Pyrate Con 2008

Bosun Carmina

With so many away, don't you think it's a good time for a mutiny on the pub? I loves a good mutiny I do...

-- Hurricane

Mutiny, ye say? For what reasons would ye want to mutiny? Are you doing so because you want to be named Captain? By all means then, sir, try yer hand at mutiny. For I am only a simple able-bodied seaman and will perform me duties for whomever the crew elects. Yer more than welcome to assume all the duties, headaches, politics, dealing with hackers that come with the running of this ship. ;)

Nay, lass. I would never stand for leading any motley band of rogues that I can't actually wrap my two hands around their miserable necks. Thankfully, I have me hands full enough with the Pyrates -- took eight new recruits out last night for their first adventures -- gotta loves those $10 all the beer you can drink nights here.

I just loves a good mutiny and will vote for it at every turn. Come to think of it, I think that's why me own crewe keeps me their captain, knowing that I would turn on any of them who aspired to be captain in my stead...

It's hard to control politics properly without being able to run someone through or simply rap them on the skull with a belaying pin. . . now, if we could only figure that out on the Pub. Hey, wait, I'd be one of the first to have his head split open...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

It's hard to control politics properly without being able to run someone through or simply rap them on the skull with a belaying pin. . . now, if we could only figure that out on the Pub. Hey, wait, I'd be one of the first to have his head split open...

Now THAT I be with ye on.

Indeed. Tough t' serve out as a ::cough:: "proper" pirate Captain when ye can't pull off th' punishments that ye SOOO desire t' do. Keel haul, hang from the yard arm, and as ye said the belayin' pin to th' skull, etc.

The other part is FINDING the able-bodied crew willing, able and wanting to pirate. Lots o' folks out there who adore piracy, but many of them not willing and wanting. A very few minority are unable. Granted unable in one area of expertise but not in th' other.

Eager t' hear about these new recruits, Hurricane. Now... can they handle their rum an' other liqueurs well?

Blackbead. I hope I can make it next year then since I missed out this year.

So, plans are being made already to make it down there.

Which Hotel do you recommend, mate?

I hear plans are already in the works for next year.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

So true, so true. Many are called, but few are chosen in the trade, I find. I've seen more than half the ranks turn to honest pursuits while those who have a truly black heart remain. The new recruits did well. The pub was briefly overtaken by a mob of drunk revelers from aboard a booze cruise bus. The newbies dove right in tossing beads, posing for photos and working the crows. Our articles are very strict on public drunkenness, but even on their initial outing, they were grand and not over libated. As for meself, the barmaids were amazed I went through four pitchers of astoundingly bad beer. Tasted like swill it did. Thank god for a stout liver and the promise of transplants on the horizon.

paiges12.jpg

The new wenches (from left to right... Deadly Aim, Siren, Stormy (Diosa), Bailey and Port (far right, Sheila and Red Handed Jill are old hands at this).

paiges13.jpg

The new mates (from left to right... Starboard, Coastie and Dangerous (then me, Bootleg and Mizzen, the old hands).

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

paiges12.jpg

The new wenches (from left to right... Deadly Aim, Siren, Stormy (Diosa), Bailey and Port (far right, Sheila and Red Handed Jill are old hands at this).

I think you missed one . . .?

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Intreguing crew, Hurricane.

To all those who attended PyrateCon, curious to see pictures and better yet a sound off to know ye made it back to home port in one piece. ;)

Would LOVE t' hear yo'r stories, too.

I've heard one story (albeit a small one) already from a lass who was down there this past weekend, where she saw a Barbossa step off the elevator then a Jack step off and Jack screamed at him "Where's me ship!?" Then the Barbossa turned around and screamed at him "Where's my charts!?" and the both of them argued for a wee while.

Hehehe... cute!

I heard the PotC Interactive was canceled?!?

~Lady B

:blink:

I made it back with just a few hallucinations in the wee hours of the morning drive.

It's funny how a 4 lane highway can turn into just 1 lane.

I got home around 5am. Slept for about 5 hours and I'm back to work.

PyrateCon photos.....more to come!

Great photos, Perkeo. Thanks for uploading them. Did you or anyone go to the Auction? I made a donation and wondered who won my items. I can't wait to see more photos! Deanna

Missed that last plank walkin'? Well, don't worry mate, get one of these here hidden clocks. Pin it on, flip it down and be right on time to see that scurvy dog go down!

Pillagers%20badge1.JPGwww.ClipClocks.com Many themes to choose from!

pics will be up soon

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Made it home safe and sound just now. A few pictures are up on our myspace.

I will post a lot more once I catch some much needed Z'sssss

Great seeing alot of you and who I missed I will catch next time.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Awesome pictures, Perkeo. ;) Eager t' hear yo'r stories.

I see ye got a pic of Bilgemunky and Scuttle Sally. Saw one of Greg (the Barbossa ye happened t' capture. each pic I see of him, I don't see Jo, though). Cascabel be there as well.

Good Lord, ye look like ya had a grand time, shipmate.

LOL.. yes, "business" cards are rather a good thing. :) But one gets use to it.. being halted for piccies. LOL... rather fun, too.

Saw quite a few awesome pictures of folks who attended over on Keep To The Code.

Can't wait for Rumba to return to see the pictures she has and hear her stories.

