Pyracy Pub-towne

LadyBarbossa

Do we have any natives to these parts?

:::points to Animal::: He Native 'nough for ye?

As to an Inn, there is one connected to the Hide.

Ahh... Brilliant. There be an Inn for our "Guests".

And as for Sterling and Sons.... good... some fine, healthy competition. ;)

Sometimes Sterling and Crewe has to "catch" us to keep things "on-the-level' as it were. ;) Wouldn't want too many of the wrong sorts poking their noses in our loverly little community now would we? ;)

Bo

Now hold fast a second here...

ye want me and mine to protect ye lot by manning said fort (next ye will be wanting us to build it as well)...

ye want me and mine to arrest ye on occasion to give the appearance of things being on the up and up...(I reckon that means I needs add a gaol to my list of dependencies on the plantation grounds)

And yet the only thing me and mine get out of the bargain is to have my daughter threatened with harm whilst I am away ..um...requisitioning merchandise for my father's trading empire? Hmmm seems this proposition is decidedly listing in one direction and not mine.

Oh by the by Bo, Animal, Patrick and other supposed social outcasts of the village....hunting party Sunday after church ...the hoards herds of deer need thinning along with the rafters of turkeys .... too much meddling about in the corn and tobacco...

:::Bats eyes at Sterling... stops... then steps away::: Oh, who am I kidding. Ye made yo'r point 'bout th' "Fort".

As to th' hunting social... COUNT ME IN!!!! :::Gets her gun ready!::: I've been having a hankerin' for venison. ;)

:Tacks new parchment to the Town Information Board just outside of the Ram's Head Tavern :

Proclamation by way of Town Meeting:

April 15th is hereby struck from all calendars. April 14th will now be followed by April 16th.

LOL... TEA PARTY!!!! wait.... No Tea Party? .... awww come on! We HAVE to have a Tea Party celebration day.... with all trimmin's... toss tea into the harbour... burn a stuffed dumby of King George... etc.

Sometimes Sterling and Crewe has to "catch" us to keep things "on-the-level' as it were. ;) Wouldn't want too many of the wrong sorts poking their noses in our loverly little community now would we? ;)

Bo

Now hold fast a second here...

ye want me and mine to protect ye lot by manning said fort (next ye will be wanting us to build it as well)...

ye want me and mine to arrest ye on occasion to give the appearance of things being on the up and up...(I reckon that means I needs add a gaol to my list of dependencies on the plantation grounds)

And yet the only thing me and mine get out of the bargain is to have my daughter threatened with harm whilst I am away ..um...requisitioning merchandise for my father's trading empire? Hmmm seems this proposition is decidedly listing in one direction and not mine.

Oh by the by Bo, Animal, Patrick and other supposed social outcasts of the village....hunting party Sunday after church ...the hoards herds of deer need thinning along with the rafters of turkeys .... too much meddling about in the corn and tobacco...

Ohhhhh Booooooy, we get to kill something finally!!!!!! Bo, ya got the smokehouse ready yet???? I think we're going to need a bigger one. ***eyes the church, that might be the right size****

Animal

Animal... if yo'r going to use th' Church... at least make sure that it's not bein' used as a secret MAGAZINE!!! How's about this... Let's NOT burn th' Church... don't particularly fancy doin' the same thing men of the British Legion did a couple hundred years ago. :) That was messy enough.

*Eyes Animal Sternly* Not the Church!...Wait we have a church....So who is the Pastor/Father????

*Scratches Animal neath his chin*

Well, ain't you a Nun? Ye could open "Good Syster Syrens Orphanage Fer Wayward Pyrates" ;)

*Raps his knuckles with a ruler* That was when I was titled Notoriously Naughty and Im no longer Notorious nor Naughty! *Raps his knuckles again then hides the ruler*

LOL.... Oh, I bet they would GREATLY fancy th' idea of Pirates bein' orphaned so they can receive yo'r charity, Syren. tsk tsk, gents... tsk tsk.

