Pyracy Pub-towne

LadyBarbossa

beware all ...quartermaster james is gettin ideas...next thing you know there will be some sort of "map" of our little town.

Easy now.

I'm just laying plans for my place, which will stay well outside any bounds of incorporation.

But do take care: the acreage between the town and farm will be the hunting grounds.

Tax collectors are always in season! :P

Tax Collectors in season?? They taste funny, nothing at all like chicken or beef or pork. Their hides are worthless. The are fun to chase though, watching them waddle away, trying to run. Very entertaining.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only listed three alternatives. There are more...

And my stance is about anyone nominating themselves chief of anything off the bat after just showing up. (You recall the debacle with the "pirate lord"?... Just trying to head off one of THOSE situations...)

As you suggested I have read some ( most of yours and many of others) previous post about how you "spend your spare time in "real life" and found them interesting. It would have been nice to see pictures of how your "ray gun" turned out. By the list of plumbing supplies you used I would think that if it fell short as a ray gun it night be very useful in distilling rum.

Most of your post required me to read a large portion of the thread to understand where your comments were coming from such as "Aye seconded. Lets move on, nothing to see here" Which had me struggling thru long ranting about someone named Redeye Andre and something called PyrateCon. I still don't know what happened in Southern Ca. that had so many so upset.

The references to Ojai Faire were every entertaining. From the planning months ahead to the after action reports. Especially your experience with the victorian corset.

My favorite quote of yours was your post in Petty Annoyances:

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

"It irks me when someone only listens to half of what I've said or somehow mixes it up in their head - and even worse, conveys what "I" said to someone else, completely getting it wrong."

My favorite thread Calcium Carbonate PVC Cannon was very impressive. I would like to have a more detailed account how you heat formed the ABS. My 16 year old son would love one of those cannons.

I learned that in real life you are a sailor, with some experience with black powder and blade weapons.I failed to fine anything to explain your skeptiaicism as you said I would so I must refer to this "pirate lord" that you mention. I searched for this and found no other references to "pirate lord". While in real life I served in the U. S. Marines as a Tank Commander with the call sign Warlord. Firing thousands of rounds from real life cannons. That I spent years deployed aboard real life naval ships, manning real life gun crews and real life boarding parties onto real life enemy vessels. However I thought this was a fantasy thread and as I just washed up with the last high tide I wanted to engage in some fantasy participation. I was expecting someone to challange me I was inviting the conversation. Living the GAoP lifestyle has been a fantasy of mine for more than 40 years and I thought I had found a place with like minded folks. I didn't expect to be perjudged for some "debacle" that I knew nothing about.

Bloodyblade

HES AFTER MONIES, SOMEONE STOP THIS WOULD BE VAGRANT! ....place isnt even real and hes collecting taxes......

Can anybody here read what I write? :P

guess ill be sold into servitude for my debts....and its all quartermaster james' fault...

Really now, with all the help I'll be needing at my place, you don't think I'd offer you a chance at an honest living? Hell man! If'n you're any good, you're invited to ply your trade under my capital until you've amassed enough to pay your debts and establish your own shop! What do you do? I thought you were a tailor or such, but Lady B seems to think you a carpenter. Can you cooper?

place isnt even real and hes collecting taxes...

I believe taxes were Ransom's idea. I'm explicitly outside of any incorporated boundaries, and therefore free from any taxes; neither would I levy any.

Oh, an' James... Those "tax collectors" that come 'round.... they be th' reason why m' carbine be close within reach. :P

Allright now, the Lady seems to have the hang of the realm...

Oh, I think Sea Rover be one, too. I think Black John stated he was.

And what I do at sea is nobody's business but that of mine and my crew!

not a tailor...a carpenter i be.....i may one day know some cooperin(white cooperin in fact)...........yee hath escaped my rath for now......but now yee cannot escape my bussiness...and for only 12 easy payments of $19.95 yee can have ya own, black-made cask!..CALL ME NOW.........i also do psychic readings and curses on those that trouble yee..........OH and free from taxes you say........well then you ARE a vagrant...for shame quartermaster.......

