Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

ray - give capt bo whatever he wants! :ph34r: and congrats! :huh:temps are starting to go up again, yay!!!!!!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changes

A few days back I made my first pub post in several months. The forced vacation was more due to the economic realties of my life than anything else. Having posted however I began to think about the things that had transpired in the intervening period . First up I lost my truck and with it my income, lifestyle, and to some degree my pride. I was one of the worlds last true over the road wildcat truck drivers. My life wasn't always easy but as I have posted before it had rewards beyond monetary value. I think chief of these was my pride, I was very proud of being a business owner and one of the last of a dieing breed. Unfortunately like most castles made of sand mine fell into the sea. Long story short four payments behind on a truck note of forty thousand dollars on a truck thats only worth thirty and the knee breakers will work with you two payments behind on an eight thousand dollar balance with a truck worth twenty four thousand dollars and the repo man comes a knocking. Oh well according to my brothers attorney it would have been lost in his bankruptcy any way. Then on December first in the year of our Lord two thousand and seven I was wed to my soul mate. WOOOOOOOOOOOT Of course this is even more incredible seeing as how I was very much unemployed at the time. After a month and a half of searching I found a job running locally between a Kaolin mine and the port in Savannah. good setup nice pay but no benefits cause I am and independent driver. So here I sit my wife has a Lincoln Navigator to drive around and I am still a driver and a businessman I guess somethings haven't changed but for a while there things seemed to be going down hill rather quickly. Life is good the sun still sets on the hill in front of my porch and now I see it most days. Oh and for any one who might be curious I did not take part in the trucker strike a few weeks back. I fail to see what two days inactivity will do. I nearly lost a lot more than my truck for refusing to haul cheap freight and not jumping into a bad situation as soon as the truck was lost. After three years doing things the right way I refuse to mar them by spending two days doing things the wrong way.

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Good to hear that things didn't get ya down and out, and welcome back dude! Lots of folks havin ups and downs, you are not alone. You still have plenty to be proud of, keepin yer principles in these times is hard enough! It'll be allright, if I can make it anybody can!

Bo

hugs Bo.. who is like Annie.. always looking for the good things, and looks really cute in short dress... (kidding!! really.. :) )

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

hugs Bo.. who is like Annie.. always looking for the good things, and looks really cute in short dress... (kidding!! really.. :) )

I knew those pictures would get out sooner or later. ;)

I tried to find that poetry thread, but it's evading me. I had one come to me while washing dishes a couple weeks back. It was inspired by what I saw that day... *ahem*

Through my kitchen window

I see all sorts of things

Some that travel on the ground

Others on their wings

The Hawk the Owl and Bobcat

All hunt the cottontail

The deer and turkey amble by

It is a busy trail

I wonder how many things we miss

Throughout our busy day

Because we do not take the time to look

Through those windows in our way

Bo

Through my kitchen window

I see all sorts of things

Some that travel on the ground

Others on their wings

The Hawk the Owl and Bobcat

All hunt the cottontail

The deer and turkey amble by

It is a busy trail

I wonder how many things we miss

Throughout our busy day

Because we do not take the time to look

Through those windows in our way

Bo

Amen!

When ever my friends tell me they feel like they are down or stuck in a rut. I tell them to go to a place they always go to but go at a different time of day/night. It gives them a little more perspective about life.

I have spent the day doing research on vampires (don't ask) — their origins, the ways the myth differs from one culture to the next (most early vamps were not sun-sensative, some didn't drink blood at all), how the legend has influenced pop culture, vampire web sites, books, vampire stuff on E-Bay, and the proliferation of vampire covens, nightclubs, groups today. Pretty interesting stuff. I even found Vampire Vinyards, located in Pasa Robles, CA, which does sell wine, not bottles of O-positive. :rolleyes:

Gues tonight I'll have to sip some Merlot and watch Underworld. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

vampire vineyards - hmmmmm cloaked vintners wering medalions lying in their casket with their home fruit with a spigot on the bottom starboars side of their box for dispensing of liquid refreshmenrt.

but i digress - i reall should e working onm y character development for midsummer

IWG #3057 - Local 9

I forget what I was looking into, but I came across a website for a guy who basically believed he was a vampire and hung out with a bunch of other people who believed likewise. I guess it takes all kinds. (If you're going to believe in something wacky, I say skip the ghost, aliens and vamps and go all out and stretch for something really absurd. Like everyone is basically an interconnected different shade of color and we are only the physical representations of that. Or something even weirder. Why not?)

I'd say drinking blood would have to be the hard part of that whole belief system, but I do it all the time when I prick my finger for my glucometer. (Yep, I stick it right in my mouth like a five year old kid. Never had an infection in 20+ years of using a glucometer. My internalist's lab assistants just roll their eyes and proffer an alcohol swab.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Not to drag this topic out too long, but it really is a facinating subject. Just Google "Vampire" and see what you get. As far as drinking blood, there are two types of vamps — psychic and sanquine. The first feeds off psychic power, the other feeds off blood, but not always human. I found a site for a vampire church, which from what I could guess by their home page, is for psychic types, but I wasn't possitive. You had to buy a $20 book of their tenets before you could access the site. They stated that was their way of weeding out those not totally serious.

I also found a vampire name generater — like so many of these, you type in your name and it gives you your vampire name. Mine was Selene Arnauld, which I thought sounded pretty kewl, and which is interesting, since my grandmother's maiden name was Arnold. Maybe that's why I like that Merlot so much! :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

This is all giving me flashbacks now. :ph34r:

I played guitar in a goth-y alt rock band in R.I. in the late 80's (kind of like Siouxie & the banshees) , we were all into the H.P. Lovecraft thing, complete with the obligatory band photo at Lovecraft's grave in providence. But we were all intrigued about this local vampire by the name of Mercy Brown, and I think our singer even wrote a song about it.

Mercy Brown Incident

The Last Vampire

SHIP2-1.jpg

as to names

The Great Archives determine you to have gone by the identity:

Memsahib of Moldovia

Known in some parts of the world as:

Haunt of All Hallows

The Great Archives Record:

This one prays to a God who does not listen

IWG #3057 - Local 9

Why did I agree to work nights this week? * Slaps head *

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

:huh: huzzah cap'n! ray - whatever the captain be needing! :huh:

IWG #3057 - Local 9

offers a mug of rum to everyone, and a large rock with the word "Equalizer' on it to Blackjohn

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I think I'm going to throw my Millennium Edition PC off of my school's roof.

-Aedon

Me mum named me Aedon.

Me mates call me Lucky.

Me enemies call me a bastard.

And anyone in a position of authority calls me

"that lucky bastard Aedon."

take pics, go on youtube or funniest vids... at least make it fun. :)

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

yeah...too much work and not enuf play lately :huh:

Good thing Summers on the cusp! ;);)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...