Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

Black Jack...ye would know....

If ye use th' microwave ter heat up th' water fer a hot buttered rum..... does it only count fer half.....

I'm too lazy ter start a fire, heat-up a loggershead.... find a bucket, fill it wit beer, butter an' brown sugar (then add th' rum) ter make flip........

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang RVs..... where the heck is the (insert a buncha dirty word here...) fuse box....

Cool my alarm clock and computer work..... but nothing else does....(including the heater.... but I may have to figure that out kinda quickly...)

Raining outside..... so Take a deep breath... type in the pub (happy that the computer works...)... and fix it tomarrow......

Aaaargh.....

The wierdest part of it..... tonight I finaly figured out how I wanna decorate the inside of my RV.....

Steampunk....

I've always liked Victorian... but an Rv is kinda too small for that..... BUT what if I played offa something like 20,000 leagues under the Sea.... the psudo Victorian kinda thing......(Steampunk)

Anyway,,,,

The only power on right now is my alarm clock and computer.... the only light I have is an oil lamp....... dang.... kinda wierd......

Sounds like yer halfway there...high technology by lamplight...kewl un a punky way.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Hey Patrick, you could also look at pictures of Victorian train cars. Some of the private ones were pretty kewl, and the size would be close — sorta-kinda. <_< Or like the train car in that old TV series The Wild Wild West. I always liked that one.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Student ... no need to be forgiven :o

You don't know how often I get mistaken for faculty on campus.

Bo

Bo -

Ah...congrats to you then! I am a student as well, completing a final for my latest class this evening. I graduate in a few months if I keep my wits about me. Thankfully my university offers online classes...we can remain anonymous. :lol:

Patrick -

The 20K Leagues suggestion sounds cool. Thinkin' Jules Verne too? A show done back in the late 90's er so based on the character had alot of really cool designs for his methods of transport and scientific/technological discoveries.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Cool.... I hit paydirt looking for 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA Pictures....

some realy good stuff in this part...

http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com/Behind%20...he%20Scenes.htm

But mix yerself a brimmin' tankard O rum, and check out his entire web page.... (start at the begining, and at the bottem of each page, just go to the NEXT one.......)

http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com/

Not only does it have a bunchs stuff about 20,00 Leagues, but he made a working submarine and diving suit.........

Now to start working on the conceptual drawings to figure everything out......

I'm not planning on copying the Nautlis, but using some of the pictures for insperation.... hummmm.... a Steampunk Pyrate Submarine.....

When you're finished, are you gonna paint a sign on the stern of your RV that says "The Steampunk?" ;)

BTW, I know you usually do, but be sure and post before and after pictures as you go along, so we can all see the magic transformation! :o

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

We are going to pick up our new "pet" in a few minutes. Some people down the road bought a green horse for their kids, none of them has a clue about horses, and the kids's interest lasted about a week. They tried selling him, and finally gave up, so they asked us if we wanted him. They GAVE us this 2 yr. old gelding and enough hay to keep him fed for a year! I cannot understand city folks that move out here thinking life in the country is so easy! They really thought horses were born knowing what to do with a saddle on their back! ;)

They are good enough people, but clueless as to reality. Our neighbor lady has been "babysitting" their chickens trying to help these folks understand that laying hens have to have certain things in order for them to be successful.

Anyway, "Rocky" is a chocolate brown/black quarter horse gelding, I will put up pictures when he gets settled in and the other horses are done establishing the pecking order.

Bo

There is a cell phone comercial (or it could be an Ipob... I'm not sure)

Anyway two of the girls in the comercial are talking about how cool the phone (or Ipod) is.... the third girl got a pony.....

What I like is one of the girls asks.... "does it bite"......

And the girl that got it tells them...... "yes"

Hey... I'm easly amused......... :P

Then I must be as well, Patrick. :huh:

It's a Verizon ad and it slays me everytime I see it. The body language and expressions on the actors / actresses faces are priceless. And the fact that the pony in question has been ripping shingles off the doghouse through the whole thing just adds the kick when the girl asks "Does he bite?" :huh::P

Bo-

Congratulations to you on your new companion....Or perhaps the congrats belong to Rocky for finding a good place to hang his shoes. It never fails to amaze me how folk move to the outer regions thinking it is a peice of cake. They don't realize the challeng it can present and the precautions that should be in place when things go wrong. (Like owning a generator and some form of back up heating if you lose power for days.)

Taking on horses is no stroll in the park, as it seems they found out. They don't come turnkey and require alot of time, devotion and money. I am pleased that Rocky found a good home.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I second that sentiment. When people ask me "How much does a horse cost?" I explain to them it's not the cost of the horse, it's the maintanence, healthcare, and food. When I start reeling off the cost of shoeing, hoof trims, wormers, shots, grooming tools, blankets, ect., not to mention a trailer if you want to take it anywhere, their eyes start to glaze over. They have no clue. Start talking horse tack, and the "Cha-ching" gets louder.

Good for you, Bo, for taking Rocky in. He'll be a much happier camper now he's with a family who knows what he needs. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I am not a "Horse Person"....

My boss (Carol) had three of them, and the nasty (insert a buncha good dirty words here) would get loose..... so I had to get them back into the field...... I know dang sure... the nasty buggers did that stuff on pourpose...........

Carol likes horses... so she wouldn't let me get a cattle prod to convince the nasty buggers that they were not amusing......

If I wasn't trying to get them back into th' field it would have been kinda funny.... how the heck did they open the gate ?....... dang... I had a hard time opening it........ they must have worked on it for a long time to get loose.....

Nasty buggers.......

:ph34r: Of course they meant to do it on purpose. How else have all that fun of you chasing them around, after a boring day of just standing in a pasture. And Patrick, horses have a prehensile upper lip that can winnow out a grain of wormer the size of rice, from a bucket-load of other feed in bits the same size. I know, because my Arab gelding did it, so I had to give him tube wormers instead. A gate?...unless it's locked or chained...no problem! :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Here he is; Rocky the "crazy, unmanageable colt" tha "dragged " the former owner all over the place. "Nothing can be done with this wild little guy." PSSHHAAWW! He's a puppy to play with! Almost too friendly! He's a diamond in the rough, just needs some polish, that's all!

Rocky4.jpg

Rocky5.jpg

He loves it here with the others, they took to him without much fuss at all. We were suprised at the mule's reaction. We though that Bucky would be mean, but all she does is look at him with her ears pinned when he gets too close, and he is smart enough to know what it means. :ph34r:

Bo

Here he is; Rocky the "crazy, unmanageable colt" tha "dragged " the former owner all over the place. "Nothing can be done with this wild little guy." PSSHHAAWW! He's a puppy to play with! Almost too friendly! He's a diamond in the rough, just needs some polish, that's all!

Rocky4.jpg

Good Lord, man! He is the very devil in equine form!!! ;):lol:

Do tell, are mine eyes playing me foolish...or is there a bit of Mustang in that fellow's line? Best of luck to you, Bo! Thank you for sharing the photos, I am quite sure he will be just fine now that he is in good hands.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Do tell, are mine eyes playing me foolish...or is there a bit of Mustang in that fellow's line?

He is a registered quarter horse with Doc Bar and Sugar Bar down his line. As with any midwestern quarterhorse, I am certain there is some of that old plains/Spanish bloodline somewhere about. Will keep updates on his progress. Glad you enjoy horses! Happy Holidays everyone.

Bo