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

He only listed three alternatives. There are more...

And my stance is about anyone nominating themselves chief of anything off the bat after just showing up. (You recall the debacle with the "pirate lord"?... Just trying to head off one of THOSE situations...)

I learned that in real life you are a sailor, with some experience with black powder and blade weapons.I failed to fine anything to explain your skeptiaicism as you said I would so I must refer to this "pirate lord" that you mention. I searched for this and found no other references to "pirate lord". While in real life I served in the U. S. Marines as a Tank Commander with the call sign Warlord. Firing thousands of rounds from real life cannons. That I spent years deployed aboard real life naval ships, manning real life gun crews and real life boarding parties onto real life enemy vessels. However I thought this was a fantasy thread and as I just washed up with the last high tide I wanted to engage in some fantasy participation. I was expecting someone to challange me I was inviting the conversation. Living the GAoP lifestyle has been a fantasy of mine for more than 40 years and I thought I had found a place with like minded folks. I didn't expect to be perjudged for some "debacle" that I knew nothing about.

My note about the "pirate lord" was aimed at Sterling, when he asked me about my reply. The situation I alluded to was about someone who, having been a member of the Pub just a few days, started calling himself the "Pirate Lord" and the situation degenerated from there and as a result he no longer posts here. The main issue was with someone joining and within a week calling him or herself a chief or leader of something, whether fantasy or otherwise; I didn't want the same thing to happen to you that happened to that Pirate Lord guy. So I'd recommend hanging out and getting the feel of this place. We really are for the most part okay folks, but it does take a bit of time to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

RHJMap.jpg

Me...a mapmaker? No, no, no. Didn't I just say that if someone makes a map, then TAXES are not far behind? (You have to have a map so you know where the properties are to tax) With taxes comes excise men, gaols, and ::shudder:: gibbets!

No maps, I say! A pox on maps!!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Our little pirate lord did more than just declare himself such... Lest we forget, he actually left (of his own accord, I might add) because of the outrage created over some of his other, more serious offenses like bragging about stealing from vendors at an event and sword-fighting while drunk.

This is essentially a fantasy thread, after all. If BB wants to try to claim the title of chief... er, whatever he said... I say may God be with him in his quest. (The best gunfighter usually becomes the target of all those who want to make a name for themselves. :P:P:P )

____

We could probably use a navigator more than a mapmaker, anyhow. You know, someone to guide the vict... traders into the port, right? Local folks who knew the waters were often paid to be navigators.

And gibbets are always among us.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL Yeah, I could row out in my "girly-girl" garb and call to the vic..er, visitors, "Yooo hoooo" (picture Pintel and Regetti in PotC I) Okay, I volunteer to be navigator. When I'm in town, that is. :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Right then AR here... would not the term be Pilot?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oh, an' James... Those "tax collectors" that come 'round.... they be th' reason why m' carbine be close within reach. :P

Allright now, the Lady seems to have the hang of the realm...

Darn right I do! I didn't become a pirate yesterday. :P Besides, I'm a Lady... I know how t' protect m' assets right... WITH FLINTLOCK AND SWORD!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Right then AR here... would not the term be Pilot?

Indeed, especially in the privateering journals as I recall. (Although I believe I have seen the term navigator as well.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Roight! No maps.

:tacks parchment to tavern door:

WANTED

Navigator/ Pilot to lure...errr... assist traders into port

Inquire within

:stops hammering momentarily:

Do we have any natives to these parts?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Roight! No maps.

Do we have any natives to these parts?

Perhaps only the towne folk rigged out as such. Like the ones that off-load over taxed british goods into the harbor. rolleyes.gif

Oops, I said the t-t-t-t-t-t... t-word again. ohmy.gif

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Huh...

In need of an Harbour Master, and/or Pilot, aye?

Hmmmmm...

M'brother Angus might help yer out there... mebee...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Aww, mu' brudder be so kind...

