Pyrate Con 2008

Bosun Carmina

Me traveling boots be itchin'

I'm just about packed. I'm going to be leaving around 11:30pm on Wednesday the 16th. I'll be there bright and early Thursday.

I'll be lookin' for that rum then, Black Fox.... :rolleyes:

forcast for Naw'lins so far:

Thursday 17th, High 77°F, Low 62°F, Isolated T-Storms

Friday 18th, High 81°F, Low 64°F, Sunny

Sounds like Thursday be a good drinking day......what am I saying....every day is a good drinking day in Naw'lins!

I'll be in Louisiana TONIGHT! In Alabama at the moment on the long crawl out to PyrateCon where I'll be promoting both PyrateCon and The Pyrates Way on several media outlets from local PBS, radio and newspaper to possibly having some MAJOR TV morning show out on Friday morning to see all the pyrates!

By the time everyone arrives, The PyrateCon flag will by flying over the hotel and "wanted for pyracy" posters up in the French Quarter.

Prepare for a REAL pyrate experience as in the last few weeks, dozens of local bars and merchants have jumped on board and plan to have special prices for those dressed as pyrates and will have open arms for every hot wench.

If ye don't have fun a PyrateCon, it be your own fault, says I.

Ahoy. me hearties!

Captain Jasper and meself will be arriving during the evening of Thursday, April 17th, with plans to be set up and open for business bright and early Friday morning! Lots of new jewelry this year with plenty of it made to look like plunder. I'll also have copies of me book for sale and some of me brother's CDs. We'll also be looking to meet up with old friends and meet some new ones! Weigh anchor, ye lubbers! We're PyrateCon bound!!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:;);)

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Thursday: Partly Cloudy High: 76° Low: 65°

Friday: Scattered T-storms High: 75° Low: 55°

Saturday: Sunny High: 79° Low: 62°

Sunday: Sunny High 82°F Low 68°F

Over all it looks to be a grand weekend for partying! :ph34r:

just an update.. I guess so many pirates leaving IL was bad. There was a small earthquake in West Salem IL.. some building damage but no deaths as of now.. http://www.14wfie.com/ live feed of earthquake.

its also the anniversary of the San Fran earthquake. :)

big storm coming in (looks like) for LA. Hail and wind and rain. Cover up, me mateys!

big hugs and bring me some beads! :rolleyes:

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

WE ARE HERE!!!!! At this moment, I'm standing in me booth, surrounded by cutthroats, buccaneers, and pirates of all shapes, sizes, colors, and attitudes! It's incredible and I'll give ye an update right after this sale . . . .

I'm standing here in me booth, watching multiple Jack Sparrows (CAPTAIN!) walk by and there are two Barbarossas standing off in the corner talking and there's several of the cast of POTC and several of the folks off of PM and . . . well, you get the idea. This event is a blast and it's only Friday afternoon! The feast is tonight (even though I've been eating free rum cake all day long!) and the invasion is still to come. THREE CHEERS FOR PYRATECON!!!

I had a nightmare like that -- a bunch of Jacks all in the same place. The only place I would ever really want to see the likes of that is in a poker hand in Vegas.

Good times...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'm standing here in me booth, watching multiple Jack Sparrows (CAPTAIN!) walk by and there are two Barbarossas standing off in the corner talking and there's several of the cast of POTC and several of the folks off of PM and . . . well, you get the idea. This event is a blast and it's only Friday afternoon! The feast is tonight (even though I've been eating free rum cake all day long!) and the invasion is still to come. THREE CHEERS FOR PYRATECON!!!

An' if ye thinks I gonna be sailin' t' the End of the World for t' retrieve ye....Not On Yer Life Matie!!!

...besides, this har pub got air conditioning :rolleyes:

But be ye ware o' them rocks wit legs!!!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

With so many away, don't you think it's a good time for a mutiny on the pub? I loves a good mutiny I do...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Ahhhhh, me hearties! Standing here is Rumba Rue and right behind her is Isaac Singleton. The Con goes on . . .

Oh, I remember him. He was in Galaxy Quest...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

;)

Aye, that be a nasty glare, mates. Suddenly in a fowl mood. I easily get there.

Mutiny says ye? I see no reason. KTTC I can see a mutiny as th' rules be WAY too strict there or even better a mutiny and piracy and other things against the high rise in gas prices! Mutiny against th' Pub, dear God we could do better!

Aye, I warned ye... I be in a fowl mood suddenly.

Have fun at PyrateCon all. RumbaRue... Hi. ::: Waves::: Tell Oderlesseye Happy Birthday. Hope it was celebrated in style.

Tell Bilgemunky Hi and Bilge to tell Scuttle Sally Hi.

OMG, there be SOOOO many people down there who I wish to say Hi to. ;)

I was thinking about calling Rumba... but I lost her bloody number! NNNOOOOO!!!!! ;)

Oh and as to the BARBOSSA's (not Barbarossa, different folks and spelling, mates).... be sure that one is not a woman. ;) I know that Jenn be down there and has a Barbossa like outfit. Well, at least she and perhaps another person.

I know of one Barbossa portrayer that's there. All the others were not able to attend to my understanding.

Eager to see pictures upon everyone's return.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

With so many away, don't you think it's a good time for a mutiny on the pub? I loves a good mutiny I do...

-- Hurricane

Mutiny, ye say? For what reasons would ye want to mutiny? Are you doing so because you want to be named Captain? By all means then, sir, try yer hand at mutiny. For I am only a simple able-bodied seaman and will perform me duties for whomever the crew elects. Yer more than welcome to assume all the duties, headaches, politics, dealing with hackers that come with the running of this ship. ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well, me hearties, PyrateCon is in its last day but there are still lots and lots of people wandering the booths and going to the sessions. Last night was incredible - easily 400 pirates meandering down Bourbon Street with crowds and crowds of people lining the street and cheering the invasion. It's been an incredible event this year and I invite ye all to try and get here next year! More to follow . . .