Pyrate Con 2008

Bosun Carmina

Ahoy thar all,

Captain Huck of the SWAMP WITCH, Pyrate Lord of the Pyrates on the Mississippi, will surely be thar , Says I.

I be a waitin' to be a meetin' up wit' mates I 'aven't seen since last year. Seems our courses do not cross, 'cept during the gatherin' of pyrates during the Brethern Court at Pyratecon.

All of the Pyrate Lords will be a bringin' thier Ten million Dollars wit them, to be a presentin' to the Captain Black Fox. All Pyrate Lords be a subscribin' to this 'ere rag. And if'n ye ain't a Pyrate Lord then ye need to be a seein' the Black Fox, as 'e can be a helpin' ye on yer way too becomin' one.

Last year was a Grand meetin' wit 750 piyrates from around the globe. This year will be grander yet. Wit' two hotels sold out and other Pyrates satin' whar they can be stayin'. We may be a lookin' at Three thousand or more Pyrates.ARRRRRGGGHHHH.

Eye ain't to knowin how many Pyrates are really coming thus far to PyrateCon but eye would like to know the scuttlebut on thet very fact from some varified source.. Perhaps tha Black Fox be chimin in on this eerr..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

The real number last year was closer to 350. The then manager of the event spouted the 700 number off to the media (I think he was seeing double about that time in the fest) but we certainly never saw that many at the hotel. There would have never been room for that many at any of the venues, including the classroom and the selling areas. But 350 was a lot of pirates (especially for a first year) and I'm sure this year you'll have many, many more... it's only getting better and better. And if you haven't had the pleasure of hearing the Rusty Cutlass gang, you're in for a treat. They are mostly landlocked at the PotC ride these days... good that DisneyWorld gave them some time off.

I'm anxious to hear from ya'll how it goes this year.

-- Hurricane

--

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The real number last year was closer to 350.

-- Hurricane

Aye mate. . .that be the truth of it.

As of right now, one hotel (Hampton Inn) IS completely sold out (since before December, m'thinks) and PyrateCon admin told me to order at least 700 extra issues of The Pyrates Way (we be carryin' the itinerary and info on the whole event in our rag. . .and giving it out FREE to every PyrateCon guest!).

The magazine went to press today. I'll get a proof later in the week and that marks "last call" for any changes, corrections or additions to the information.

With this year's event going so much smoother already, we're at the point where we just need to finish up the miscellaneous stuff like signage, forms, decorations, etc. . . When you step off the elevator onto the 4th floor, you'll be greeted by a detailed and thought-out pyrate atmosphere. You'll be excited just standing in line for your entrance kit. . .and nothing happened yet!

Since The Pyrates Way is right in the main foyer with the registration tables. I'll have my projector up and speakers working. . .so I'll be showing an old pyrate movie or two on the wall to help you pass the time. . . . any suggestions what to bring? The Pirate Movie with Kristy McNichol? Scooby Doo: Pirates Ahoy? Hook?

(ducking and running)

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy there, me hearties!

Let it be known that me and me crew FINALLY made reservations at the Holiday Inn!! And the young lass taking me reservation told me that we got the LAST three rooms in the SECOND hotel of the Con!! What that means is that we'll be havin' a hell of a convention with pirates coming out of the woodwork!! See ya there!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Aye... we be ready ta 'ead southward as well... had a whale of a time last year.. even wit' all th' confusion.. but this year is lookin right special and see'n we's now knows SO many more of ye pyrates.. that much more grand fer sure!!!!

The Pyrates Union will be 'avin it's first annual meetin on the last Sunday of PyrateCon this year..

we'ave a private room booked out fer the brunch an' look fo'ard to meetin all ye members that be makin yer way to NOLA.....

really... we arr just dyin ta get near some sun and warmth.. been a might long cold winter up 'ere in the Northern Wastelands....