And again, burnin' the church... not a good idea. But if they do use th' church as a massive smokehouse... someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE look in and under the Church for munitions and supplies? Aye? Please?

Ohhhhh Booooooy, we get to kill something finally!!!!!! Bo, ya got the smokehouse ready yet???? I think we're going to need a bigger one. ***eyes the church, that might be the right size****

Animal

And dinner just hoofed its way across the formal lawn...and the Far Better Half put the damn key to the trigger guard some place to keep it safe. Where, is beyond me ... I love my spouse, I love my spouse... :(

and the damn deer knew it too! Just stood there posing whilst I banged my head against the porch railing...frustrating don't ye think?

LOL.. Sterling... ye poor thing. Worse comes t' worse... we just shoot th' lock or pick it. Perhaps ye best make a few spare keys to yo'r weapons. ;)

:::offers Sterling some Asprin or Ibuprofen while standing there watching the deer graze and ravage the crops::: They look so peaceful, don't they? :::Craddling her carbine::: grazin' like that, frolicking now and then.... :::Gawking at the deer::: Could be worse.... could be buffalo.

*Eyes Animal Sternly* Not the Church!...Wait we have a church....So who is the Pastor/Father????

PSSST!! Under The Church is where we smugglers keep alla the GOOD STUFF!!! Nobody thinks to looks there! The Father gets his cut, and we all get good words put in with the "head honcho" on Sunday. I been doin this smugglin' thang fer a while now.

Animal, I don't think smokin meat there is such a good idea, smoke brings too much attention to the cache, lets just use the hooch on the bluff. ;) It'll air out sooner or later. 'sides, smoked meat will make it smell better 'n we make it smell. ;)

Bo

LMAO!!! :::points to above posts:::: Err.. ummm.. ahh, Bo? A Church has been used before. ;) And a church was burned because it housed munitions. ;) Sides... I didn't know we had a Priest in town yet? When did th' Priest arrive?

Bo... Animal.... we'll build a massive smokehouse and meat locke for ye both. So long as I get some fine cut Kosher meats. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the longest multi-quote reply I've ever seen . . . Sybil should have had it so easy. . . . :(;) ;)

:Tacks new notice to Town Board. Almost burns parchment while holding candle, tacks, hammer, and coffee at 6am. Pardon the coffee stains:

Town Meeting Notice

It haf been brought up by the honourable, noble,

eftimable, distinctive Capt. Sterling that a name change

may be in order for Ye olde St Pyratesburg. Pleafe

drop in for a pint at the Ram's Head for

difcussion as to the new name

for our fair town.

-P

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Pew, mind tha candle..you'll fet the new town ablaze :( ..*eyes the Taverm* "who' buyin th pintf then?"

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

If we're still seeking a Surgeon, I could relocate my thriving practice from "The Wake" to dry land for a spell.

I could provide veterinary services to Animal and his friends as well :(

Just kidding Animal... now put down the cutlass lad....seriously.... put down the cutlass ;)

Hey, Doc. Do you have any photos of your medical set-up? I'd like to see it.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL.. Sterling... ye poor thing. Worse comes t' worse... we just shoot th' lock or pick it. Perhaps ye best make a few spare keys to yo'r weapons. :(

:::offers Sterling some Asprin or Ibuprofen while standing there watching the deer graze and ravage the crops::: They look so peaceful, don't they?

Peaceful???

Bloody well look like venison bacon and new leather gloves for my daughter... to me.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That was the longest multi-quote reply I've ever seen . . . Sybil should have had it so easy. . . . :(;) ;)

:Tacks new notice to Town Board. Almost burns parchment while holding candle, tacks, hammer, and coffee at 6am. Pardon the coffee stains:

Town Meeting Notice

eftimable, distinctive Capt. Sterling

-P

I am touched...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Aye three years in Algiers really rubs off on a body...quite the lasting impression.

