Ojai....

Patrick Hand

OOOoooooo...thankeee...

very nice.. I see many I know :D

YA Pirates... :lol:

an no mud! woohoo! ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful stuff mate....

Are they custom or still for sale?

Sorry, I could find no pricing for what I was inteerested in. :lol:

custom and semi customs but everything they have is forsale. I get to make alot of cool stuff and ship it to Brady at Age of Chivalry and they sell it for me :)

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

I got to meet Rumba Rue at the event, she is really a first class lady all around and it was a joy to have my albiet short discussion with her.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I got home LATE last night to find my computer had gone belly-up. So it will be a bit before my pics are posted. I did manage to get a shot of Patt napping... :ph34r:

Red CAt - there was a wee bit of mud here and there, particularly behind some of the camps. Made setting up the camp pretty interesting, I'll tell ya!

In spite of the rain on Friday and Saturday we had a great time! We even managed a cannon battle - even when the sky opened up RIGHT as we were getting the cannons ready. And they hadn't mentioned that for this battle, we were supposed to be overrun and die gloriously. So right before my death scene, I found myself frantically looking for a more grassy area to fall down onto so I wouldn't be covered in mud. I was fairly successful, but you could definitely tell who were the victors in the battle from their mud-free garb. Heh.

And thanks to everyone who stopped by our camp! Ransom and her husband Chain Shot flew down and joined our merry little band for the weekend. They were terrific - they even stayed late on Sunday to help us take down our camp! (And Ransom got a beautiful cutlass as a gift from Chain Shot - battle-ready, even!) And Durty Mick Moon stopped by on Saturday and spent Sunday with us - I didn't know this, but he was one of the folks who had gotten one of my rum cakes at our auction a couple of years ago. He got one this time, as well. And it was great to finally meet Rumba, Kenneth and Jacky Tar! And Oderless Eye and Arthur of Kent again this year! Iron Bess hung out with us when she wasn't performing. She sang some tunes with Tortuga Kate, a TO7S member and has a really wonderful voice - they sounded terrific together!

And speaking of rum cake, I had been asked to make one for the POTC cast who were there to sign autographs. I didn't realise that it had been a special request from them (from Vince Lozano particularly); apparently, they had some of the cake I had brought to the NorCal faire and wanted more. Ransom told me that she overheard one of them saying, "This is the best cake I've EVER had!"

I'm sorry we couldn't bring our boat - we were looking forward to knocking people unconscious and shanghaing them, but it was, alas, not in the cards...

RHJMap.jpg

aye, red handed Jill and the Tales of the Seven Seas be a first class outfit all the way...ifn ye gets the chance to meet up with them they be some o the finest pirates ye'll ere be meetin....the next mornin I be 'avin me own hangover and blurriness due to the vast consumption o Jill's rum cake the eve before (course the shot or two or so I be avin along with it probably contributed)....ouch, but it be so tasty.... ye can just stick a straw in it and suck out the rum if ye likes, no wonder Ms. Jill be walkin round with a twinkle in 'er eye....

'eres only a few pics I took, more when I can figure out this damn camera....cheers mates :lol: :

virginwenchesforsale.jpg

Them be virgin wenches for sale, alas me silver were depleted

TalesfotheSevenSeas.jpg

Tales o the Seven Seas, as fine a crew as ye'll find

RedHandedJill.jpg

Red Handed Jill herself

Ransomandhermate.jpg

Ransom n her mate, a fine gent

ojai20071.jpg

n me own self, the very picure o sobriety I is

durtymickmoonshadow.jpg

I be frequently checkin me shadow to sees if I were up or down

I be postin more later.....

I really sad I can't make it this year. :lol: I'm still moving things into my new place. BTW is there anyone here who lives in Southern California and has a truck or access to one that can help me move who isn' going the pirate faire next weekend?

There are only a few items left and only heavy one. I'm getting a bit deaparte since my 60 day notice is coming up on Sunday. I'll give gas money. Please help this pirate get into her new pirate haven!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Ojai.... Saturday was fantastic...... but because Saturday was so fantastic..... Sunday was....kinda ...... well blurry.....(breastessssss yay..... but that is something compleatly different....)

It's always fun ter meet th' other Pyrates out thar.... (just don't ask me ter name any O' them...hey... I be terrible at names....)

But Woh.... I had a great tyme on Saturday............ :lol:

Kinda one th' fun parts O' th' Pub tho....... we type at each other....and then get to see them in kinda person........ coool......(well way cool.....)

'Though I was only able t' visit wit' pubbers on Saturday, these are a few members I saw...

Patrick Hand, is the go t' guy fer makin' just 'bout anything! He is generous an happily shares wot he knows wit' others.

Red-Handed Jill, Jack an the pirates from the Tales o' the Seven Seas, hav the friendliest encampment ye would ever want t' visit. They greet ye, brand ye, an put on quite a black powder show (even in the rain)! Also, they are generous, kind, an held an auction wit' lot's o' plunder fer auction (t' support the Royalist).

Durty Mick Moon, he does look like Long John Silver an casts a very long shadow.

Rumba, she has competition in the trick my motorized chair category. Rumba has quite an impressive ride, wit' Dead Fred on the bow; however, I saw another sportin' a mermaid on her bow.

Ransom, wit' her mate Chain Shot were present an accounted fer; I was fortunate enough t' spend most o' the day wit' them. Ransom it seems had a bad case o' happy feet, an could be found dancin' anytime music was present (Who knew?).

