Pyracy Pub-towne

LadyBarbossa

Great and then the next question will be, is this going to be a Reel Town or a Real Town??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's certainly not my place to say you couldn't live on a ship, but it just occurred to me that since Sterling brought it up, it wouldn't be long before this turned into another "What kind of ship would you buy?" thread. It's one of the more visible aspects of piracy and many folks fantasize about that. Call it gentle guiding back towards the original question. :lol:

As for the type of town, I didn't start the thread, so you have to go to the source. And she says,

"If we had a colonial style town - say like Williamsburg, but a port town like Charleston - what would your business/career/trade be? What would your home look like? Would you be in town or outside of town?

Just have fun with this, mates!"

"colonial style" leaves some leeway, don't you think? 'Fun' also seems to suggest leeway to me. Strict rules seem sort of grim and not much fun IMHO. :lol:

I originally thought of putting my fantasy house up, but rejected it because it's not even remotely colonial:

a242_dome.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

A comfortable home just before the out skirts of town. A nice place for the wife and child to live while I'm away at sea chasing those nasty pirates. :lol: It wouldn't be as extravagant as Sterling's plantation but we don't need it to be. We'll just come and visit. :lol:

As you can see, I have no home. I would be one of the guys supplying Bo with all the hides he could handle and Bo would supply us with all the drink and lead we needed. I would be living on the fringes of society.

Yeah, Me to... out in the woods..... something like this....

Camp-2.jpg

LOL... Animal... Yo'rs is hilariously fantastic! I think we'd be the lot that would tell stories to the kids - or as Sterling puts it, Snotties! - about a wild man out on the fringes and ye'd eat them up if they went bad or out there. :) But then again, the look on their faces when we have a few pints with ye in the tavern! LOL

Sterling, hell, you can have both! Ship out at sea, most likely where ye be, but then ye'd need a fine home for yo'r snotties, aye? Especially that daughter of yo'rs? Who be comin' of age, the suitors 'll be seekin' her hand in marriage. Ye might want to be livin' near a fort for that. :lol:

What, pray tell, would ye grow on that there plantation o' yo'rs? Hmm?

And would fancing hunting upon yo'r land when ye have a hunting outting. And likewise ye'd be invited t' do th' same. Course, the whole of the towne would be invited to th' hunting outting. :lol:

Patrick... LOL, 100% buccaneer, eh? No, don't ye be takin' off with m' hogs and cattle now. Ye hear? Likewise with ye, Animal.

Cross... I'd be more than honored t' have ye as a neighbor. :lol: I'm sure with vasts forests nearby ye'd have plenty of wood to work with. And I'd be more than glad t' supply ye with some finer, rare woods that not be indiginous to th' area. How that sound? Sterling 's not th' only merchant vessel 'round. ;) That is... when Sterling 's NOT hunt we pirates down. ;)

Well, Will... we WOULD need a lighthouse t' keep our ships away from the rocks. That's a God-given. So, no issues there. Besides, many of th' lasses who's beloved be out at sea will be flockin' to yo'r lighthouse awaitin' the return of their loved one.

I'm shocked, Mission. Would have thought ye'd be the local "Doctor" with a fabulous Apothicary. I need somethin' for m' stiff knees. Hehehehe ;)

Roberts... none t' worry 'bout th' family. Would be glad t' have tea and visit yo'r wifey and the wee lass at least every other day. ;)

Jim... I'd say it's all of that mixed together. ;) That's why I says... have fun with it. ;) Heck, we can "elect" a "Governor" and governing council if we so choose. Have parties and balls. NO trade is out of the question. ;) As long as it's colonial or agrarian age. Besides, I'd be more than happy t' trade and ship what Patrick Hand roasts, ship in and our whatever Cross creates, and various other delights that we women of the towne would very much fancy to have. And more. So... have at it.. have fun. ;) What be yo'r dream if ye lived back then. ;)

Pew, Brower... I would fancy visitin' yo'r establishments often. :)

Hawkyns, I'd come to yo'r tavern, too. Not th' brothel, just th' tavern.

Syren... tis a loverly place. I'd fancy having some floor coverin's from ye. ;) If not a couple other items.

Oh! And takin' bets for th' horse races over at Sterlings plantation! I'll put forth one, perhaps two of m' finest horses. Sterling? Ye up fo' that? anyone else have a good horse t' run? Hmm?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I nominate Captain Jim for Governor.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hm... I think I would own a boarding house or something like it (probably not the right term).

Maybe something like this: 6a00d8341bff5053ef011570cd0e69970c-.jpg

And I would do everything I do now, cook, bake and sew for everyone. lol.

I'd be Lady Brower's handyman, gardener, watchman and boat landing keeper as well as the official pumpkin carver for her extraordinary halloween blaze celebration. I could be found in the coach house by the front gate. rolleyes.gif

Jas. Hook

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

:::looks at Jim with a curious smirk:::

Oh, come on now, Hook. That be all? No place o' yo'r own? How vessel t' command?

Brower be a lucky lass then. :)

~Lady B

:::looks at Jim with a curious smirk:::

Oh, come on now, Hook. That be all? No place o' yo'r own? How vessel t' command?

Brower be a lucky lass then. :)

~Lady B

That boat landing on the river be a fine cove at night for the sloop to put into and land some illicit cargo as well as sundry items for the lady of the manor's craft. wink.gif

Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I like the idea of living on the ship..but not year round and the Plantation would be perfect!

Although the tree house is rather unique as well..

I could go to any number of taverns, seek the skills of Lady Barbossa, Lady Brower and Rumba Rue

Be creative myself and still be close to the sea.

Visit William and Maeve

Visit Cross and commission something

Oh and I could bring Animal and Capt. Bo some food and help keep them hidden...

And bother Patrick for my armbands *lol*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

aaahhh a fine REAL township t'would be..........i do wonder is one day will get a colonial mystic seaport to live/work in.......that would be great.........oh...and colonial williamsburg isnt hiring atm.........sadness...........

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Home: The Rakehell (See signature)

On shore, I would hang out in Pew's low-brow tavern, maybe have a private room reserved for me, in exchange for supplies of certain "West Indies Goods." :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Sterling, hell, you can have both! Especially that daughter of yo'rs? Who be comin' of age, the suitors 'll be seekin' her hand in marriage. Ye might want to be livin' near a fort for that. :lol:

~Lady B

Ack...Let us avoid this subject for as long as possible... we were in camp down at PiP and I overheard someone mention that Sarah was starting to look "damn hot"... well was not I surprised when I noticed my first reaction was to literally reach for my sword...good thing I was not wearing one at the time...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Ye best come to grips with it Captain ....she's becoming quite the young lady! Whether you are willing to admit it or not Mother Nature waits naught for your acceptance. Soon enough she'll have suitors knocking on your door and sword or not she'll be smiling at at least some of them. It happens to all of us parental types eventually. My oldest is 32 and has a fiance and my 16 year old is eyeing a lad or two at high school.... where does the time go seems like just last week I was taking the oldest to her first dinner and a play for her twelfth birthday. As I'm sure your father did as well or something similar.

Aye I suppose I shall do something similar... fortunately she has a good head on her shoulders, so I trust her...and then again there is nothing writ that states I must trust them that come calling...and of course she has quite a number of well armed uncles. Tis young Mr. Merriweather I already need to keep an eye on...

and now back to your local station...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

Cross... I feel yo'r pain, mate. Williamsburg appears t' be a fantastic place to be employed. Heck, if hired in the right spot, would be wearin' period attire, portrayin' th' life and getting paid for it! What a dream!

LOL... in the immortal words of Mr. T... "I pity the fool!" that crosses Sterling... especially when it's associated to th' dear daughter and Sterling has a sword within reach!

I think that's th' only warning anyone will get, folks. Ye've been warned. :lol: LOL

And true about they grow up so quickly. M' nephew turns 16 in March. Granted he be m' nephew, seems more like m' own son since I practically raised the whelp. And now... he's caught th' eyes of many lasses. It's frightening. Need t' ship the lad off t' sea, get him away from all th' gals with ragin' hormones!

LOL... Bo... I hope no one 'll be racin' across th' countryside screamin' "The British are coming! The British are coming!"

Hehehehe... Ransom.. ye hold up to yo'r image right well there, lass. :lol:

~Lady B

Aye I suppose I shall do something similar... fortunately she has a good head on her shoulders, so I trust her...

Actually, that's my impression of her. She seems quite sensible and intelligent from my discussions with her.

Now, Josh...well, Stynky's dazzled him with a life of crime... :lol: I hate to think where he'll be hanging out in our little town.

"I say, first, medicinal wine from a teaspoon,

Then beer from a bottle.

An' the next thing ya know,

Your son is playin' for money

In a pinch-back suit.

And list'nin to some big out-a-town Jasper

Hearin' him tell about horse-race gamblin'.

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no!

But a race where they set down right on the horse!"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I nominate Captain Jim for Governor.

Seconded.

People keep runnin' around nominatin' me for stuff; captain, governor...Hey, wait! As Governor I get to be bribed, get a piece of all the quasi-illegal action, have the best mansion in town, do no real work, throw fancy balls, have a plantation in the country...

Ahem...I humbly accept the nomination and will work hard to be the best Governor in the Colonies. I promise not to bleed my friends of too much of their money, to throw a festival every month, provide a safe haven and pardons for pyrates (for a fee), give misinformation to pyrate hunters and furnish a fast sloop for every able-bodied smuggler. This is St. Pyratesburg, after all. Or is it Pubville?

Your Humble Servant,

The Honorable James Warren

Resident of St. Pyratesburg

Governor of the State of Confusion.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

You're a natural choice for a leader of pirates. I think it's the classic pirate features and easy going attitude. The perfect pirate leader, from we pirates POV.

However, you'll probably wind up with the gout with all your new wealth which will lead to ill-considered habits. So I will surely get a slice of your take. :lol:

("But of course I can help you with your gout, governor! Emetics, cuppings, purgings, bleedings... " Welcome to my tree-house parlor said the surgeon to the gov.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Not that one. This one!

881241-baron_large.png

Geoffry Holder is kewl...and that skull painting...well, what more is there to say?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, sir, Doctor...

Oh! I got it!

"Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang"

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Oh, no question about it. A tavern with attached brothel. Isn't that the dream of all old soldiers?

439370500dexJSw_ph.jpg

This is actually a pub from the village next to the town where I was born. Best damn game pie and cider in the West Riding.

Hawkyns

And what of the Griswold's Inn, do they have that fine food and lodging? Aye, and so close by the river.