Pyrate Seika

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

Here's the updated list as to who from the Pyracy Pub is going:

1. Rumba and Boats

2. Oderlesseye and wifey

3. Graydog

4. Lady Barbossa

5. Steve Kimball/Pyrates Way mag.

6. Perkeo

7. StrangeBayPirate

8. 1stMateMatt

9. Roytheodd

10. Bilgemunky

11. Blackbead

12. tellnotales

13. Cap'n Sage

14. pyrateleather

15. Pirate Seika and hubby

16. bbcddutchman

17. Captain Jack Snake

18. Casabel

If I've missed anyone, please let me know. Thanks! <_<

I am now seeking a place t' stay, mates. :D

And if possible someone to ride down with, too? Even if I meet ya part of th' way.

Long story. I don't want to jeopardize my going down. But if things continue to fall though, I won't be able to make it. ;)

Help, mates! Pirate Lady here needs a room!

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Dear Lady Barbossa, I will check and see if the time-share I'm staying at has a couch that can be made into a bed. If so, you are welcome to stay with Boats, myself, and two great gals from our pirate group, Pirates of Treasure Cove, you can stay for free. (I will keep my herbal smoke regulated to the bedroom, so no one else will be affected.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Note: I just called the place and they say the couch does become a bed, is this ok with you Stac? No charge to you whatsoever - however the time-share will not be available until Friday of the con. We have a one night stay at the Hampton for Thursday, you're welcome to join us, on the floor, we'll have our sleeping pads to be able to put down ----but I can't go elsewhere for smoking, but I do have a way to cover it up, if that's ok with you.

Please get back to me ok?

Rumba

:::hugs::: Thank ye, Rumba. You are gem.

Perkeo offered as well. I'll keep your offer in mind at the moment. After all, you are the reason (Haha, granted amoung many others) that I made the decision to hoof it to PyrateCon. B)

I'm SO excited... and nervous as hell now trying to get my things finished up in time and make sure vehicle arangements are finalized (need a backup or two just in case, yes, it's possible that things go wrong with me).

~Lady B

:(

We will try to capture as many folks as possible at PyrateCon between our pages for the Summer Issue. We will have a sign-up sheet for group photos and I'll already have PyracyPub at the top. . .so all you have to do is look for it. I'll plan to have our HEY-UGE group photo sometime Saturday, preferably when nothing PyratCon is going on. . . we'll meet QUICKLY (keyword) to set up for the shot and take it. . .if you're not there, it's your fault. . . we'll take one set of photos on as many cameras as you folks demand (i.e. give your camera to the several Pyrates Way volunteer photographers) and we'll get it done really fast and include everyone who. . . . uh. . pays attention to this board!

I think that is as fair as we can be for a group photo. . . and I promise. . . a full PAGE photo of PyracyPub folks with a full caption which will send new folks to this site. . . .agreed?

Aye, Black Fox.

Just keep me informed of what goes and when those photos will be done.

~Lady B

Aye Black Fox..The Oderlesseye raises his tankard high to ye fer the support of our Beloved Pyracy Pub!

Greetingsovertherail-1.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

alas, mates... I am unable to go now.

Some problems have arisen in which are inhibiting me from attending this event.

I hope I can attend any event this year.

Maybe next year, mates.

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

The Pyrates Way Pilot is packed to the brim with treasures for PyrateCon. . m'hold is completely squeezed-in that not even a bilge rat could make his way through. I B buggin' out of Delaware sometime Friday and taking m'time driving down to Naw'lins.

I can't wait to see ye all there. . .first rum's on me. . . uh. . . literally. . . have my flask filled with DogfishHead brown honey rum on me at all times (distilled right here in Delaware).

Let the party commence, says I.

I was hoping to be able to go this year as well. A few weeks ago, just as I was about to arrange flights, etc., my Pirate stage combat group was offered a job as part of a show that weekend. Called "A Night of Jolly Rogering", it's a mature audience only show. Bawdy jokes and songs a plenty.

Won't be able to go next year either as I've been told I'll be deployed from Nov 08 to Jun09.

But the year after that for sure :lol:

I was looking forward to putting faces to names.

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

Aye, but those of us who won't be attendin' it doesn't settle with our rowdy souls.

William, do hope t' see ye in 2010 then. Til then, return safe t' us so we can carouse all proper pirate like. ;)

Huzzah t' ye, m' patriotic pirate. ;);)

I do expect plenty o' pictures upon th' end o' PyrateCon.

:::le sigh::: Oh, m' poor pirate soul be achin' t' go.

~Lady B

:rolleyes: