Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

Arr these 'ere blasted internet restrictions! I get so angry in me landlubbers day job being unable t' access many of th' links yer fellow pirates are puttin' on the boards I run me cutlass through the monitors... then get a slapped wrist :lol:

The Feared and Ruthless Captain Drake Flint

"YARR! Roaming the seas, I take what I find; gold, wenches and mead, the pirates life is mine!"

Heavy Metal Pirate Brotherhood

+ nunc est bibendum +

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my coworker found out that his other coworkers, myself included, are annoyed that he sleeps at his desk all afternoon (snoring loudly) while the rest of us work. He hasn't talked to anyone since last week. When he does talk he's moody and hateful. It's pretty funny that he is being so silly about this since he is twice the age of everyone else in this department!!!!

Sure, I planned some nasty ways to wake him up, everything from ping pong guns to posting photos of him asleep with his head back and mouth wide open online. I didn't actually get around to doing anything of these things yet though.

So what do you do with a 60 year old who is acting like a 3 year old?

:unsure: I'd say, treat him like a 3 yr old.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh, and if you find out what to do about a boss who doesn't listen...please let me know. Other than a 'boot to the head' - what else can I do?

I was thinking about using visual aids, but I think the bright colours would just distract her.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I think my coworker found out that his other coworkers, myself included, are annoyed that he sleeps at his desk all afternoon (snoring loudly) while the rest of us work. He hasn't talked to anyone since last week. When he does talk he's moody and hateful. It's pretty funny that he is being so silly about this since he is twice the age of everyone else in this department!!!!

Sure, I planned some nasty ways to wake him up, everything from ping pong guns to posting photos of him asleep with his head back and mouth wide open online. I didn't actually get around to doing anything of these things yet though.

So what do you do with a 60 year old who is acting like a 3 year old?

Hey, Rogue:

Next time he falls asleep at his desk, you might try waking him up by shouting "Retire, dammit!" at him.

Sodding Boomers! They've been the bane of my Gen X life!

It's taking an awfully long time for the economic boa constrictor to digest that old elephant!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Sodding Boomers!  They've been the bane of my Gen X life!

It's taking an awfully long time for the economic boa constrictor to digest that old elephant!

Yeah, and you Gen-X ers drive us Boomers right up the wall — you're rude, obnoxious, and have no work-ethic. ;)

Let's not trash a whole generation, shall we. There is good and bad in every one. Seems each generation needs to bad-mouth the one that came before. No sense to it. The Gen-Xers will get slammed by the next gang to come along. Sadly, it's a never-ending cycle. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Silkie & Ransom:

No personal offence intended, m'dears. Some of my best friends are Boomers. ;) [Okay, ONE best friend, one older sister, and lots of charming acquaintances. :rolleyes: ]

Hell, some demographers even want to call ME a boomer! Sod that, I'm younger than Douglas Coupland ... punk-rock slacker till I die! [Crap, it's hard enough for me to even admit that I'm probably middle-aged now! But hey, just barely, even given the recent birthday!]

Then again, even Billy Idol is a Boomer! But can you believe he was ever once so young and cherubic-looking as when he fronted Generation X?

Kiss Me Deadly

Okay, now I'm lost in nostalgic reverie of my teeny-bopper years...

Still, Rogue's 60-something male co-worker who spends most of his time sleeping at his desk deserves to be poked with a sharp stick.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

;) Yeah, but before you poke him with a stick, you might ask if he's on any kind of meds that induce drowziness (?). It may not be his fault. Then again, if it is his fault, then I think taking pictures of him sucking in flies would be pretty funny. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

What happen to my motivation today? I started out great...but it fizzled. I have no drive and yet....I look about the house and see at least 15 things that I could do...bisha...it will still be here tomorrow! I'll sleep on it for now.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Heck, I had all kinds of motivation today — until I hydroplaned off the deck and crashed. Flip-flops, a newly painted deck, and a bit of water don't mix. I went sailing, landed mostly on my right side over three wood steps. I have defense bruises on both arms. I don't even want to know what my right shoulder looks like. Yikes! It was one of those deals where you sit on the ground and can't get your breath, 'cause it hurts so bad.

I kept going and worked it off, but right now I feel like I've been tossed in a cement mixer for about an hour. B):lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Heck, I had all kinds of motivation today — until I hydroplaned off the deck and crashed. Flip-flops, a newly painted deck, and a bit of water don't mix. I went sailing, landed mostly on my right side over three wood steps. I have defense bruises on both arms. I don't even want to know what my right shoulder looks like. Yikes! It was one of those deals where you sit on the ground and can't get your breath, 'cause it hurts so bad.

I kept going and worked it off, but right now I feel like I've been tossed in a cement mixer for about an hour.  :lol:   B)

It seems as life imitating art, non? In art I might be able to play galant chevalier upon Noir steed....But...It would be a rather tall order and a hellish roadtrip in Life....Although the Noir "steed" would still apply. B):lol:

I do hope the damage is not too extensive....Ice and Tiger Balm may be the order of the day....A good bottle of Wine could not hurt, or a draught of the Jameson.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Oh, Ransom! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall.

I can really empathize! I did almost exactly the same thing a couple years ago at my cottage. Newly stained deck covered with morning dew, and a pair of old flip-flops that were worn smooth on the bottom. I wound up very stiff, with bruises from the stair edges across my back.

Afterwards, we installed that black friction tape across each of the stairs and the top edge of the deck. [There had been some on the stairs previously, but we'd removed it to do the staining.]

I seem to recall that extra cushions on my deck chair and lots of frozen cocktails helped dull the pain.

I hope you recover quickly!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Thanks guys!

Actually, other than ending up with some interesting bruises — including one that looks like a giant grill mark accross the top of both "cheeks", where I landed on the edge of the step, I guess I'm okay. Kinda glad I landed where most of the padding was, 'cause if I'd landed on my spine, that might have been a whole new ball game.

Copious amouts of Merlot and excedrin seem to be doing to trick so far. Gimme a few more days and I'll be good to go. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

OK, I was just eating a salad at work -- just lettuce and some "salad crispins" with nuts, dried tomato, etc -- when I bit into something hard that I couldn't chew. It felt like several little pieces of nuts or something -- really small but very, very hard -- so I just swallowed it without further chewing.

Well, I finished the salad (without finding any more hard spots) and then I noticed -- the tip of one of the tines from my plastic fork was missing! I know it wasn't like that when I started.

ACK! I ate black plastic for lunch! :(

I think I may turn to pyracy, or some other shady business, just to pay my bills...

I mainly say this now because of my vehicle... took it to my mechanic to see about a 'small' problem... fuel related...

It needs a new fuel pump... no problem...

Well, after taking the tank down, it was discovered it has holes... and the fuel sender is fubar too...

So... I now need a new fuel tank, pump, and sender...

the lowball price, $500+ just for parts...

So... say $600 for the parts plus labor...

I need a drink....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Woo Hoo... teaching the snotties the Burn test for fabrics... now how much fun is that?

Ack the house now stinks of burnt hair... :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Damn it's nice ta be back...missed you lot :o

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...