LadyBarbossa

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm....

I see this as a perfect port;

Maroantsetra.gif

Put a bunch o' great guns on the island outside of the harbour...

Aye, this is an actual place on the island of Madagascar... used by many a 'man of fortune and adventure'...

Here's a modern look at the place...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&um=1&q=Maroantsetra%2C%20madagascar&ndsp=18&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il&tbo=0

I was originally looking at Ile Sainte Marie for the best place...

edit: There's a 'pirate graveyard' on the Ile

http://www.pbase.com/errorist/image/35374859

http://www.exploremadagascar.co.za/sainte_marie_map.html

Edited by Dorian Lasseter

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

way too fascinating...

heres a scene brought to mind by that..

kidd1698.jpg

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Mmmmmm...art deco reaper lamp...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

When are we going to start buying up land?

As for me..."official" trade? I suppose maybe a bookseller of some sort...since I am, in this current life, a librarian...and *someone* has to supply the charts and celestial almanacks and what not...

Or maybe a sugar planter. Not that I know a bloody thing about it, but after all, someone also has to provide the basic makings of rum.

Where to live? Maybe someplace like, say...Bacon's Castle in the old homeland of Virginia...Aye, that'd be a pleasant abode for a humble bookseller. I ain't telling where I'd be getting the gold for it, tho...

Bacons_Castle_2006.jpg

Damn, thats sharp!

Mission... You perfectly described Port Royal in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. :) Or at least Shipwreck Cove.

I always thought Bora Bora would be perfect. But... now that I think about it.. it's awefully small... isn't it?

BoraBora.jpg

Thank ye, Pew. Th' drinks helped. :(

Oh, and fine place there, Bob.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Give him a computer and let him try to type about what happened on that miserable little 2/3 size keyboard?

Silkie, your new avatar reminds me of Muftak the Talz.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

way too fascinating...

heres a scene brought to mind by that..

kidd1698.jpg

Ooooh, I guess this is where I hang out.... :unsure:

Hmmm... Looks like Pew's Establishment, th' Ram's Head!! :unsure:

What we WON'T do with the Drunken Surgeon is NOT give him ANY of his Surgeon tools! Keep those bloody things away from him! I'm not kidding about the bloody part either. :unsure:

~Lady B

Yeah, I figured out that it was a seal (which looks like it has its head half in the water and we're seeing it and its reflection), but it reminded me of that character. Mostly because it appears to have four eyes surrounded by white fluffy fur.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Drat ...now I am gonna have to find another because all I can see is Muftak the Talz. :unsure:

Blasted drunken surgeon. ...as to the drunken surgeon song ...somehow I thought Rumbas post about where she hangs out was Missions ...sorry about that Mission.

***rolls a large cart, heaping with venison, turkeys, squirrls and tax collectors*** Hunting was good over at Sterlings, where do you want this lot? I need to head back for the second load.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Hmmm... Looks like Pew's Establishment, th' Ram's Head!! :unsure:

~Lady B

That it does . . . :unsure:

***rolls a large cart, heaping with venison, turkeys, squirrls and tax collectors*** Hunting was good over at Sterlings, where do you want this lot? I need to head back for the second load.

Animal

Delicious. A mid-week feast to celebrate Prosperity.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Blasted drunken surgeon. ...as to the drunken surgeon song ...somehow I thought Rumbas post about where she hangs out was Missions ...sorry about that Mission.

Sorry for what? Everyone is familiar with the drunken surgeon...

Hat_Stynky_Mead_Sunday_mark_Mary.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'd like one of those "Death in the Afternoon" drinks please. Nothing like champagne and the Green Faerie to get your day started out right. :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I'd like one of those "Death in the Afternoon" drinks please. Nothing like champagne and the Green Faerie to get your day started out right. :blink:

OMG! OMG! OMG!

How have I never heard of this before!?!?

I had to look it up to be sure it wasn't a brainchild of Ransom's fertile imagination.

Can I order them by the pitcher?

Or maybe just one of these and one Sazerac, to start...

OMG... th' Green Faiery strikes again! :blink:

Animal

Ooooo... right good hunting for ye, wasn't it, Animal? Don't fancy squirrel, Turkey I love but doesn't agree with me... and I'm not a cannibal... so, how much for one of the venison carcasses? Well, make that two? Perhaps a trade, with the remainder in gold and silver. :unsure:

~Lady B

OMG! OMG! OMG!

How have I never heard of this before!?!?

I had to look it up to be sure it wasn't a brainchild of Ransom's fertile imagination.

Can I order them by the pitcher?

Or maybe just one of these and one Sazerac, to start...

My fertile imagination" Phiff! You have no idea! LOL

I think I am going to make a Death in the Afternoon my "signature" drink. Actually, I may make one tonight. I have both ingredients at hand. :unsure:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I think I am going to make a Death in the Afternoon my "signature" drink. Actually, I may make one tonight. I have both ingredients at hand. :blink:

I knew we got along well for a reason . . . :unsure:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."