Matt, I'll have t' swing by the MySpace page tomorrow.

Keep th' piccies coming, mates!

~Lady B

:D

PirateCon pics 2008

Birth Day celebration at Hobnobbers Inn

The best week end of my life~~

LadyBarbossa

Thar be two Barbossa pics in MySpace Pics fer ye..

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

To one and all - pics will be forthcoming (I'll sift through the 150 or so and put up only the ones that are good) and stories will be passed about for all to hear but this morning, as I head back into the salt mine, I wanted to thank all of those who had anything to do with PyrateCon 2008 and that includes those who were the paying attendees. I had an incredible time and I am looking forward with great anticipation to next year's event!

I heard a lot of buzz about changing hotels and looking for one that has a large enough room for ALL of the vendors to be in one place without having to charge both arms and one leg for the rooms. But there are LOTS of hotel rooms in New Orleans and not all of them have to be at the venue. We'll see . . . but for now, it's just after seven bells on the morning watch and time for me to go topside. More to come!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

awesoem pics there Grace!! Glad ta have ya home with your crew, safe and sound and all your limbs on ya.

I see ya got to take pics of Rumba and Jamaica, and yes, Perkeo in the white furry hat.. Scarlett is there, too. Incredible photos I may say!!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I see ya got to take pics of Rumba and Jamaica, and yes, Perkeo in the white furry hat.. Scarlett is there, too. Incredible photos I may say!!

Aye! Plenty of wonderful pirates!

I have to admit, the funniest moment happened when I was wandering through the French Quarter with a friend from CA and a gentleman (and I use the term loosely here) walked up to us and asked why we were dressed as Yuppie Vikings!

:ph34r:

I have to admit, the funniest moment happened when I was wandering through the French Quarter with a friend from CA and a gentleman (and I use the term loosely here) walked up to us and asked why we were dressed as Yuppie Vikings!

:ph34r:

OMG.....

Sounds like someone from the Team Disney Building. :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Lady Barbossa, I was with Jo and Greg most of the weekend, there are pictures of them in this batch!

Photos

What a blast!

Capn' Heather Molly Margaret Campbell

Cap'n of the Gangrene, Smugglin' Queen

Kansas City Skull and Crossbones

www.myspace.com/kcskullandcrossbones

www.myspace.com/galleonsandgold

http://rengeek77.renspace.com

Okay, I think that's it...for now.

Perkeo in the white furry hat.. too. 

I love my thrum cap. I got to educate a lot people about it all weekend. The pyrate next to me is my buddy Grizz.

We both had a great time and looking forward to next year.

Great pics every one.

I still have more pics coming as soon as I can track down Grizz. :o

Aye now ...This is education!

l_e1a4e9c4594a92d1d8f334bd9758cc2c.jpg

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Yuppie Vikings? :huh: Good Lord.

Ooo... thank ye Captn H! :)

I saw some piccies of Jo and Greg on their MySpace albums. Hahaha... I have to admit, the most hilarious of Jo's... was her and Scarlett Harlot with Jo nearly "buried" in SH's bossom. Poor lass!

And of Greg... it was a toss up of him and the other Barbossa looking surprised and terrified at the same time!

Great images of them both.

Hahaha! Gregbosa? Oh, interesting nickname! Shark coming out of the neck? :huh:

Coolies! I see a couple familiar faces in some pictures. :)

Again, thank ye, H! Tis brilliant! B)

Oh my God! :huh:

That is hilarious, Pearl! :huh:

Perkeo... I have to admit... you can NOT be lost in the crowd when you wear that hat. :huh:

Hahaha... education?!? Of what? The locals and tourists on how wild and wicked we pirates be? :huh: I think we prove that time and time again. :huh::huh::huh:

Keep 'em comin', mates! Lovin' this!

~Lady B

:huh:

PirateCon pics 2008

Birth Day celebration at Hobnobbers Inn

The best week end of my life~~

LadyBarbossa

Thar be two Barbossa pics in MySpace Pics fer ye..

Didn't realize that was you taken pictures of us sunday evening. Wish I could have introduced myself.

I got back home to Maryland to Tiger Lee at my shop. We both looked over your pictures and Tiger shared some stories about you. All friendly.

I esp. love the pictures on page 7. Handsome young lad with that hachet.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Lady Barbossa, I am glad you liked them! Greg was an absolute cut-up down there, he was in pirate heaven, and a favorite with both the pirates and the tourists. And you should have seen Jo, she was getting as wild as Jo gets! :)

Black Hearted Pearl....say them! B) Don't keep us in suspense!

Capn' Heather Molly Margaret Campbell

Cap'n of the Gangrene, Smugglin' Queen

Kansas City Skull and Crossbones

www.myspace.com/kcskullandcrossbones

www.myspace.com/galleonsandgold

http://rengeek77.renspace.com

Okay, I think that's it...for now.

Oh, I figured Greg was a ham during the event. :huh:

Jo gone wild! Now that's somethin'. Haha, oh, tis a bummer I missed it all. But there is always next year.

Greg said he was about to commandeer the other Barbossa's coat. Now that would have been hilarious! A Barbossa chasing after a Barbossa. :huh:

Aye, Pearl! Tell!

I be glad that the event was a grand one. I've seen a good many pictures.

~Lady B

:huh: