so we can meet up after all this time. Just one more kewl thing to look forward to. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

the party/sex zone inside the camping ground for participants.

Be thar any authenticity rules?

:unsure:

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

the party/sex zone inside the camping ground for participants.

Be thar any authenticity rules?

:ph34r:

-Greydog

:unsure::ph34r::ph34r: Period-correct birth control?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Just one more kewl thing to look forward to.
BTW, thanks Jill for the invite to your camp.

Nah... th' coolist thang....... be yew gets ter finaly meet me...... B)

(well I be in the Tales O' th' Seven Seas camp also......[too bad we don't have a funny "poutie smilley.... be kinda funny right here])

Well unless I be takin' a nap...... but that picture be in the You and yer garb thread.......... B)

Hummmmmm. that kindasorta made sence........... B)

OK... drink some more Rum..... then read it again...... It be in code.... an' ye need th' right translation kinda thing.......... B)

Or somefin like that.............

YAY.... Ojai.......... B)