Kenneth, who has a personality wit' out caffine, an is well on his way t' bein' a splendid pirate.

Oderlesseyes, an his charmin celtic bride, who made off wit' a bit o' plunder from the auction, as well.

Iron Bess, I'd be remiss, if I didn't mention Herself. Whom I only saw briefly after she tried t' knock me down; 'course Herself didn't hav her sword drawn this time.

There is still time t' share in this event, as the event runs this weekend as well. Alas, the rain an a few o' us will not be there.

Still trying to knock out this cold that I came down with last Thursday....I've taken LOTS of zinc and it seems to have held it at bay somewhat, but not completely gone. Hopefully by this coming weekend I'll be better.

Anyway, I had a great time and as soon as I get pictures downloaded I'll share with all. :rolleyes:

Iron Bess, I'd be remiss, if I didn't mention Herself. Whom I only saw briefly after she tried t' knock me down; 'course Herself didn't hav her sword drawn this time.

(chuckle) M'lad.... I wasn't half trying! :rolleyes:

T'was good to see you though. You ought to come back up this Sunday and find the McNeil encampment. Music and song and fun and dancing and... and....

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Whew, back from Ojai at last. Got home around 8:30 last night — bone tired but with a schooner load of grand memories and fun!

To Tales of the Seven Seas, WOW, you couldn't find a better band of bretheran. They welcomed Chain Shot and myself as if we were long lost relatives. By the end of the weekend, we felt as if we'd known them for years, instead of just days. Chainy and I have found our pirate home, to be sure.

Here is a list of those from the Pub that I met. If I've left your name off, apologies.

Red Hand Jill — Aye, the rum cake lived up to it's reputation indeed! She also made me a gift of a personal flogger, which came it quite handy on many occations!

Patrick Hand — A most friendly and talented pirate. I don't think there is anything the man can't make, and is willing to share that knowledge with anyone.

Iron Bess — Needs no explaining from me. Tis herself, after all! A grand pirate.

Rumba Rue — Yes, her scooter did have a bit of compitition, but Dead Fred still be my favorite.

Arthur Richards of Kent — A fine gent, who shared a taste of some fine wine with me on Saturday night. Alas, I could not join his group in the Inn hot tub, as I hadn't brought me bathing suit.

OderlessEye and his wife — Was fun to meet the pirate we tormented in TPHSB with a giant spider. Being the generous pirate he is, he bid and won a basket full of bath goodies for his mate.

Durty Mick Moon — A very fine pirate who does look like his signature, and who understands the need to let your inner child come out to play, expecially when that child happens to be a pirate.

Kenneth and Hand Cannon Chris — We had a brief chat while looking at swords, daggars, and such.

Jacky Tar — Ah, Luv, what a time we had, laughing and strolling among the booths, as if we'd known each other for years. You're even more of a darlin' now I've met you, than you were before. And, okay, yeah, I do have a serious case of happy feet when the music starts! :rolleyes:

I did see Gray Dog, but never got a chance to speak to him. Sorry mate, I'll try harder next time.

So, If any of you can steal the time away, head for Ojai. I had more fun than I can say, and can't wait to go back next year.

As soon as I get them down-loaded, I'll post pictures. I took tons, mostly on Sunday.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

As promised, here are some pics.

Patrick Hand, myself, and Jacky Tar — better company a pirate lass couldn't ask for!100_1140.jpg

Cannon smoke. Most of those you see on the fireing line are members of Tales of the Seven Seas.

100_1239.jpg

Patrick Hand, after a long weekend of piratin'.

100_1179.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

More Pics.

At the Tales encampment, they did a bit of "branding." There were lots o' pirates walking around with "P" stamped on various parts of their person!

100_1171.jpg

Chain Shot James (Chainy), me better half. He thought he looked more like a moonshiner than a pirate. But it was his first event, so we're still working on his garb.

100_1274.jpg

The awesome singing group Pirate Charles, who performed in front of our encampment for over a half an hour. Most of us came home with at least one of their CDs.

100_1218.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Durty Mick Moon

100_1267.jpg

Billy Beach (or Beech, I'm not sure how he spells it.)

100_1181.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

B)B) Oops. It were a typo. It be corrected now!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Regarding the "branding" - Elizabeth had her hands full branding the people who came to our camp. As soon as the first few folks made their way around the faire with a "P" brand on their person, the word got out like wildfire and she almost couldn't keep up with the demand. She had to leave early on Sunday and after some debate, took the branding equipment with her. Folks kept coming by our camp because their brand washed off or their friend sent them over - they were heartbroken when they couldn't get branded...

Kind of reminds me of a couple of years ago when TO7S invaded the Northern California Ren Faire. We had a stack of tattoos, a bucket of water and a sponge to apply them. However, some of our more dashing young men had a more novel way of applying the tattoos - with their tongues. They were much in demand and during the course of the weekend we kept seeing more and more happy women wearing our tattoos.

RHJMap.jpg

Here is one that just cracks me up.

Jack Sparrow oversees negotiations between Queen Bess, Drake, and the defeated Spanish Embassador. Talk about culture shock! Now, if I could just figure out how to get that kid's bald head out of the picture, it would be perfect. B)

100_1264.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Here is one that just cracks me up.

Jack Sparrow helps negotiations between Queen Bess, Drake, and the defeated Spanish Embassador. Now, if I could just figure out how to get that kid's bald head out of the picture, it would be perfect. B)

100_1264.jpg

And who knew that Elizabethan courtiers used digital cameras?... B)

RHJMap.jpg