I c'n happily be th' Harbour Pilot fer this here towne. Humm...... Mister Pew, yer eeestablishment seems ta be gettin' mighty full. Be there a room fer another?

longboat5.jpg

I gots a wee boat ta sail out ta thems in need o pilotin'...

A. Lasseter

Wot's ya mean I's gotta check me Pistols n' Cutlass at th' door?!?

LOL Yeah, I could row out in my "girly-girl" garb and call to the vic..er, visitors, "Yooo hoooo" (picture Pintel and Regetti in PotC I) Okay, I volunteer to be navigator. When I'm in town, that is. :ph34r:

Am I posting in the dark, here? <_< Okay, I guess there could be more than one pilot.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

LOL Yeah, I could row out in my "girly-girl" garb and call to the vic..er, visitors, "Yooo hoooo" (picture Pintel and Regetti in PotC I) Okay, I volunteer to be navigator. When I'm in town, that is. :ph34r:

Am I posting in the dark, here? <_< Okay, I guess there could be more than one pilot.

Uh, no...but you are quoting yourself... :ph34r:

how's 'bout I open up a general goods store, too? Sell some items. After all, we needs stockings, spices, fabric, brushes, plates and cookware, etc. See 'bout finding a cobler and have a store sellin' footwear. Perhaps an Inn? I'd be rather a cheesy child t' name it th' Admiral Benbow. LOL

General goods ...maybe "Sterling & Son" could open a shop? lol

As to an Inn, there is one connected to the Hide.

Thanks to Capt. Sterling, Ransom, and Red-Handed Jill for taking time to provide me the information and clarification of past events. The information gave me a better idea of how I might have been misunderstood. As I was referring to Chief as it is as a naval enlisted rank (Chief Petty Officer enlisted grade 7 the same as Sergeant First Class in the Army and Gunnary Sergeant in the Marine Corps). Others must have taken it in civilian terms. Most of those here have taken the persona of Commissioned Officers (Lieutenant, Commander, Captain ect.). I did not do that and at no time intended to infer that I was taking command of anything. In nautical terms a Chief is not a command rank i.e. a Chief Boatswain Mate would be under the command of the Boatswain which would be Lieutenant or Warrant Officer.

Bloodyblade

As ye be sayin' When yer in port... An' as I be seein' it, if yer not in port, ye can't do th' job, so.......

Mebbe I should take on bein' th' Harbour Master then? Doin' alla th' upkeep o' th' Harbour, makin' sure th' bouys ha'n't shifted er been carried off, checkin' ta see if any sandbars done appeared er shifted. Aye, lotsa work ta be done in an Harbour, a right full-time operation!

A fellow Pilot er th' Harbour Master, whichever, I'm easy.

A. Lasseter

Wot's ya mean I's gotta check me Pistols n' Cutlass at th' door?!?

General goods ...maybe "Sterling & Son" could open a shop? lol

Ah, 'son' is in charge of the procurement department, I take it?

Mission_banner5.JPG

*Quietly takes Pew aside...Im not a seamstress, Lady Barbossa,Lady Brower and Rumba Rue and some of the others are skilled beyond belief. I am a mere maker of simple floorcloths.*

Captain Sterling your lovely lass would be more than welcome to spend time with me whilst you are at sea. My home is perfectly situated to watch the harbour and of course the storms that rush in. I would be honored to have someone to converse with.

**And all kidding aside...William you should sketch out St. Pyratesburg like you did the draughts for the WatchDog and Mercury so we can actually see where we would all live in this new towne. Now to only find some land for sale just big enough to actually have a real towne.**

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

As ye be sayin' When yer in port... An' as I be seein' it, if yer not in port, ye can't do th' job, so.......

Mebbe I should take on bein' th' Harbour Master then? Doin' alla th' upkeep o' th' Harbour, makin' sure th' bouys ha'n't shifted er been carried off, checkin' ta see if any sandbars done appeared er shifted. Aye, lotsa work ta be done in an Harbour, a right full-time operation!

A fellow Pilot er th' Harbour Master, whichever, I'm easy.

Hmmm I thought Habour Masters were some what synonymous with Tax collector??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/