Ojai....

Patrick Hand

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baring our house going into escrow, which at this point seems unlikely, my husband and I are planning to attend. We want to know which weekend most of the Pub pirates will be there, as for us it's a plane trip from Grants Pass, OR down to Oxnard, then a motel room for the weekend. Anyone in the area know an inexpensive (relatively) motel close to the event?

Any info would be helpful. The last time I was in Ojai, was in the early 70's! It's probably changed a bit since then. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'll be there the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd.

They first Saturday for SURE with the TOT7S... (generously offering me shade and a place to drop my chair)... and a big *MAYBE.*..) on Sunday with a few fellow PRP's but I doubt it since I have to sing that evening with POnP in Burbank. (Pout and much dirt kicking) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Okay, after checking airfairs, it became real clear, real fast that Sept 22-23 is the weekend we'll be coming down.

Discovered it's a lot cheaper to fly into Ontario than LAX. Since we'd have to rent a car anyway, it saves us several hundred dollars to drive a little further.

Found a Motel 6 only 12 miles away from the event, in Camarillo, so that's cool.

So, things are looking good for 22-23. :wub:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

It seems as if most of the out-of-town groups will be there the first weekend, since that was historically the one weekend they held Ojai (this two-weekend setup is new to this year.)

Patt, Iron Bess and myself will be there the first weekend. If you decide to come down that weekend, stop by the Tales of the Seven Seas camp and ask for me - I'll give you a hand-made personal flogger.

Those of us staying in hotels stay at the Oakridge Inn, which is the closest place to the faire. You should make your reservations soon, though...

RHJMap.jpg

Thanks, Jill, for the tip on the Oakridge Inn. Looks fine, and not that much more than the Motel 6. I like that it has the continental breakfast. At Port Washington, that really came in handy not having to worry about paying extra for breakfast.

Flogger! I'll get a flogger! Now I GOTTA go! :wub:

Chain Shot and I are looking forward to meeting everyone.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well since I'm doing Guild Mistress for both weekends there for Pirates of Treasure Cove, you'll be sure to see me!

Our group is now very easy to find as we are right next to the stage at the front when you come in the gate. We also have the coolest spot in the whole faire (I swear!), so if you don't see me riding around on my scooter with Dead Fred, then I'll be in camp. Our camp is open (no ropes anywhere) and all are welcome to come in.

We have goodies to give to the kids and maybe reading some stories to the kids if we get enough of them.

:rolleyes:;););););););););););)

Ok... Eye was plannin the last week-end but now we moved it up to the first week-end... (SAT>) Eye look fowward to seein the whole lot of ye!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

That's when I first visited GP - when they still had signs on the Calif/Oregon border that read "Oregon is a nice place to visit, but please don't stay." Kinda why their economy tanked. They're more open minded now. LOL

I'm originally from Riverside - home of No Quarter Given!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

there ye be then Mateys a right fine safe harbor for which few bodies of water be safer in this local then. We be there doing our thing enhancing the patrons experience shall we call it? Please look fer the right nice flag our William Red Wake made for the guild and stop on by and say yo ho. The guild of pirates founded right here on this here world reknowned pub ..... You are all welcome to stop by and say hey and feel welcome doing so you will find the Pirates of Treasure Cove is under the trees right beind the first stage. Huzzah!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

Is there anything going on Friday night, the 21, or does most everything start on Saturday? Not sure when we'll get to the Oakridge Inn on Friday evening, but in case we get there early enough, I was just curious if there was a "meet up" anywhere.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Bound to be something going on Friday evening, but mostly it's set up of camp. Course since most camps will already be in place from the previous week, there shouldn't be a whole lot to do. But nothing is stopping you from coming in on Friday, but not sure how late the gate will be open.

Boats and I are sleeping in our minivan, we'll be parked in the lot sort of near the front gate.

Looks like we'll be in Ojai Friday evening, but still not sure what time. Chain Shot is at the travel agents, even as I write, so I won't know exact times until he calls me back.

He got lucky and got Monday off, so we can stay all day Sunday as well.

Both of us are new to the pirate inter-acting with the public stuff. I did a very small bit of impromptu work at Port Washington, usually with little kids. (Offered to trade hats with some of them - got no takers LOL)

For Chain Shot, this will be his first pirate event ever, and his kit is minimal, since we weren't sure we were even going to be able to get the time off. Be kind. :lol:

Since we're flying in, we can't bring much, but would be willing to lend a hand once we get there. Just point us in the right direction.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg