Blackfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The innocence of childhood never ceases to amaze me:

What is Love?

Out of the mouths of babies ....

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

Rebecca- age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."

Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."

Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."

Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."

Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"

Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."

Bobby - age 7

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"

Nikka - age 6 (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."

Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."

Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."

Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody

You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."

Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."

Elaine-age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."

Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."

Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."

Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image)

Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."

Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."

Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about

a contest he was asked to judge.

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an

elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's

yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy

said,

"Nothing, I just helped him cry"

May you have lots of love!! Many Blessings and Hugs to All!!

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Today is one of those snowy days..to just enjoy indoors. :lol:

With hot cocoa and pirates

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

More new crewe members...priceless

more sewing... ugh... snigger but well worth the time and effort...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I have an assignment for my IPC class(Inter-personal communication) to define who I am...without being profane. :ph34r:

I thought it would be impossible at first, but it only took a little while before I decided on three terms that fit.

1) Agnostic (antagonostic in my case)

2) A realist at all times.

3) A rabid existentialist at all times.

I double checked dictionary definitions to be sure I had the right terms and this is me in a nutshell.

Of course if we were allowed to be profane I could have written a dissertation for a PhD! :ph34r:

Bo

Lol Bo! Will they communicate interpersonally with you after that description? You might scare em! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Spamming the spammer...teeheee

https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&...=15#entry305722

It's good to be a mod... :D

* takes a bow * Thank you

Woah the house is a rockin!!!

Aunty em! Aunty em! :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~wiiiiiinnnnnnnnnndyyyyyyy!~~~~

The one thing a grown up can not do is reason with a 3 year old.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Finally over my scare from this morning. Was almost in a very bad accident. I was sitting at a light and was turning left. The vehicle across from me on the other side was sitting at a light and was turning right on to the same street. To be courteous I remained turning in to the left lane so the other driver could turn in to the right lane. Unfortunately she continued over in to my lane almost broadsiding me and the wee lad. I hit the horn and she never even noticed. I had no where to go due to other vehicles parked along the street. There is no way she could miss my big ass jeep and not hear the horn blasting. I still do not know how the accident didn't happen. All I could see was her coming directly in to my lane, my son in the back seat and no where to go with my vehicle. Perhaps a Guardian Angel was there because for a moment time stood still.

Here's something really random: I've discovered what ovulating feels like. :lol: Being on the pill since I was 18 I don't remember what ovulating was like. I had to stop the pill back in January of this year for health reasons. I ovulated for the first time in 13 years in January, but I didn't know what it was. I wondered why I was having abdominal pain. I thought all kinds of things it could be, but then my sister set me straight. She was like, "the pain is where?" I pointed to where and then she laughs, "yeah, that's your ovaries, you're ovulating. Welcome back! B) " So, after lovely Mr. Monthly decided to show up again in March (yeah, my schedule is still slightly nutty since stopping the pill) another ovulation starts. I again wondered why I'm having this abdominal pain, not used to this feeling. Again my sister pointed it out to me and we both laughed. :lol: Being a woman is such fun, ugh! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Hey - wait until you are perimenopausal and you'll get all kinds of interesting symptoms (hot flashes, heart palpitations, dizzy spells, extreme fatigue, loss of memory, etc.) plus all the inconvenience of your period, which will get even wackier.

Actually, I've already experienced hot flashes when I had the cryotherapy procedure, that was horrible! The told me how right after the procedure I'd feel it, it's part of the thawing out process. It felt like a wave of heat starting from my feet and it just came up all around me. Ugh, I started fanning myself! I feel for my mother who is going thru that now. B)

Heart palpitations and dizzy spells I've been getting as well. All from stopping the pill. Since January I've just been on a hormonal rollercoaster! I've been given a preview of what to expect in my later years. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Jack and I went sailing on the Aldebaran this weekend. There was no wind inside the Golden Gate, so we went outside. There, we found all kinds of wind and had some great sailing. But it started to get a bit hairy and when the other boats started heading back, we did a very challenging 180-degree turn to get back inside the Golden Gate. We made it back in and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon's sail.

Another boat out there with us wasn't as fortunate:

Article

RHJMap.jpg

Sigh...

That is very sad indeed.

I'm glad you and Jack are ok.

But sad to hear the news.

Prayers to the families.

teehee

bizarro-halloweeny-x-ray.jpg

bizarro-over-accessorizing-pirate.jpg

Good Lord I need a nap! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how the Sheppies are...?