Random Thoughts

Blackfoot

if all's the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a whole lotta this...should I keep it? :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Quote: "Random Thoughts, Speak your mind"

Speak me mind?!?

Random Thoughts and letting me mind Speak??!!

Do ye have Any Idea how hard I try to make me mind SHUT UP??

Speak me mind, Indeed!!!

B)

Avast In Thar! Belay That Jibber Jab! Quite I Says! QUITE!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

if a book about failure doesn't sell, is it a success? :ph34r:

IWG #3057 - Local 9

The last few days have been absolutely beautiful. On Sunday we took our wee lad out to enjoy the sunshine. And of course even though I like shoes and Love boots, I got to go barefoot outside. I love having me feet bare. Need to be digging out my toe rings again soon.

And yesterday, was another beautiful day. I had a wonderful time with me wee lad.

It is amazing how much he has grown and how intelligent he is. Every day is another day of miracles when I am with him. Children are a true blessing.

And how wonderful now that spring is here. I look forward to our walks and adventures we will have with the wee lad.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

if a chicken and a half with a leg and a half and lays an egg and a half in a day and a half how long does it take for a monkey with a wooden leg to to kick to the seeds out of a pickle?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

the only thing i'm drinking is ice tea. if i was drinking would never have been able to type that post. rogue - you coming up for celtic fling in june? i'm in midsummer faire the first weekend in june in lehgihton.

IWG #3057 - Local 9

Alas, the first week in June I've got plans to go camping. However,

I'm not sure if I'm heading up for Celtic fling yet. I just checked the dates, and I don't have anything else planned. I think I'll wait until the Pirate Invasion in Baltimore is over (this coming Saturday) and then spring it on my friends. Or better yet, I'll spring it on them during the Invasion...when we've all been drinking. :lol:

I had an idea once, just for a thread like this. But it hurt too much so I do not do that anymore.

:lol:

Alas, the first week in June I've got plans to go camping. However,

I'm not sure if I'm heading up for Celtic fling yet. I just checked the dates, and I don't have anything else planned. I think I'll wait until the Pirate Invasion in Baltimore is over (this coming Saturday) and then spring it on my friends. Or better yet, I'll spring it on them during the Invasion...when we've all been drinking. :huh:

eh, that'll work . i'm performing in the midsummer faire in lehighton the first weekend in june. i play a lusty wench. yeah, i know, it's a real stretch

IWG #3057 - Local 9

This message has been brought to you by....

oh... :huh:

nevermind..... :huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

cold here too, Bess but you can whine about the snow.. Taxes? I had to pay in $500 and that sucketh. :)

and your hair?? I love your hair. :) wild and wooly and reminds me of you. I just colored mine.. looks a bit goth cause its too dark but it will be lighter by next week.

I hope.. :rolleyes:

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Hmmm... why don't we start a new forum called the "WHINE CELLAR"? I bet we knock the socks off all the other forums for total posts combined in a weeks time! :rolleyes:

Bo

Not quite, I know of one 'art' site that had started one of those less then a month ago an' already got a 100+ pages deep, so they started two more whine threads, I believe one was hitting 100 an' the other close behind, then they threw me out.

:rolleyes:

Hmmm... why don't we start a new forum called the "WHINE CELLAR"?  I bet we knock the socks off all the other forums for total posts combined in a weeks time! :rolleyes:

Bo

I think that's a splendid idea. That way this thread can go back to being random.

OK, Pub Pals, follow me to the WHINE CELLAR :rolleyes:

Hmmm... why don't we start a new forum called the "WHINE CELLAR"?  I bet we knock the socks off all the other forums for total posts combined in a weeks time! :ph34r:

Bo

I think that's a splendid idea. That way this thread can go back to being random.

OK, Pub Pals, follow me to the WHINE CELLAR :ph34r:

Eww...that was a bad enough idea the first time they did it. However, if you must have it, please search the forum and dig up that dreadful old topic rather than starting a new one. I wish I could tell you what it was called, but I was glad to see the back of it. (They've done studies and all complaining does is make you feel worse because it focuses your attention (and thus your conscious experience) on the thing you're complaining about and makes you notice it (and related things) more prominently. Still, to each their own.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Here it is, "The Island of Dark Waters" My thought is if you don't like it don't read it ...I found it rather cathartic when I needed it ...now ...don't need it.  Life is too good.

Ah, thank you Silkie. Alas, being forum mod, I feel I must read it all in this forum. Or at least scan it. (Does anyone else see what's funny about this post?)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Sorry if I was overly enthusiastic, Mission. It just seemed like a good idea to put whining in it's place, rather than here. Anyway, I started a thread in Way to a Pyrates Heart, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I'm not trying to make people feel worse -- I want them to feel better. Yesterday I needed to vent, and I did, and now I'm fine. In fact, I started my whining thread -- and I couldn't think of anything else to whine about. So it will be up to the others if they use it. As always, it's just for fun.

I'm not trying to make people feel worse -- I want them to feel better. Yesterday I needed to vent, and I did, and now I'm fine. In fact, I started my whining thread -- and I couldn't think of anything else to whine about. So it will be up to the others if they use it. As always, it's just for fun.

I don't think you necessarily make other people feel worse; I think you often make yourself feel worse. If I could remember where I saw the reference to the psychological study, I'd cite it. I was recently reading one of Martin Seligman's books, so it was probably there. Basically it found that complaining is more likely to make you depressed than suppressing complaints. What's interesting is that this finding was the opposite of what was expected and thought at the time of said study. (No doubt there is also a contradictory study because that's the way soft sciences seem to go.)

However, if a rant is written in such a way that it is funny, I often enjoy those. And if my whining about moderation duties is changing forum behavior, I am being a bad mod. (Thus the irony of the above post. :ph34r: )

I PASSED MY C-BASE EXAM! ALL FOUR SECTIONS! I was sure I failed the math part BUT I DID IT! Alot of folks don't get all the way through the first time and many have to re-take sections, BUT I DID IT I DID IT!

(ahem) I mean, I passed my exam. Whew! Now I have no worries transferring to the university. If I wasn't doing so well on cleaning out my system I would really celebrate, but I have an exam in Economics tomorrow, one in World Geography thursday and our project for Wildlife Consevation is due also. Better keep it cool.

Bo