Crewe of the Archangel

Actually tis referring to the cut and just frying it up in a pan over the fire... delicious...beats pork bacon any day...but don't tell William I said that.

Crewe of the Archangel

Actually tis referring to the cut and just frying it up in a pan over the fire... delicious...beats pork bacon any day...but don't tell William I said that.

Silkie makes note for blackmail ...like she would ever blackmail captain Sterling ...even though she could retire on what she knows about the "good" captain ...if he had any money. :(

I think as long as it's bacon William could care less if it was pork or venison...as long as it's BACON!

Capt. Bo I would be honored to make lovely floorcloths for the church.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

That was the longest multi-quote reply I've ever seen . . . Sybil should have had it so easy. . . . :P :P :o

Town Meeting Notice

eftimable, distinctive Capt. Sterling that a name change

may be in order for Ye olde St Pyratesburg. Pleafe

drop in for a pint at the Ram's Head for

difcussion as to the new name

for our fair town.

-P

Why is it that when I see Pew's posts, I get this visual of the town sheriff from Nightmare Before Christmas, going around in his little car, calling out, "Town meeting...Town meeting..."

Ft. Assurance (As in Crimson Permanent? Those old guys were pirates, after all.)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

So, you do this with a belly cut? There's really not so much jowl on a deer, after all.

Using the Google, all I found was a mix of ground venison and pork meat.

Well, I also found venison Canadian bacon from the loin, cured and smoked.

But I understand you mean fresh meat.

Ah! Fresh meat...and we've come back full circle to picking off marks!

Belly cut and sometimes you grind it and mix with pork... but if you're currently butchering you can just slice and toss it on the fire...I remember when I was a kid, Dad just butchered and as he did, just cooked immediately on the bar-b-que outside. It was fantastic...he never waited to age the meat like some do...of course the left overs went into the freezers for jerky, stews, etc. later on, but the best was always the first cuts...

Mr. March makes his venison bacon with pork I believe...his was very good as well.

Crewe of the Archangel

Silkie makes note for blackmail ...like she would ever blackmail captain Sterling ...

One word of blackmail and I'll drop ye there on the spot...and toss Finn over board as soon as we're out to sea...

Crewe of the Archangel

Oh and don't forget the ribs...

Crewe of the Archangel

:::bows with the longest multiquote thread bit::: :P

Damnit, Sterling! Now yo'r makin' m' mouth water with want of venison! :P ::le sigh:: been too long since I've had some good venison. Or even mutton for that matter.

::: Makes way to the Ram's Head tavern for this particular meeting:::

Alright...I'm hear. That is until AFTER the meeting, then we can get back to that hunting of venison party that Sterling is all ruffled up about.

Aye, and who's buyin' for this meeting? I'll have a bottle of Moscato d'Asti please whilst waiting for this meeting. Rename th' town... phfst! Changin' names moreso than NYC.

Syren... m'dear... I don't think those rugs will last long if Bo puts it in th' Church.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Shall we re-name it... Amity?

Beware of the sharks... :P

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

If we want to attract merchant ships, according to my marketing books we should call it "Blue Ocean." :P

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Amity? How about New Hope? With a promising name like that Im sure we would have ample oppurtunity to charge harbor taxes and of course have some merchandise conveniently disappear. Although Im really partial to names like Sleepy Hollow or Salem...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Sterling, I know your far better half is looking out for your own safety but damn man, ye don have a key ter yer own weapons???? Surely them deers be making a mess out o the new plantings and such.

Bo, after thinkin' on it a bit........ I needs some rum fer the headache it gave me. Just let me know where ye want the hides and meat put and I'll drom off a cart full.

Doc, me only raises me blade when facing dem damn Spaniards and tax people. If you be neither, ye be safe enough.

Syren lass, scratch a little more to the right, dem critters in dere keeps movin' around on ye.

Animal

Edited by Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!